It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Could Cut Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Get in line. I called shotgun.

Besides, I'm curious... "reconstruction" practically destroyed the South, and I want to see just how tough Californians are.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Lake oroville is a huge water resource in north Cali, the farming community owns a huge stake in it for flood watering the rice fields and almond and citrus trees. That also feeds into the Sacramento River which then runs through the valley.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Seems to me that tit for tat is a game California will lose at. Why even try? They recieve over 12 billion a year in HUD and SNAP funding. They stop sending the Feds tjeir share and this could be cut.

California is a net contributor to federal funds. If they stopped paying their federal taxes, and in return stopped seeing federal dollars their budget situation would improve.

You ignore their reason for the split. immigrants from all over the world and bad economies will flood into the warm open arms of Sanctuarnia. The warm n fuzzy feelings will turn into death and dread within a month.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
California is going Full-retard.

again

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Bedlam

Get in line. I called shotgun.

Besides, I'm curious... "reconstruction" practically destroyed the South, and I want to see just how tough Californians are.

TheRedneck

Thats just mean , you already know how tough cucks are
You just want to witness the impending fail ! Admit it!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

You ignore their reason for the split. immigrants from all over the world and bad economies will flood into the warm open arms of Sanctuarnia. The warm n fuzzy feelings will turn into death and dread within a month.

The evil part of me would have a fine bit of schadenfreude should ca ever exit, just because that would be the first thing to occur, and if I were Trump, I'd be encouraging, nay, causing it to happen.

"Here you go, welfare heaven. I'll just tighten up the welfare reins on THIS side, and provide free transportation to your border for all who would like to go. Remember, you have to take them all, or you're being racist/sexist/anti-gay/whatever"

A bit of propaganda blarney playing Pacifica (or whatever they're calling their putative new nation) as the best thing since sliced bread for the indigent, and away the rumors would go. "I hear they're giving meth AWAY, FREE in Pacifica" "All the hard core dope you can smoke, and free bongs in Pacifica" "Three free meals a day and your own free apartment with a beer tap in every one in Pacifica" and soon enough, the open arms of Pacifica would be laden with all the freeloaders they could do.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I keep hearing this.

CA supplies its own water. And we're, at least temporarily, out of drought - - in some areas.

Well future water needs...they keep wanting to build an aqueduct from the Columbia, but then you didn't address power which about a third comes from outside the state... Well at least the poor Hollywoodites would not need to move due to their horrendous suffering...hehe

Also, Northern CA has long wanted to split the state into two since South CA rapes the North of their resources and the North gets to take part in all the south's problems...they can split at Fresno, and South CA can go away from the Union... I'm sure they will do fine as long as they all speak Spanish well...

edit on 29-1-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Mostly in northern california,where I live.Our drought is over.If Sacramento insists on going bat-sh#t crazy,we will just have to turn off the water spigot.Goodbye,SoCal.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Well, if Trump threatens withdrawing Federal money being sent to the State of California, then there's no reason that the State of California should uphold their money transfers back to Washington.

There are repercussions for Trump's actions, and he hasn't thought ANY of them through.

Oh, I bet he has. The guy plays 7-dimensional chess.

The outcome of this will almost certainly end up being the outcome he wanted, and the other side will still be convinced that they actually won: "Hah! Trump wanted us to pay $1000 for this bottle of water, but we managed to resist and get the price brought down to a mere $100! Aren't we clever... wait a second... did we just pay $100 for a bottle of water? Damn it, we've been played. Again."

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Follow the path of the Colorado river.
My geography is just dandy.

edit on 29-1-2017 by charlyv because: s

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
CALEXIT! Just do it will ya!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I plead curiosity. Folks around here have never seen that kind of destruction from the winning side.

(Seriously, it would be wonderful if California's leaders would just get a clue and drop it.)

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Folks around here have never seen that kind of destruction from the winning side.

A bit of a geocentric POV. In a regional sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

HEy NOrthern Calis gets done just liek the north did to the south.... Well aint that a coincidence! Northern independence to join the US after They Cal exit.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It just seems that California should clean up it's own backyard before exiting anything.
Leave the US so you can then have a civil war amongst yourselves?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hollywood is the biggest source of propaganda on the planet, shut em down.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A bit of an attempt to use humor to make a point.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
California makes its money off housing by having a housing shortage they can charge outrageous prices for housing right now i pay 1,200 a month rent for a one bedroom apartment. Getting rid of their sanctuary status would take away their artificial shortage on housing and prices would drop. The businesses that employ illegals would die out and someplaces would become a ghost town. California is dependent on illegal aliens and once the plug is pulled they are finished thats why

That's insane!!! We pay that for a house with between 2700 and 2800 sg ft!! Tons of space, for six people!!! You pay that for one bedroom??? Wow....knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad!!!

My apartment was $500 in California and a 3 bedroom house is $1200 where I'm at. Not all of California is expensive unless you live in the bay arena.

That sounds a lot more reasonable! Sheesh, and some of these people act like those of us in "flyover country" don't have any sense, but they pay that for housing???

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
We pay that for a house with between 2700 and 2800 sg ft!! Tons of space, for six people!!! You pay that for one bedroom??? Wow....knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad!!!

YOU haven't said where you live.

CA is very diverse.

You want to live near the beach? You pay for that.

Other areas depend on what they have to offer.

No, I haven't. It isn't in California, thank God. Never will be, either. Where we live, though, isn't known for cheap housing, but that's still what we pay. It's considered high, for a lot of people!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Hollywood is the biggest source of propaganda on the planet, shut em down.

You hear a handful of Liberal actors from Hollywood and you assume Hollywood is all Liberal.

Hollywood is about making money. Period!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join