It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if? Trumpets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Considering how religious groups read into the Bible the way they do, and seem to find meanings in the text that not all would see without suggestion.

I wanted to ask, and make an off the wall assumption in the same fashion.

Do you think the meaning, in Revelations, of trumpets sounding will be heard around the world, should be taken seriously as Trump's followers?

The trumpets are sounding world wide.
Is this the start of the great war?

I myself am not a church going being, but I find myself diving into religious article's, and multiple Bible's on occasion.

Open your mind, pull out your keyboard, and let's discuss this. The followers of Trump's campaign have been given the name. Does this name carry a dark side?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's probably Trump ETs. so maybe Trump is going to bring on UFO disclosure? Maybe that's what the bible is teaching us? This one is probably a question for Phage though. Phage? What say you?!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No, No and No.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It can`t be referring to real trumpets because they weren`t even invented yet when the bible was written,so maybe it refers to a possible resurgence in nationalism around the world.

The first shots of the American revolution are referred to as " the shot heard around the world", so the bible is using a metaphor when it says trumpets heard around the world.

edit on 28-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

something definitely is hinting at trying to be played out. With all the same scenarios just different stories showing up in a lot of television programming series or Hollywood movies. Whether it's a false deceptive fulfillment or actual prophecy coming to fruition. Only time will tell...

1 Corinthians 15:52 King James Version

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I was thinking the same thing about the trumpet not being a musical instrument for the same reason. That was the reason for the question.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aww and I had just started to accept the deplorables moniker...
Does this mean I should now consider myself in cahoots with the Anti-Christ?
Oh boy I needed a good laugh today.
Thanks op.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You're welcome! Lol

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Underfire2

I was thinking the same thing about the trumpet not being a musical instrument for the same reason. That was the reason for the question.

I was thinking it was made up by someone during one of the many re-writes of the bible by some random person for the same reason.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Underfire2
Do you think the meaning, in Revelations, of trumpets sounding will be heard around the world, should be taken seriously as Trump's followers?

No, for three reasons.

Firstly, scripture does not work with English puns. The similarity between the English words "Trump" and "trumpet" is as irrelevant as the similarity between "Satan" and "Santa".

Secondly, the trumpets in Revelation are not random sounds. There is a specific sequence of seven, marking out different stages of the vision.

Thirdly, there is no indication whatever that they would be heard "around the world". They take place within the vision, amongst the symbols of the vision. They are a way of organising the message, for the benefit of John himself and the people reading the book.

Gawd, I've only just finished breathing a big sigh of relief because that silly "Obama nation" pun was about to go out of fashion. I suppose "Trump= trumpets" is going to follow us about now for the next four or eight years.
edit on 28-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Or as a plan by the elite to depopulate, and certain passages brought to light as a warning to those who know. Perhaps as time passes and these "scriptures", or plans come into play, certain happenings are warnings, or reminders for those with a need to know. Like a 1500 year plan for global domination. With that in mind it makes the trumpet statement that much more eerie.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I doubt it.

I may be wrong, but this is my (layman's) understanding:

The word translated as trumpet in Rev is from the Greek σαλπίζω, which means roughly, to trumpet, make a loud sound, or a loud blast, and can be literal or figurative.

The word appears likely derived from the Greek σάλπιγξ, which means roughly a trumpet in a modern context, so it's interesting that this was not used instead of the word meaning to trumpet/sound/blast.

It is in turn possibly derived from σάλος, meaning a quaver, a billow, or a wave.

Peace.
edit on 1/28/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well we've had the sky trumpets , maybe that was it.
We may find they were a warning and that Trump is the Devil , Elon Musk is the second coming sent down to help Humanity and fight the evil when it arrives .... soon there shall be a great sky battle.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It can`t be referring to real trumpets because they weren`t even invented yet when the bible was written,so maybe it refers to a possible resurgence in nationalism around the world.

False. Trumpets were invented as far back as 1500 BC.

There are also 63 other references in the bible to trumpets, talking about a noise from a musical instrument, or a loud sound made. 64 total.

Case closed.

Trumpet Wiki

64 Trumpet Ref's

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

Thanks for doing the digging, I was about to, because I knew there were not only literal trumpets, but that the name for the instrument could well have meant to push a sound out loudly through a tube, like how an elephant "trumpets" long before the modern "trumpet" came to be.

Maybe tardacus was just being silly, but it never helps to make statements as if you know something for a fact when you don't.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RiptKeys

False. Trumpets were invented as far back as 1500 BC.

Also, the modern instrument was named after the verb. That the modern trumpet as we know it did not exist is really irrelevant in the light of the verb's meaning. It's a cart and horse thing. The modern instrument came after the longstanding verb. Lots of instruments "trumpet' their sound, including coronets, baritones, baritones, etc.
edit on 1/28/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes yes yes yes. Good thought, or rather that's a horrible thought I really rather that someone puts a stopper down the end of the Trumpet although I do love the sound of trumpets in a good Ska band.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I believe to truly understand the Bible you have to be saved. The Holy Spirit is what guides us into understanding.

Personally I believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. So the Revelation trumpets that you're talking about are literal trumpets sounded from heaven.

This is the best series on Revelation I've ever seen. It goes through each chapter for an hour so it is quite long but it is quite well done and it's good informative preaching. If you're interested in the subject.

This is the link to the youtube playlist: Revelation Playlist

These are the video's titles they give you some idea of what the focus of the video is on apart from that particular chapter of Revelation.
1 Sorry I don't know what this video is titled
2 """"
3 Is the Church Age Biblical?
4 Is Revelation 4:1 the Tribulation?
5 The Holy Nation
6 When Is The Day of The Lord?
7 Who are the 144,000
8 Is God's Wrath the Tribulation?
9 The Wrath of God
10 Bible Prophecy in the Book of Leviticus
11 Who are the Two Witnesses?
12 The Chronological Order of Revelation
13 The New World Order in Prophecy
14 Is the Rapture Found in Revelation 14?
15 The Song of Moses
16 The Seven Last Plagues
17 The Great Whore of Babylon
18 The United States in Bible Prophecy
19 The Battle of Armageddon
20 The Great White Throne Judgement
21 Who is the Bride of Christ?
22 The New Heaven and the New Earth

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Bible has nothing to do with:

English language