It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to approve Dakota Access Pipeline next week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Hey now.

I am all for drill baby drill.

I am all for smart investment.

Take California for example where nuclear power plants are built on known fault lines or known seismic zones.

One was so the next was and so on.

I want to do things right and exercise some common sense.

Pays off in the long run, and in the end ultimately cheaper.

Since the clean up cost is mitigated as much as it can be.
edit on 23-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, you think this is a good idea? Trump has investments in said pipeline. Native Americans were protesting the pipeline and were brutally attacked by riot police.

Trump is as corrupt as Clinton, if not more.

Sheep.

AS, we passed AS a long time ago.

This country let a corporation take over.

Hillary had hawkish ideals and we never would have known if she would have had a ground war in Syria...

Oh forget the banter. She may have done that. Trump will make war with anyone he feels doesn't make a 'good deal' or insults him.

We are in it now, my friend.
edit on 23-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The Baaken oil field isn't pumping what it used to, this pipeline is intended to hook up to the Alberta Tar Sands. So buying CANADIAN OIL is using our own resources?

There are numerous threads here on ATS that got into the entire issue and the nuances.

Something everyone keeps forgetting is "You Can't Drink Oil". A spill on this river will screw over millions downstream who also get their drinking water from it.

That said, I'm not anti oil, or the jobs that come with it but this line could and should have been routed around peoples water supplies.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does Trump own stock or not?
I can only find that he sold it.
Its this ANOTHER case of fake news?!
edit on 23/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's sheer stupidity to build a pipeline across a LAKE.

So they get an intake big whoop!!

Standing Rocks water source being moved was in the works well before the DAPL pipeline came along. Again, how do you expect to build a pipeline if you can't do water crossings? There are block valves on both sides of that water crossing. Airplanes crash, people still fly.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is a goddamn shame, so much for listening to the people this impacts the most. "F you all in particular, you don't matter and I do what I want!"

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I don't care.

Means fresh oil in a catastrophic event.

Oh my god, has it actually happened? Are Neo and I actually on the same page about something for once? Dear lawd, what strange alternate universe did I wake up in today?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
The Baaken oil field isn't pumping what it used to, this pipeline is intended to hook up to the Alberta Tar Sands. So buying CANADIAN OIL is using our own resources?

There are numerous threads here on ATS that got into the entire issue and the nuances.

Something everyone keeps forgetting is "You Can't Drink Oil". A spill on this river will screw over millions downstream who also get their drinking water from it.

That said, I'm not anti oil, or the jobs that come with it but this line could and should have been routed around peoples water supplies.

Absolutely. But all you will get back is a word salad of Trump and Jobs.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, you think this is a good idea? Trump has investments in said pipeline. Native Americans were protesting the pipeline and were brutally attacked by riot police.

Trump is as corrupt as Clinton, if not more.

Sheep.

Clinton was a loser. You want a loser running your country. Look what happened with Obama. Nobody says "hey losing is fun, let's do it again!!"
ha, from what I read Jack Black doesn't understand what winning is or why the need to "win". I guess when you're talentless, you get used to winning.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

www.snopes.com...

Really, who cares if he own stock. Non issue for me. I'm sure he's owned stock in many companies.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I can only find that he sold it.
Its this ANOTHER case of fake news?!

I already did the leg work it was sold. Short story he had between 500k and 1 mil then sold it off to 50k then sold that.

but because people kept arguing over the fake news part I didn't yet get to the other things..
he was given 100,000$ from another company that has stakes in the pipeline phillip 66. And he invested 100,000$ in them..

Now that one.. as far as I am aware is your run of the mill here's a 100k and you know once your in...

but that's all chump change.
He said this was his intention.
make American Energy
make American products (in America)

so here we go.

I imagine he's a fan of fracking as well. (don't quote me on that)

edit on 23-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Airplanes don't have millions of gallons of crude pumping through them.

Do things the right way or not at all.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This is a goddamn shame, so much for listening to the people this impacts the most. "F you all in particular, you don't matter and I do what I want!"

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I don't care.

Means fresh oil in a catastrophic event.

Oh my god, has it actually happened? Are Neo and I actually on the same page about something for once? Dear lawd, what strange alternate universe did I wake up in today?

LOl, it has happened! If I understand what he is saying, which is rare, and I think I do this time, I agree as well.

link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

um the pipeline was originally going around the native Americans land. this changed due to a regulation so they had to reroute. so no. he isnt screwing anyone over. they are probably gonna build it where it was supposed to go in the first place.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oil platforms often run their pipelines on the ocean floor, the US already has a network of oil pipelines out of Texas. It's nothing new.

Oil rises to the surface on it's own, nature deals with. Better to capture it first and put it safely in the pipeline.

Natural Oil Spills

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Standing Rocks Chief sister is Jodi Archambault Gillette. She is an advocate and lobbyist on Native American issues.
She served as senior policy adviser for Native American affairs in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama from 2012-2015.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

what people is it impacting?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

LOl, it has happened! If I understand what he is saying, which is rare, and I think I do this time, I agree as well.

we are living in very strange times.
between this and mandela effects,
and Trump being president..

I feel like I'm in a different world.

link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: UKTruth

www.snopes.com...

Really, who cares if he own stock. Non issue for me. I'm sure he's owned stock in many companies.

You have to look up the laws on what he can and can't own. It is quite complicated for a President. As far as I know, he still holds the lease on the Post Office Hotel. Spicer, today, did not know right off if Trump had 'separated himself' completely, a woman off to the side said, "He did, it hasn;t been made public yet."

Well, how awfully transparent of him.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's actually kind of funny.

I am as far from a tree hugger as one can get.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join