It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to approve Dakota Access Pipeline next week

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I tend to believe that sociopaths/psychopaths are deliberately groomed and hired for these sort of critical decision making jobs where they have to make farked up calls with a cold detachment from the reality of others. CEOs often fit the profile....it benefits shareholders and well you know the rest of that story I'm sure.

Actually the solution I mentioned is perfectly viable and I would imagine that the company has not thought of that particular solution. But who knows right.

Force it on them. I personally do not believe it is asking too much to limit damage we know will occur without some extra measures that do not require any time to develop as the technique for making hemp-crete already exists and you can grow unlimited amounts of hemp in many areas out there if you have the will or the need.

# it though right let it leak out who gives a #...maybe Trump will who knows. I voted for him and as a us vet and a native descendant and a descendant of the first Jews to hit US shores as well as the Norwegians, I personally would find a way to do something to help the situation but hey I am not a psycho.

I've lived on the res a few times and it's not all that out there the level of corruption aside from the socio-economic problems is hobbling many a tribe these days.

edit on 25-1-2017 by stabstab because: I suck at sausage fingers.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

I can't see how anyone that perhaps supported the occupation at the Malheure Reserve isn't in support of the water protectors. Government overreach is government overreach.

I know why, because those other folks are cowboys and these folks are native first nation brown skinned hippie types mostly, possibly of a liberal bent beating drums and talking about mother earth instead of being armed to the teeth dressed in army fatigues.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You're just someone who doesn't mind the idea of Profit being made through lying, dishonoring agreements, bypassing law or regulation, or the suffering of innocent people for Private Greed. Much like your new leader.

Yep it is like a never ending trend, its hip to be cruel

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

I'm not saying f*ck it at all.

What I'm saying is that they don't care about it being safer. Safer costs money and they don't want to spend that money just to save some lives of people who they wouldn't walk across the street to piss on if they're hair was on fire.

That's why they already cheat now, because cheating and having to get caught and pay for it is still cheaper than doing what's right. Or else they'd do it that way.

What we should do is fine the living sh*t out of them when they cut corners and make mistakes and make them actually feel the hit from the damage they do. But we don't and nobody ever gets in trouble. They just pay some money and off they go to exploit and damage and kill more of the earth as they extract oil and sell it and lie about the damage they're doing.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I imagine our natives in ND live in deplorable surroundings rife with poverty. They are a people who never relied on economics until it was forced down their throats. And now they rely upon it because the Earth will stop rotating if they don't?

I feel the same way about Alaska's pipeline. People living in the vicinity of Alaska's pipeline are in a small way compensated for their choice to live in the vicinity of a pipeline.

Treating the natives like the Americans they are is paramount to a gov. ruling American's.
You have to put native American's first if you wish to portray any sense of integrity.

I'm thinking that the natives in ND should be compensated for compromising their water resource for a pipeline in the vicinity of said water source. Just show some fiscal responsibility.

Multiple well-sites within the reservation grounds...pipeline company to ensure the water they rely upon is not compromised by pipeline...they gain their own water source, and a few bucks to keep their museums open for the tourists interested in the culture.

If you have a reason to understand then you understand the reason?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Camp is getting shut down as we speak.
Protestors are resorting to burning it down.
There's a huge mess at the camp, this protest has been a fiasco from the start.
www.sayanythingblog.com...

Meanwhile a press release from the North Dakota Joint Information Center indicates that there were 10 arrests today. Protesters also apparently set 20 fires, injuring two of their own who were taken to Bismarck by ambulance for medical care.

One was a 7-year-old boy, the other a 17-year-old girl.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
June 3, 2017

This past week, the Dakota pipeline went "live".

And, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke signed an order to begin reopening Alaska’s National Petroleum Reserve to oil and gas exploration, reversing the Obama administration’s ideologically driven 2013 shutdown. The order even aims at opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to production—a move that is decades overdue. This could not only buck up the listless Alaskan economy but cement the U.S. as an oil and gas powerhouse.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

MAGA

North American energy independence and a return to the USA being the largest producer.

Keystone pipeline will be next.

I bet Warren Buffet is pissed right off that he's losing out on moving oil by rail hahaaa.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

By rail? Wow..that's inefficient by comparison, isn't it? It's like taking a shower, with buckets on a conveyor-belt dropping water as they pass over you, one-by-one, LOL.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, rail is more expensive by around 5 bucks a barrel. Might not sound like much but thats over 2 million dollars a day in producers pockets. That can go to exploration and production, it will make a significant difference in the Bakken fields.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join