It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is having an EXCELLENT first working day!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am getting excited about his presidency. He does seem to have a lot of stamina and is checking things off of his list. Admittedly, I hope he doesn't get stymied in quagmire of partisan oppression and levels out. It is tough for one to accomplish so much in short time spans than level out. Many will whine if he seems to be slacking. Right now, though, I am exuberant in my choice of voting for him!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
a reply to: neoholographic

Ya, compared to Obama Trump appears to be having a superhuman herculean effort on the first day, when in reality it is a normal workload of a working President.

Except for the aforementioned Barack . 90% of his 8 years spent on the golf course and on vacation . Just think , if not for this , how much more of the US he could have destroyed.
edit on 1/23/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Check out the Video of Donald Trump's meeting with both Republican and Democrat leaders today.

edition.cnn.com...

The DEMOCRATS are SMILING MORE than the REPUBLICANS. That's WILD!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
As a libertarian who didn't like either:

Trump has my support now by killing the TPP.

I'm now cautiously optimistic.

Hope he does not freeze LEGAL immigration, however. I'm processing visa to get my wife and son from Philippines to the USA right now - half way through the process.

That is my biggest fear with Trump.

Good job doing it the legal way!
I hope everything goes well.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
As a libertarian who didn't like either:

Trump has my support now by killing the TPP.
I'm now cautiously optimistic.
Hope he does not freeze LEGAL immigration, however. I'm processing visa to get my wife and son from Philippines to the USA right now - half way through the process.
That is my biggest fear with Trump.

I'm not quite sure how you go there. Do you mean you didn't vote, not that it mattered so much it seems. Anyway, (both candidates were optional about the TPP) meaning and end to, or a re-negotiation re the TPP. Thing there is, blowback. What that measure will be is anybody's guess. Perhaps, if Trump said he would decentralise heavy industry like steel, encourage home based motor plants to do the same...perhaps there are already some doing that I don't know, which in any case would be nothing to do with Trump thus far, but if needed, that would be a way to go, it will not bring back Motown or Pittsburg though, those days are gone in scale at least.
Same goes for pretty much everything, while farmers and job losers still need to be compensated, and that's where the real hassle is,ignore that, and there is real trouble.
As for your family, you should have no hassle, all being well. Let Us all know though.

edit on 23-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Check out the Video of Donald Trump's meeting with both Republican and Democrat leaders today.

edition.cnn.com...

That must be good then, he didn't call anyone pigs that live in slums I take it?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. If you think otherwise you are delusional. The 60 vote rule in the Senate guarantees nothing will get done.
edit on 23-1-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: carewemust

edition.cnn.com...

That must be good then, he didn't call anyone pigs that live in slums I take it?

I don't think the press was allowed inside the actual meeting. What is interesting is visualizing Hillary Clinton during her first 3 days in office. It would have been celebrations, sleep and a couple of meetings.. in that order. I'm soooo grateful that God saved us from a Hillary presidency.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It was a very impressive first day. One full day in and he has achieved more than Obama did in 8 years.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: windword

To make an omelette you got to breaks some eggs.

Yeah who cares about laws when it comes Trump he is above all laws. Trumps first day just shows how big of a tool he is going to be. If you were to ask him to explain everything he signed he would as usual be clueless.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: windword

To make an omelette you got to breaks some eggs.

Yeah who cares about laws when it comes Trump he is above all laws. Trumps first day just shows how big of a tool he is going to be. If you were to ask him to explain everything he signed he would as usual be clueless.

That's quite a speculative scenario.
Fact is he had a great day. You should be pleased your President is getting things done.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Wow!!!! He talked with all those people!?? And the president of Egypt too ? WOW!!!111
Comeon guys. Isn't that his job ?
I have no horse in this race but these threads of praising trump every time the guy meets with someone are ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Trump is creating the illusion that he is doing something. He signed an Executive Order trashing the TPP. It was already dead. Now he has to negotiate 11 different bilateral trade treaties with 11 different countries, all of whom will insist on most favored nation status. He will be bargaining from a position of weakness because all the other negotiators know he needs to have treaties ratified by Congress before the Congressional elections in two years.

Today he is meeting with automobile manufacturers who will attempt to extort major tax breaks and government contracts to keep them from cutting jobs. Trump will have to cave or look impotent to keep his campaign promises.

Next up: convincing a tax cutting Republican Congress to authorize more infrastructure spending.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Ya, compared to Obama Trump appears to be having a superhuman herculean effort on the first day, when in reality it is a normal workload of a working President.

I don't think you remember Obama's first day, on Obama's first day (and first few months in office actually) all the left could talk about was how much he was doing, and all the right could talk about was how much he was doing. Later in his term Obama slowed down because of Congress, but early in his term, Obama was said to have done more in that span of time than any President before him.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

That is right! We just gotta wait and see, no other way around this, all the possible outcomes or theories many have....well, now it starts....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think you forgot to mention how he tipped the world trade power completely into China hands with one singel order that annihaleted Obamas 6 year work to make the US independent from China production.

Basically he just threw America, and most of Europe as well under the bus. We're in for a world of economic hurt with the power China now has.

Besides that, he didn't lie - America FIRST! FIRST UNDER THE BUS that is...

He must be one of the dumbest presidents in history.

There just isn't any good way to fix this. It's been done already. It took him one day to # up just about everything.

You'll see a surge in consumer prices forcing you to start producing everything yourselves. The only problem being the work force in the US will have to be doing next to slave labour for peanuts while goods get more expensive. And the prices will go up loooong before you have any production or jobs in place. Prepare to be buying the cheapest t-shirts available for 25-50 dollars each.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: br0ker

That's funny.
So we were all averting Chinese world domination by implementing TPP.

I guess the funniest thing is seeing these crazy talking points turn up shortly after they appear on liberal news sites, but never before.

It's the end of the world. The 1929 depression starts again today. It's all over. We may as well become part of China.
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Aaaand he has his finger on the Nuclear button!

So wait a minute, Seasonal's post got removed for political bait but this remains?

His first 100 days is going to be glorious. I'm sure some of these days will be bad ones, but most will be glorious.
50$ says that wall construction begins soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I reckon he's made a pretty decent start to things and can see a lot of positives coming out of his Presidency.

Ever since the financial crisis there has been a real struggle to boost growth beyond low digit levels. Yes there has been a recovery but ask anyone with a pension how well their fund is growing. It's just the same here in the U.K.

Sorry but it's time to put ourselves first for once and it does indeed look like both our once great nations are heading in that direction.

So much money is wasted on interventionist policies overseas, imagine that money invested in infrastructure, to encourage innovation or just reducing the debt. Instead of just blowing stuff up (emissions tax on munitions?)

So many great inventions be it technology, pharmaceuticals, medicine discovered but exploited overseas. Be that for cheap labour and higher profits/less regulation/more corruption. We should be aiming to capitalise on this ourselves, reinvest profits and not allow it to drift to markets that exploit child/slave labour. Who else would like to see the likes of Apple doing the bulk of their manufacturing is the US (I'm generalising and assuming here to make a point). Too many corporations not paying there dues within the markets they exploit.

I see no reason why manufacturing can't be stimulated in both economies and growth and investment promoted without pandering to the interests of corporations and nations. To an extent I quite like the idea of "you wanna sell it here - then damn well make it here!".

You can't blame the populations for wanting to put themselves first for once - why shouldn't we see our lives improve?

Alas there is a whole pile of mess created by previous administrations for which we have to take responsibility and do our part to make good. Stopping sticking out noses in would be a good start and an end to this cycle.

Sorry about the rant

Bob

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Prez O actually met with Richard Trumpka many times who bragged about how his people were over in Egypt during the Arab Spring stirring the pot. On Craigslist even. But that's another story. By the way Trumka has hobknobbed around with European Socialustvsho promoted the financial transaction tax...... Decide for yourself
edit on 24-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join