It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is having an EXCELLENT first working day!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: br0ker

Obama got us independent from Chinese production?
edit on 25-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Trump is creating the illusion that he is doing something. He signed an Executive Order trashing the TPP. It was already dead. Now he has to negotiate 11 different bilateral trade treaties with 11 different countries, all of whom will insist on most favored nation status. He will be bargaining from a position of weakness because all the other negotiators know he needs to have treaties ratified by Congress before the Congressional elections in two years.

Today he is meeting with automobile manufacturers who will attempt to extort major tax breaks and government contracts to keep them from cutting jobs. Trump will have to cave or look impotent to keep his campaign promises.

Next up: convincing a tax cutting Republican Congress to authorize more infrastructure spending.

This is true, very true! You sir, have a great mind, so great. Trump is crooked. Crooked Trump belongs in jail, and you the people will put him there. America will have problems with no infrastructure or access to the necessary commodoties to build it. Huge problems and closed trade walls. The problems will be big, very big. And your prices will rise before income or GDP. ATS FIRSST! ATS FIRST!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's funny.
So we were all averting Chinese world domination by implementing TPP.

I guess the funniest thing is seeing these crazy talking points turn up shortly after they appear on liberal news sites, but never before.

It's the end of the world. The 1929 depression starts again today. It's all over. We may as well become part of China.

It's pretty hard talking about something we don't know that someone has done, until they've done it. That's why we need news. Except Trump that is, hes great without the news, so great! But thats because he has a great mind, very very great! According to himself.

Other than that, his talks of pulling out and not backing NATO doesn't actually keep Russia in check. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing we'll loose a pawn soon (a country) to Russia because of this. NATO will be forced to retaliate, and America.. we'll you just won't give a f* ... I've always liked America being the responsible big brother. Many of you are from our Scandinavian ancestory. And I always liked buying American tech and American produced goods - I felt a sense of unity with Americans due to our countrys good relationship to each other. That's pretty much been crapped on and thrown out the window in just a few days. Also, I lost alot of respect for the American people actually electing him despite his blatant lies and complete disregard and lack of respect for women.

I'll won't buy an iphone again, I'll go asian. I won't shop at Amazon again, I'll shop domestic or Asian (aliexpress). I won't buy expensive computers from American companys, hardware is built in Asia anyway - and the US won't have competitive prices since Trump wants a strong currency for imports outside of Asia. Etc. EU export will boom to the Americas, still we'll not buy from America due to currency.

You're in a bit of a pickle. You'll loose export to the countries that currently have the strongest currency and best economy.

Good job

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Trump is following through on all his promises whether leftists like it or not. He is keeping his words. This is refreshing and if he keeps it up. 2020 is a guarantee because he will keep his base and attract more people.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No, TPP was a failure of an idea, even Bernie thinks so, he changed Hillary's stance on it, so all 3 condidates are on record for being against TPP.

As for China, no, Trump is already leveling charges of currency tampering. This could mean big trouble for china if the world has balls enough to back it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
Trump is following through on all his promises whether leftists like it or not. He is keeping his words. This is refreshing and if he keeps it up. 2020 is a guarantee because he will keep his base and attract more people.

Following through on his promises won't get him a win in 2020. Those promises have to work out and ultimately benefit people too. If he implements everything he said he would (something I'm still doubtful on), and what he said results in things getting worse he won't be reelected.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

As for China, no, Trump is already leveling charges of currency tampering. This could mean big trouble for china if the world has balls enough to back it.

Everyone knows China cooks the books. Until now, nobody has openly called them out on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You do know signing an executive order doesn't actually get anything done?

Getting things done gets things done.

Remember Obama signed an executive order to close Guantamono? That's still open.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join