It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey YOU! On the Right!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I thought it only Fair to create an equal thread for the right since we have one for the left.

Now that Trump won and republicans have control of congress are you going to hold them to the fire?

Are you going to hold Trump to the fire to try to pass congressional term limits which was one of his promises and one of our countries biggest issue that effects all other issues?.

What issues are top priority for you and you will hold him to the fire for?

[Edit]
To our lefty friends cruising by what will make a trump presidency a failure for you, and if he doesn't do those things will you acknowledged his presidency was not a complete failure?

edit on 28131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 10:28:03 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

ACA
Immigration

If these two issues are not "fixed" within the first two years trump will be a failure and will lose the senate and or the house. He made pretty large claims about these two issues(and others), and now he has to deliver.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
-crackdown on illegal aliens
-bringing tech and manufacturing jobs back
-making healthcare affordable again
-pulling out of worthless military conflicts

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

ACA- get rid of it

I will fight "stop and frisk"

Start enforcing immigration laws

Stop sending money to countries that hate us

Make government smaller

Lower my taxes

Treat our vets better

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

ACA
Immigration

If these two issues are not "fixed" within the first two years trump will be a failure and will lose the senate and or the house. He made pretty large claims about these two issues(and others), and now he has to deliver.

That is what we need more off. People that are willing to hold their party to fire versus making excuses for them.

I like that you overlook the party label and will base your opinion on his success or failure based on a concrete view of his actions versus party rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Party or no I think people wanted many issues with our government "fixed"(for lack of a better term). There are many things within our government that need to work better for THE PEOPLE as opposed to for our elected officials, and I think that is why we got those in office that we did. I think the anger will actually be more intense if things do not start getting "fixed".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Not American but if its going to be the same old same old I will beabitchin . 2017 will be a interesting year as we have the old guards moves clearly in our minds and it should be easy to see what moves are changing . I really don't have real high expectations because its seems that we were on the eve of destruction and are pulling back from that . Thank God

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I like them all so far

Although I'm shocked that none of you are asking to kill all minorities ,gays, and send women back to the kitchen like our lefty friends appear to suggest trump and the republicans will do.

So let me ask this:

Do you want him to make things worse for legal minorities ,gays, and send women back to the kitchen?

Is a requirement for a successful Trump presidency one where they make it illegal for gay weddings to occur. Or make it illegal to get an abortion under ALL circumstances?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: shooterbrody

ACA
Immigration

That is what we need more off. People that are willing to hold their party to fire versus making excuses for them.

I like that you overlook the party label and will base your opinion on his success or failure based on a concrete view of his actions versus party rhetoric.

Politicians need to be accountable to the people. The ACA was designed to fail, everything from the cumbersome nature of it, the difficulty of use, the unpopular additions of the employer and individual mandates, all of it designed for failure to be cured by... duh duh-duh daaa... true single-payer universal healthcare.

Obamacare was a means, not the end, and I am glad we will be getting rid of it prior to the end being realized.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think the anger will actually be more intense if things do not start getting "fixed".

I agree. Hopefully we won't go back to the same cycle of overlooking the BS based on our party.
edit on 05131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 10:05:18 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Do you want him to make things worse for legal minorities ,gays, and send women back to the kitchen? Is a requirement for a successful Trump presidency one where they make it illegal for gay weddings to occur. Or make it illegal to get an abortion under ALL circumstances?
I am not so sure that things were as bad as we were blasted with on social media as a whole .Not realistic to think anyone is going to make a perfect world . It would be nice if some how wages were good enough that if a woman wanted to go back to the kitchen she could .As it stands its a all in family just to scrape by for most families .

I think the abortion thing is a personal one but don't think it should be illegal . Gay marriage is another one similar to abortion and don't think it should be illegal or legal . Its just one of those things that comes down to a personal decision much like religion .

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

The ACA was designed to fail, everything from the cumbersome nature of it, the difficulty of use

Agreed it was designed for the insurance companies who helped draft it and who consequently started making nearly 45% earnings increase once it went to effect. While everyone else paid more and got less service.

However, I do think we need to fix healthcare in this country. We really need to consider if a nation where parents or workers can lose their life savings due to medical assistance, can really be called a first world nation or a world leader.

edit on 18131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 10:18:44 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Agreed on all fronts.

I am not so sure that things were as bad as we were blasted with on social media as a whole .

I was hoping that our lefty friends would see that and maybe maybe everyone can drop our guards towards each other and come together?

edit on 24131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 10:24:49 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Hopefully we all become less triggered in 2017 and give the great ATS mods a bit of a break .

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
I like them all so far

Although I'm shocked that none of you are asking to kill all minorities ,gays, and send women back to the kitchen like our lefty friends appear to suggest trump and the republicans will do.

So let me ask this:

Do you want him to make things worse for legal minorities ,gays, and send women back to the kitchen?

Is a requirement for a successful Trump presidency one where they make it illegal for gay weddings to occur. Or make it illegal to get an abortion under ALL circumstances?

Ummm...of course that's what we want...some sammich makin...and don't forget to bring me a beer...

Actually...minorities gays and women...are people too...
The future belongs to all of us...not just a select few we sometimes agree with...

We're all in this together...and yes...if The Donald can't feel the heat from the fire on his feet already...then he needs to be checked for diabetes...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Hopefully we all become less triggered in 2017

hahahaha

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Major changes to lobbying if not totally eliminated. If Congress needs information on a subject, go to those who have working background in the subject, not salesmen.

Campaign money is another issue.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

We're all in this together...and yes...if The Donald can't feel the heat from the fire on his feet already...then he needs to be checked for diabetes...

LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Major changes to lobbying if not totally eliminated. If Congress needs information on a subject, go to those who have working background in the subject, not salesmen.

Campaign money is another issue.

Right there with you. These are my top priority but to be fair he didn't say anything to my recollection about most of them but Congressional term limits.

1. Congressional term limits -- He did promise this

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector - He did make a little dent by including 5 year clause for his cabinet.

6. Transparency - Well we are lucky , his mouth won't let him be anything but transparent.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The only thing I currently hope for out of a Trump admin is marijuana reform. I've given up hope on all other positions in this country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join