It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last 10 Hours, About. Goodbye, For Auld Lang Syne.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was never so excited about an election until Obama. I went and volunteered, for both elections.

The first, I walked into Obama Headquarters in Buffalo. I had never been motivated to do such a thing. I had seen it driving from shopping or dropping off groceries to my little brother.

I was asked what I did for a living. I said 'customer service'. I was handed a cell phone and a pack of phone numbers and names and was told to offer elderly voters in Florida rides to the polls. And to specifically state that the point was to vote, not who to vote for. I came back, day after day. The local NBC station came one day and I was on the news. I still have that on a DVR.

I had never been so excited for a presidential candidate.

When Obama was elected...I had never been so proud of my country. Yes, I know that statement sounds familiar. It is true.

After that, I started to become interested in local elections. I canvassed for some Democrat candidates. I started donating a little money and a little time. I learned a lot about the process.

Over 8 years, I came to respect him so much, even if I was a little disappointed in what I thought was his lack of 'playing hardball'. His wife was an incredible inspiration.

I only wish the Democratic Party had picked Bernie or someone else over Clinton. Otherwise we may not be ion the spot we are this night.

I pray for all of us, on the eve of a reality TV star becoming President of the greatest country in the world.

I could say I pray he does well, I just don't have the motivation. Trump has given me no motivation.

I can remember the last 8 years, though, fondly.

Over the years, I came to greatly respect Joe Biden, who was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom with Distinction.

And I think, for the last time, the video I made for my mother when she first became very ill. She loved Obama so much. Rest in Peace , Mom.

(excuse the horrible editing, this was made in 2008)

So long, Barack. It was a great 8 years and great strides were made.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Please tell me what was sooooo bloody great in the last 8 years?

By great strides do mean 2 additional wars, less privacy?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Goodbye , Goodriddance to obama . May he fade to obscurity .

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I expected some nasty replies. I am not getting into arguments or posting obvious links to obvious accomplishments. I am just leaving this here.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
When Obama was elected...I had never been so proud of my country. Yes, I know that statement sounds familiar. It is true.

What I'm proud of is how my fellow countrymen & women were fed up and chose to rise up to stop the myriad of injustices perpetrated onto our country over the last eight years, but it's really neat that you're sharing how much you fawned over the dear messiah.

originally posted by: reldra
So long, Barack. It was a great 8 years and great strides were made.

Yeah, great strides. He is arguably the worst President ever. Race relations in this country are terrible - one of the many "great accomplishments" achieved by Obama and his administration.

Oh and by the way "You can keep your doctor" is what he will be forever immortalized for saying just like "read my lips" and George W. and there's a good reason for that. He flat out lied to EVERY American on multiple occasions about their health insurance, among other things.

Good riddance to that constitution trampling community organizer and don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way out.

Not to worry though, the next eight years are just going to fly by... (Drops mike)

edit on 20-1-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Obama goes out on a 60% approval rating. Trump's RCP average is 41.8. I see that going down further.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

"Approval numbers" - are those accurate like the falsified unemployment numbers reported by the outgoing administration, or is this just some more MSM fake news?

Sorry I don't buy it for a minute and with the unaffordable healthcare act set to be repealed with overwhelming support there's no way in hell that guys approval numbers are any where near 60%, that's just laughable to the point of being delusional. I wonder where do these "approval" numbers of 60% come from, because it sure isn't from 60% of American's citizens.

ETA from my prior post:

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
Oh and by the way "You can keep your doctor" is what he will be forever immortalized for saying just like "read my lips" and George W. and there's a good reason for that. He flat out lied to EVERY American on multiple occasions about their health insurance, among other things.

My bad, meant to say George H.W., not George W.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Farewell Barack , we will miss your sanity , stability and decorum.
He should be credited with saving the American economy and trying to help the poorest in your society with his affordable healthcare act , he did what he could in the face of a system rigged against him.

I think history will look favorably on Obama , moreso as the next 4 years of a Trump Presidency rumbles on.

Time now to batten down the hatches , we're all heading into uncharted waters it could get bumpy.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
did i step into an alternate reality? i feel like i just fell down the rabbit hole into wonderland. you should really look at where you guys are getting those poll numbers from. its from CNN, ORC, ABC news, and the washington post. maybe get polls from both sides of the aisle then meet in the middle to try and find something thats abit closer to the truth. in anycase id have a hard time believeing any poll without the hard data of how they got those numbers, exactly like my professors in college taught me to do.
edit on 20-1-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How many government positions and seats have the demarcates lost since Obama was president?

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
Under President Obama, Democrats have lost over 900 state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats.

Now the media is stuck on creating fake news with the only purpose to create false narratives to bring Trump down.

edit on 20-1-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed finger fumble

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
did i step into an alternate reality? i feel like i just fell down the rabbit hole into wonderland. you should really look at where you guys are getting those poll numbers from. its from CNN, ORC, ABC news, and the washington post. maybe get polls from both sides of the aisle then meet in the middle to try and find something thats abit closer to the truth. in anycase id have a hard time believeing any poll without the hard data of how they got those numbers, exactly like my professors in college taught me to do.

Fox's number was about the same. Are you suggesting Breitbart or Conservative Treehouse? You started to run out of news outlets you don't trust so many, lol.

President Obama Job Approval FOX News Approve 57, Disapprove 39 Approve +18
President Obama Job Approval Pew Research Approve 55, Disapprove 40 Approve +15
President Obama Job Approval Gallup Approve 58, Disapprove 38 Approve +20

Jan 19 Real Clear Politics
edit on 20-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Jan 17

President Obama Job Approval NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Approve 56, Disapprove 40 Approve +16
President Obama Job Approval Monmouth Approve 54, Disapprove 40 Approve +14
President Obama Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 62, Disapprove 38 Approve +24

Jan 10

President Obama Job Approval IBD/TIPP Approve 55, Disapprove 41 Approve +14
President Obama Job Approval Quinnipiac Approve 55, Disapprove 39 Approve +16
edit on 20-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I could say I pray he does well, I just don't have the motivation.

So in typical Liberal butthurt fashion, you'd rather he fail, than get behind anyone but a Democrat who will help this country.

Are you lot beginning to understand why you lost so badly?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Not a,matter of getting behind him . No one thinks he can do this. No one.
No amount of well wishes is going to change this.
He was unfit and unqualified for this job on Nov 8th and he's no better prepared today.
Sorry that's the truth.
Prepare yourselves for devastation.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We all lost dude.

Every one of us.

S A D. . . .

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Yeah sure.
SMH

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Good job Reldra. His accomplishments are out there. Anyone who denies them are being purposely obtuse and stubborn.
Never mind them.

To President Barack Obama Thank you Sir.

Hey dude, congress could still use someone like you. Hint hint..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

edit on 1202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Post removed by me .
I'm self governing again...
edit on 1202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is like everything in life, Obama was neither the antichrist or savior that some here make him out to be.

He did some things well and some things poorly.
Trump will do some things well and will do some things poorly.

The only thing that is guaranteed , other then the above two lines, is that the next 4 years will be different then the last 4 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Neither was Obama, but you guys are sobbing in your beer over him leaving and he has been one of the most divisive, do nothing Presidents we've had. Race relations alone have been set back 50 years.
Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet, but he's already gotten huge companies like Ford to come to or stay in the U.S., bringing in jobs and the chance to rebuild cities like Detroit.

Obama gave us the term "McJob" if that tells you anything.

<<   2 >>

join