It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump To Allow Alternative Media Into White House Press Briefings?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And make the Commie News Network sit in the back row.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Oh no.

I can hear Alex Jones uncontrollably yelling things and selling Berkey things on the white house lawn.
a reply to: Black_Fox

He'll drown everyone out with his voice. His voice is so irritating! Someone give him a glass of water already!

Seriously, I think it would be rather interesting and entertaining. The president will probably get more difficult questions and more heated responses from reporters. We may see reporters brawling on the floor for attention! Press conferences may become prime time entertainment.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

lmao

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SaloonSal

I'm sure it's a good thing Trump fills the hall with supporters to drown out the pertinent questions of the real journalists , that's how democracy works ... isn't it ?

OH LIGHTEN THE F*K UP ...Don't you people have a funny bone in your body ?....And contrary to what the left may think,
the people on the right will be the first to hold Trump's feet to the fire, as WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO PUT HIM THERE !!!!
DO TRY AND FIND AT LEAST SOME LEVITY IN LIFE BEFORE YOU DROWN IN YOUR TEARS

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

It seems this us versus them mentality is losing footing on American soil? None too soon, I say.
Isn't an American journalist an American before becoming a journalist?

One day it will be 'fellow American' before left versus right? None too soon, I say.

End the hate start the love, none too soon, I say.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Blah blah blah. Straw man much? If the move is simply to let more members of the media in, expect nobody to have a problem. If the move is intended to push out media that might be critical of Trump's administration and replace them with a gaggle of fawning sycophants, then that's something else entirely.

Not that you care:

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: introvert

No, Trump simply turned the tables on them and used their own ridiculous strategy against them.

No, what Donald Trump did was to lie into a microphone and use it as an excuse to go on a diatribe against the media as a PR stunt so that his supporters would post things like the above.

It's ironic that you throw around words like "facism" when you're talking about somebody else but you applaud eggregious coercion of media outlets by the incoming administration.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not part of your political farce I'm just a member of the free world who will be affected by your decision.
I see your emperor for what he is , Dangerous.

I see no reason to lighten up.

edit on 16-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I guess this is under one condition, that condition being your undying love and adoration for Trump. He is never to be criticized; even if his actions directly oppose your interests. And if you are to speak out on behalf of whatever news outlet, you will no doubt hinder your chances at ever been invited back to the press conference.

Come on now. You are better than this.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'd never seen www.MintPressNews.com before. That site can make you more angry than CNN.com! Is that one of the indoctrination websites for people who hate Israel, and are contemplating strike targets?

Clearly you didn't peruse any articles on the site if that's your conclusion.

Furthermore, it may come as a shock, but yes, independent journalists do actually criticize Israel's policies and actions ::gasp!::
Our MSM has conditioned America to believe that any criticism of Israel as a nation is blasphemy. Sorry if you're not prepared for that, but there's also a wealth of other articles written by actual journalists about a plethora of other issues as well.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

What I'm really hoping is that under Donald Trump, CNN/ABC/MSNBC get pushed to the back of the bus. If the White House wants to share important news to only a few TRUSTED journalists, those 3 Fake News organizations won't be in that group.

Here again, another call for authoritarian control of the media by the government. I'm all for opening up the press conferences to more media outlets. That sounds like it could be a good idea that will lead to greater accessibility to smaller outlets which will make them more competitive with the big outlets.

This on the other hand is the exact opposite and a horrible idea:

"If the White House wants to share important news to only a few TRUSTED journalists"

Do you understand what "free press" means?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

....And contrary to what the left may think,
the people on the right will be the first to hold Trump's feet to the fire, as WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO PUT HIM THERE !!!!

I'm so happy to hear you say this. I'm afraid ego's will get in the way, as people have trouble admitting when they've made a mistake, so I'm hoping all of his supporters feel this way as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We just want the media owned by these megaconglomerates out:

and independents in. You can have Young Turks in there.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Plot twist: They don't. They should be holding his feet to the fire before he gets in office. They are not doing it now, and they won't do it when he gets in office. They are full of poo poo like their leader.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"Today on Good Morning Russia, we are live at the white house for an interview with the president."

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

....And contrary to what the left may think,

I'm so happy to hear you say this. I'm afraid ego's will get in the way, as people have trouble admitting when they've made a mistake, so I'm hoping all of his supporters feel this way as well.

YES, Angeldoll, many Trump supporters don't say it.. but WE who fervently supported him will truly be the first to feel betrayed and be EVEN MORE mad than those of you on the left!!!
It's the same as why we never could understand the continual support of Obama's betrayal.
STAY AWARE AND HAVE HOPE

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That is a list from 2008 and RT is not on it . I hope RT gets a better reception under Trump then they did under OBummer .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
"Today on Good Morning Russia, we are live at the white house for an interview with the president."

That's what twitter is for...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
...or as the media and their parrots call it, it's an attack on the first amendment.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Trumps war on the media continues , those who say "nasty things" about him will be frozen out.

So basically he is banning all the liars out. The ones who said Hillary had it in the bag, and the faked news about Trump raping all those women. etc..

I suppose that is good then.. (haha)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

INFO WARS and BREITBART are two of the legitimate "Alternative News" outlets that come to mind. What are some of the others? National Enquirer? TMZ?

Jesus...

Don't you mean "sweet Jesus!" ?

Nope. Anyone who thinks Alex Jones, trash supermarket tabloids, and TMZ are the new media is in need of some serious soul searching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join