It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump To Allow Alternative Media Into White House Press Briefings?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: carewemust
INFO WARS and BREITBART are two of the legitimate "Alternative News" outlets that come to mind. What are some of the others? National Enquirer? TMZ?

Infowars and Breitbart are pure propaganda outlets.

They serve confirmation bias and fear on a silver platter for Right Wing nuts.

You describe the Big3 broadcast MSM perfectly.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Nope he put a sniveling actor(NOT reporter) in his place for being disrespectful to the president elect in front of the nation. I'd revoke their press pass as well. They are not media, their motivation is purely driven by clicks and revenue.

So fascism. Ok.

From my knowledge no one is preventing you all from talking. We are just countering with valid arguments without demeaning someone. If you loose the debate and eventually the election you are expected to act like adults and not pull this #NotMyPresident BS. Until you all act like adults we will stop meeting you on the same field of play. Snowflake.

That's funny. In one sentence you say you are using valid arguments without demeaning someone, and then end the paragraph by trying to demean me.

No we call it fake news to the cheers of other reporters. Did you not watch the video?

The Right now calls any source they disagree with fake news. It's their new defense mechanism that allows them to feel like they are winning debates without actually having to engage is intelligent discourse.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: introvert

Like the same couldnt be said for their audiences when describing CNN FOX ABC NBC CBS MSNBC NYT LAT WaPo etc etc??????????????????????

Ok.

I was not defending any of those you listed. Why are you trying to deflect?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What I'm really hoping is that under Donald Trump, CNN/ABC/MSNBC get pushed to the back of the bus. If the White House wants to share important news to only a few TRUSTED journalists, those 3 Fake News organizations won't be in that group.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here's the list of 'normal news':
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What if this is an attempt to stop the alternative media from reporting damaging news by getting them complacent and inviting them 'into the club' as it were.

After all if you can be assured of where the alternative media is sourcing their information from then you can control that narrative too. This may be more of a silencing tactic than an open door one.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If the White House wants to share important news to only a few TRUSTED journalists, those 3 Fake News organizations won't be in that group.

You don't see a problem with that ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What I'm really hoping is that under Donald Trump, CNN/ABC/MSNBC get pushed to the back of the bus. If the White House wants to share important news to only a few TRUSTED journalists, those 3 Fake News organizations won't be in that group.

So you want Trump to only share important news with outlets that will report favorably for Trump?

Sounds like the start of a propaganda machine.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The funniest would be blogger John asks a relevant question and the media have to give credit to a blogger for asking a question.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Here comes Alex Jones and every other conservative blogger out there. What a disaster the next 4 years will be but no matter how bad it gets I'm sure conservatives will praise every mistake and blunder by Trump and the GOP, just like they are now.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

INFO WARS and BREITBART are two of the legitimate "Alternative News" outlets that come to mind. What are some of the others? National Enquirer? TMZ?

Infowars and Breitbart are pure propaganda outlets.

They serve confirmation bias and fear on a silver platter for Right Wing nuts.

InfoWars and Breitbart bash Liberals. CNN and MSNBC bash Conservatives.

Elected liberals are a shrinking minority. Heard this morning that they've lost over 1,000 elected positions since President Obama's first term. This means that InfoWars and Breitbart should be given more access within the Trump Administration than the backwater media, like CNN and MSNBC.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OH MY GOD I'm smiling at this....
Oh the audacity of Trump breaking up their little club of "the cool press kids "!!!
And as for the seating arrangement>>>>
Maybe they should play that Kindergarten school game with music and everyone has to circle the chairs -then when the music stops try and grab a chair !!!
HA HA HA..JUST IMAGINE IT..He should SERIOUSLY do it...Announce that from now on that's how the seating will be determined !!!
Watching these nasty backstabbing click bait peddlers have to mingle with the tin foil conspiracy web reporters will be GLORIOUS... GLORIOUS I TELL YOU !!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

InfoWars and Breitbart bash Liberals. CNN and MSNBC bash Conservatives.

CNN and MSNBC are biased, mediocre news organizations.

Infowars and Breitbart make CNN and MSNBC look like beacons of truth in comparison.

This means that InfoWars and Breitbart should be given more access within the Trump Administration than the backwater media, like CNN and MSNBC.

God help us all.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: introvert

No, Trump simply turned the tables on them and used their own ridiculous strategy against them.

Wait what? You're saying only left leaning outlets push propaganda? Do you acknowledge conservative leaning outlets pushed fake news as well?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Jesus...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So he is opening the media up to everyone and there are complaints. WTF folks. You want transparency...here is is. Again, this is not about Breitbart being able to attend. It is about opening it up to all. I mean, the outgoing administration started to label what was a reporter as well as how many times they used the Espionage Act, more than any admin ever, to cover their asses.

Why should the same 5 or 6 people get to ask the pre-determined questions? I mean, if anything, this will make for some pretty interesting press conferences.

Bottom line...he is not suppressing free speech he is endorsing it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Believe it or not, there are many others. I really like

Www.mintpressnews.com

Check it out and form an opinion before anyone else gives you theirs.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

I'm sure it's a good thing Trump fills the hall with supporters to drown out the pertinent questions of the mainstream journalists , that's how democracy works ... isn't it ?

edit on 16-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Jesus...

Don't you mean "sweet Jesus!" ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'd never seen www.MintPressNews.com before. That site can make you more angry than CNN.com! Is that one of the indoctrination websites for people who hate Israel, and are contemplating strike targets?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join