It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran boasts 10 million martyrs ready to fight US to the death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not to mention the invasion of Afganistan which also boarders Iran. It is well set up for an invasion with forces surrounding Iran in countries controled by the coalitions military. That's how i would do it but it could also just be a coincidence that was never factored into planning the invasion of Iraq or Afganistan.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
``

that 10 Million strong
is probably exaggerated..
there are likely 200,000 uniformed
and another 500,000 - 1,000,000 IF the USA or Israel strikes
Irans' underground nuclear facilities

but the EU backing away from stringent controls & inspections of AtomicEnergy in Iran
and the energy pacts between Russia-Iran to pipeline petrol
from caspian area, portage & distribution thru Iran...future guarantees of energy to EU markets
the UN also moderating it's stance with a Muslim State, in general

all combine to put the onus on the Bush agenda for USA....

so ? an all out effort to deploy the high-tech & robotics in a nightmarish
future which may relect the opening scenes of the 'Terminator' movie.
in response to the threat of a 10million man martyrdom assault....
a no-win situation, a self-fufilling armageddon ?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I know I would fight to the death before being placed in a prision where women in thongs gave me lap dances

Heck I am ready to surrender NOW

you call this being pleased ( you have a sick sense of humor )
would like to see someone do that to you

[edit on 29-1-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Oh yeah, silly me, I should have takin into account Americas cowardice with air attacks. shock and awe again anyone?

You know I do not see you there. You would be taken in a heart beat by the inserts and beheaded.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES
You know I do not see you there. You would be taken in a heart beat by the inserts and beheaded.

Please let us all know, brave one, when you plan to deploy.

Regarding Iran's boasts.. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the essence of the message. They are not the nearly the broken down force Iraq was when we rolled in this last time.

Go look at the country's current military statistics, study the culture and terrain. The last thing we need to do is get froggy with them. IT isn't in anyone's best interest.

Taking them out a'la Iraq wouldn't be nearly as easy as some seem to think. Oh yeah - and if we actually did go that route, they would HAVE to start the draft. There's no way around it.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
mUzzleflash said it better than I ever could, The level of hatred in here for American policy is beyond comprehension....I would even call it Insane!!

As far as Iran's trash-talk goes.......Arab's always talk the big talk, but when push comes to a shove, they run and hide. Lets face it, Iran is scared....and they outta be!!!

The Mullahs cannot be allowed to stay in power.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let us purpose that the U.S does launch air strikes against Iran, I have no doubt that the Iranian's could not stop such aircraft from bombing their selected targets.
However I wonder how the U.S would react when the Iranian's launch fast air operations against less anti-air protected U.S ground bases in Iraq in retaliation?

Would Iran not be well within their rights to defend itself in such a way?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

If China decided that our nukes needed dismantling, and they decided upon striking us, would we be within our rights do defend ourselves against them?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
That's how i would do it but it could also just be a coincidence that was never factored into planning the invasion of Iraq or Afganistan.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Trent]

Coincidence? Nah, our wars are planned decades in advance.

Think about the game of 'Risk'. A rather simplistic, yet extremely effective, plan of attack. We have mock military bases set up, airports, holding camps, and all the equipment we could possibly need to over-power a neighboring country.

Think about it. Why do we continue with the guerilla tactics in Iraq? We have the technology to take care of this from a distance. However, what better way to infiltrate ourselves and set up shop in all the towns/cities and pave the way for even more surveilance equipment and personnel?

On a higher scale....

This mess with Iran has been going on for decades. I believe we've known about their nuclear technology for years. No way we would have been able to take control without the help of a bordering country. Sadam wouldn't give us the space and assistance we needed. (He was probably 'incahoots' with Iran, thus played games with the U.S. and U.N. to buy time and help out his 'ally')

Well, we 'strong-armed' him and took his country anyway. Moved our tanks, jets, weapons, satellites, and personnel in to set up shop for the 'real' war.

I believe we learned from Vietnam, in that we can't simply 'drop' soldiers in to combat zones to take out our enemies. That's suicide. How else are we to fight (and win) a war that's oceans away?

If you think about it, why else would we train taliban and others? Perhaps we banked on them assisting us with Iran, only it back fired! (Maybe we thought we could take care of this whole issue w/out having to completely move into another country. Use their own people for our 'cause'. When this backfired, the U.S. realized we gotta take care of this ourselves and quick!)

Originally posted by Trent

Not to mention the invasion of Afganistan which also boarders Iran. It is well set up for an invasion with forces surrounding Iran in countries controled by the coalitions military.

Perhaps our real reason for being in Afganistan? We're supposedly searching for Osama, maybe a front for our setting up surveilance on Iran?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

every country has a right to defend its self

if that was me i would give the orders to launch every missile i have at my diposale while i have the chance enflicting the most damage to them possible

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We invaded and occupied Afghanistan for two reasons: The Caspian Sea oil basin and OPIUM. Osama's nothing but an excuse.

Who here thinks we could not catch him? I'm quite certain the CIA could've handled that easily enuf.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Who here thinks we could not catch him? I'm quite certain the CIA could've handled that easily enuf.

I'd have to agree. We have satellites that can pick up and read a newspaper sitting on someone's kitchen table. Why haven't we found Osama?

Could it be that once we do take out Osama, we will no longer have the excuse or permission to be stomping around Afghanistan and other countries?

Kind of like a police surveilance team who occupies a home next door to a suspected drug dealer. If the police can't get assistance from the neighborhood, they'll likely come up with other warrants (or excuses) to set up shop anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
WAR = MONEY for Corperations = Money for BUSH Family & Co
But its not small change we are talking about here.
WAR WAR WAR = Money Money Money
America will see WAR for the next 10 - 20 years ......
Human life = worthless..........there are billions of us.
Your life to Bush = Worthless (Do you really think he losses any sleep over your dead soilders)
IRAQ was NEVER a threat.
Afganistan was NEVER a threat.
I really do feel sorry for you guys over there cos there isn't anything you can do to stop it.
And if a country is a threat maybe if might be wise to ask yourself why they are threat instead of bombing the innocent in the name of National Security.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

I don't have the link to the burg beheading but which would you prefer naked pyramids or having your head sawed off with a knife and having it showed on video so your family can watch it? Which one do you think has the MOST sick sense of humor?

One is tackey and the people involved should be punished.

The other is the work of murderess psychopaths.

Can you guess which one is which?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Please let us all know, brave one, when you plan to deploy.

Regarding Iran's boasts.. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the essence of the message. They are not the nearly the broken down force Iraq was when we rolled in this last time.

Go look at the country's current military statistics, study the culture and terrain. The last thing we need to do is get froggy with them. IT isn't in anyone's best interest.

Taking them out a'la Iraq wouldn't be nearly as easy as some seem to think. Oh yeah - and if we actually did go that route, they would HAVE to start the draft. There's no way around it.

Bootcamp, I am a disabled veteran. Do you have a problem with it? U2U me. Your experience is not what I call greatness. Must a been the low man on the pole of respect in command. P***Y!

[edit on 29-1-2005 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I don't have the link to the burg beheading

Here is a link to several beheadings.....

www.homestead.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't have the link to the burg beheading but which would you prefer naked pyramids or having your head sawed off with a knife and having it showed on video so your family can watch it? Which one do you think has the MOST sick sense of humor?

One is tackey and the people involved should be punished.

The other is the work of murderess psychopaths.

Can you guess which one is which?

On another note....

This is war, after all. How do you suppose we should go about interrogations?

We're not supposed to physically harm them. We can't touch them. We can't withhold food, drink, or other human necessities. We're not allowed to threaten them. Now, everyone is crying about using psychological or other berating means.

Most of these prisoners are treated better than our own. I guess we should just open up a Marriott and have their meals catered.

I know there are some cases of abuse, but that's a very small percentage. Those who commit such abuse will (are currently are) be taken care of, they will be brought to justice and punished. The media is concentrating on the treatment of thugs, and will do what ever it takes to get stories that help station ratings.

So, again, I'd like to ask members on this board...

How do you propose these prisoners be treated? How do you propose we get information from them?

War is ugly, it's not meant to be a square dance. That's why war is left as 'the last resort'. It's nasty and no one really wants it.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

if that was me i would give the orders to launch every missile i have at my diposale while i have the chance enflicting the most damage to them possible

You would then be the leader of a nice nuclear wasteland.

A pre-emptive attack on the worlds only Super power what a brilliant tactic. I wonder why many countries havent given that a go yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Bootcamp, I am a disabled veteran. Do you have a problem with it? U2U me. Your experience is not what I call greatness. Must a been the low man on the pole of respect in command. P***Y!

Bootcamp?

I see how you are, someone - a vet no less - disagrees with your views and you attack and malign them.. That's mature and enlightened. Maybe some counseling would do you some good.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Lets be civil people

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join