It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran boasts 10 million martyrs ready to fight US to the death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
"TEHRAN (AFP) Jan 27, 2005
A top Iranian military chief warned on Thursday that he has 10 million volunteers ready to fight the United States to the death as Tehran denied its talks with the EU over its nuclear programme were at an impasse.
"Iran is the biggest military power in the region (with) 10 million volunteers for martyrdom operations ... to turn Iran into a terrible nightmare for the United States," General Mohammad Bagher Zolghadr, deputy commander of Iran's hardline Revolutionary Guards, told the Kayhan newspaper.

His comments came against a backdrop of an escalating war of words between Iran and the United States, which has hinted at possible military action over Tehran's nuclear programme which it alleges is a cover to build an atomic bomb.

"If the United States wants to attack the Islamic republic, it must know that Iran has no limits to defend itself and will be capable of delivering fatal blows against the aggressor wherever it decides," Zolghadr said.

"We will not welcome war but if the United States commits an error, we will give them such a lesson that they will never recover."

www.spacewar.com...

Such "bravado" may come out of complete fear. Or it could be a desperate attempt to keep "stalling" while Iran builds Nukes and Missiles.

Either way this is a very "dangerous" statement.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Its the evolutionary fight or flight response. there is no room for flight, so fight they will. Lets hope the bully boy is smart enough not to test it. Either way it would almost certainly mean the end of dubyas reign, America will finally wake up when the numbers of American fatalities becomes to high to live with. Dubyas on thin ice, even the iron patriots wont tolerate sheer stupidity leading to unacceptable American loss of life.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That's why the US will only go to war to defend Israel, if required.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Actually if we did attack them it would be by air not ground. Although I hope that does not happen we would lose very few people . The big impact would come in the form of the collapse of the world oil market.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh yeah, silly me, I should have takin into account Americas cowardice with air attacks. shock and awe again anyone?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Since when does intelligence in choosing a weapon superior to your enemies equated to cowardice? Wars have always been fought with blood and treasure. The United States just happens to sacrifice more treasure than blood. That's just our preference. The men and women that fly and support these aircraft are in fact quite brave.

I suppose we could all go back to using sticks and stones....NOT!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
instar could you be anymore bias and one-sided? i doubt it

your perception is skewed by your anti-americanism

and YES, calling americas air dominance "Cowardice" IS Anti-Americanism!!

and your guilty of being Bias!

being dominant militarily is NOT cowardice! it is just the way things work...
sometimes one nation is stronger than another nation...
thats how earth works

so i guess when britain fought argentina over the falkland islands that UK was a bunch of cowards too huh?
I guess that when America Bombed Nazi Germany to rubble, we are Cowards then too huh? Ya Rite, Americans cowards in WW2?

personally you anger me very much with your unfair comments
its just because your attacking my nation as "cowardly"

America may not be the "Good Guy" all the time, but America is SomeTimes
but America is no coward , thats for sure

we went to Iraq and Afgani, did YOU?
NO YOU DIDNT
your The Coward Obviously
because your sitting at your house on your computer typing offensive comments about HOW americas Military is a bunch of cowards!!!

Why arent you ever willing to fight a war? Ha, You are no better than your insults at America

Resulting to insulting America over its air dominance is equal to being a big coward yourself , isnt it?

I will never consider your comments with Any validity agian, because your more bias than almost anyone else on this board

Everyone is a little bias right, its human nature
but your obscene comments top the list sir

Either apoligize for being overly bias
or I will never look at your comments with validity agian

And ill apoligize ahead of time to you, for being overly bias in my assertion that you are overly bias
but that doesnt make you any less bias yourself

America isnt a coward, in fact we are the only nation willing to attack several other nations at the same time
we even send in ground troops thats very brave

Why dont you go tell the soldiers in Iraq or Afgani how "Cowardly" they are
TO their Face????

OH Ya i forgot , youd never do that because you are, exactly what you call them .... cowardly
doesnt it suck when your insults towards someone come right back into your face? if you dont like it Quit insulting Americans as Cowards, lest you be labeled one as well

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sorry, what you say muzzleflash? I couldnt hear you over the cluster bombs.

[edit on 103131p://140110 by instar]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
unlike the Iraqi troops which mostly all lined up to surrunder

the chances are the iranians will keep fighting after seeing what happens to POWs under the US

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"We will not welcome war but if the United States commits an error, we will give them such a lesson that they will never recover."

Oooh! We're shaking in our boots, well shaking in out bombers anyways...
Now where have I head this kind of talk before. Now I remember.

(click picture for a treasury of deathless quotes)

"We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."

"We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."

Talk will not win the war. At least it didn't work for the Iraqis. I think the only lesson that will be given here is was the construction of the bomb shelter adequate.
I don't think we should be attacking Iran at this time, but we'll just have to wait and see what the Bush administration decides to do.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well...the guy wasn't always wrong - he got this one right:

"I speak better English than this villain Bush"

I think Iran is far better prepared for an invasion that Iraq ever was. It would be stupid to test it.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
instar,

How can you single out the American military as being cowardly. Especially considering the fact your Australian, our planes were bombing Iraq too and have bombed just about every country America has. It is true that modern militaries do accidentally kill more civilians than the days where people fought with swords because it's a lot easier to accidentally kill a civilian with a bomb dropped from a plane than it is to accidentally kill someone with a sword. However suggesting America is the only country that uses modern military tactics is plain wrong

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"There will be wars and roumors of wars" For Pete's sake, don't let Dubwa see this or we will be there next. I have a gut feeling that he is probaly rolling this problem around his mind trying to figure out how he is going to sell it to the American public. "He will get a predictable response, and it's not going to be rational"

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
the chances are the iranians will keep fighting after seeing what happens to POWs under the US

I know I would fight to the death before being placed in a prision where women in thongs gave me lap dances

Heck I am ready to surrender NOW

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Being imprisioned against your will is never going to be appealing to anyone. I'm sure the lap dances are overrated so don't surrender yet Amok. No being captured would not be a nice prospect at all and wouldn't fighting in the insurgency make it more likely for you to get arrested than just trying to go about your business as normal? Thus capture being a reason not to fight rather than a reason to fight.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Muzzleflash, I couldn't have said it better myself! Standing up and fighting, putting your life on the line for what you feel is right is far from a cowardly action. Whereas sitting on your bum and badmouthing those who do is.

We are not the bully. The leaders who murder and torture their citizens and threaten the lives of millions so that they can be "in charge" are the bullies. It is our job to stop the bullies. So we have the ability to knock them off their pedistal and stop them. That makes us the bad guy... the coward?

I know several soldiers who have been over there. After they saw what had been going on over there with their own two eyes, they had no problem putting their lives on the line, and living in hell to make it better.

I could go on and on but I think muzzleflash covered it all.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Since when does intelligence in choosing a weapon superior to your enemies equated to cowardice?

It never has its just the smart thing to do and its been happening for thousands of years. Im sure the first people to come up against bows and arrows called it cowardice not fighting with swords as they died in a hail of arrows.

And anyone that thinks they fight with AKs and RPGs because they are brave is insane they do it because thats all they got. If they could get their hands on some B-2s and tomahawk missiles you better believe they would be using them.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Back on the subject though. I realy hope we don't go to war with Iran. The thought that they could very well have nukes and they are crazy enough to use them scares me. The goverment has role played going to war with them and the final result was an risk they didnt want to take. THat is why they have gone to great legnths to have talks. Unfortunatly, Iran does not care what everyone else has to say. They are bound and determined to do whatever they want including making and obtaining WMD's. THat is not a risk that the world can take.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Back on the subject though. I realy hope we don't go to war with Iran. The thought that they could very well have nukes and they are crazy enough to use them scares me. The goverment has role played going to war with them and the final result was an risk they didnt want to take. THat is why they have gone to great legnths to have talks. Unfortunatly, Iran does not care what everyone else has to say. They are bound and determined to do whatever they want including making and obtaining WMD's. THat is not a risk that the world can take.

Has anyone thought about the real reason we're in Iraq? Could it be possible that the U.S. was planning on invading Iran the whole time? Think about it. We go into Iraq, take down the regime. Take over the airports and move all our heavy artillary and equipment into place. What better way to position ourselves for the upcoming battle with a neigboring country?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Such statements are made to suppress population uprising in Iran.
Propaganda parrallel to George bush's Nation adress in 2003
saying;
"I urge every member of the Iraqi military and intelligence services, if war comes, do not fight for a dying regime that is not worth your own life."

"War crimes will be prosecuted. War criminals will be punished"

"If Saddam Hussein attempts to cling to power, he will remain a deadly foe until the end."

it happens in every power structure. But none are more deadly than the power structure that controls the American Military Industrial Complex

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join