It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran boasts 10 million martyrs ready to fight US to the death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To Muzzleflash,

This one's for you

You have voted muzzleflash for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
you said negative remarks about nuclear weapons being dropped on Japan, but agian you leave out the FACT that without such occuring at least 2 to 3 million more could have died.

Least I'm not the only one who took notice of that one, those who made the remark haven't answered.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
After all of the recent lessons learned with Ameican operations in Iraq, logic should tell us that America is not about to wager a major campaign. We have troops that have been overseas too long, we have mothers upset here at home, and Iran at present does not present a major threat. Their Nuclear compliance has recently been anounced and lets give diplomacy a chance for once.

The bashing and posturing in this forum over a war that hasent even happened is just how wars get started at a diplomatic level. He said, she said, they did, we do....blah blah blah.

No one should wish death on anther. Think of the long terms impications of one mans death who is married. His children have no father, his wife has no companion, and the chain has a link missing for eternity. This is the tragedy of war. And over what? An ideology. Brotherly acceptance of one another.
Thats where peace starts.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Oh yeah, silly me, I should have takin into account Americas cowardice with air attacks. shock and awe again anyone?

Hello, instar. I see you are still making comments about the good ol' US of A. Sorry, I do not share in your choice of words. I guess you could say hello Ancient Sailor. This is my old call sign the first time around. I took a vacation for awhile and came back. I would say you were smittin with strong allegations toward us for some reason. So what makes your advise a personnal attack on this thread. I do not comment on your government fumble the ball! Why do you think you can to mine? Sure you have a right to speak, but it does not include slander, mocking, or self indulging own ego to judge on the side lines! Sorry, you have the freedom to speak, but who will listen the way you chatter.

10 million martyrs, it sound like strap body bombers to me. So what if they have that many. We would be able to cut them down to size if any aggression towards Iraq or our military. It seams that Iran is drooling in the direction of Iraq since they have a strong following in that country. It is possible that they may have ideas of taking the country in the future. We can not let this happen. Iranian have a habbit of taking people and do cruel things. I say we will see what happens next as they are watching the Air Force fly by.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Even if it is true that Iran has 10,000,000 ready to die for thier country then I say good let them die for "thier" country. The US military has the capability to help them on their way if the PC war fighting idiots in the pentagon will let the US military actually fight.

Now that Colin (the dove) Powel is finally out of the way perhaps the US can get something done.

If Iran wants 10,000,000 martyrs then let the US send them to the 720,000,000 virgins that must be waiting for them..................

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Are you hungry for war Dr?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Are you hungry for war Dr?

Not in the least, but ignoring the threat doesn't make WAR go away either. There is a great advantage to a pre-emptive strike rather than a defensive one.

For too long the "world" has ignored terror, that time has passed.......

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
"American fatalities becomes to high to live with" would take having fatalities as high as ANY other previous war before the whole general public would freak out. And we are doing real fighting, NOT peacekeeping in 2 seperate countries with this low a deathrate...

"That's why the US will only go to war to defend Israel, if required." HA! and HA! again! This really denies that we were EVER in Vietnam. The next time I see a fullblooded Vietnamese JEW....I'll tell them to thank you for your observation. The same thing with Korea. Oh hell, every single war we've been in....don't even point out WWII, we had no clue what was going on in Germany. We were fighting Japan after Pearl Harbour and Hitler the Stupid declared war on us. As for the 6 day war, and what the nation of Israel IS....Britain took Palestine from the Jews and Arabs as early as the crusades, if you want to be technical. Britain gave the land, some huge funding and sent them off to secure what they could. What most people fail to realize, ON TOP OF THAT, most arab nations had RUSSIAN funding that we could trace...and we were in a cold war with them the whole time we backed up Israel. We, for our own sakes could afford to do no less. Not much choice there. Don't tell me we couldnt ignore that area, either, lol...go read up on the history of the Cuban Missile Crisis, INCLUDING what all lead up to it. You don't take care of hings BEFORE they become a mess, well then a mess is what you deserve. *shakes head* As it is, we are about 10 years too late with Iran.

"the winner was a russian aircraft (sukoi su-47?), and second place was the last incarnation of the MiG (29?). " Alot of us forget what happend during the Persian Gulf War. At the time, SoDamned Insane" had what was arguably the 3rd best army in the world and Russian armoury. This was right after the big Russian/American arms race during the Regan administration. We went in there expecting to face superior technology....and then totally creamed them. Russia collapsed not long afterwards. They couldn't keep up. I'm suprised there isn't as conspiracy thread on THAT,
.... In the end a Simulation meanst just that. A simulation.

What scares me is when Iran (or any other country, for that matter) sets off thier nuke missiles 1. if these nuts misswired ANYTHING, other countries better fear which way it goes. 2. We already have contingency plans on how to knock those out the air....and God help those who are in between them and us, yet again. why does everyone forget that we are the only country to successfully use nuclear weapons of any sort? ...except when people want to paint us in the likes of monsters...this is a disturbing trend. Yeah, just keep smacking the bully around and expect him to take it, lol....

"However I wonder how the U.S would react when the Iranian's launch fast air operations against less anti-air protected U.S ground bases in Iraq in retaliation? Would Iran not be well within their rights to defend itself in such a way?" That is their only option, really. But there are other problems with this. They may be putting Arab against Arab if they do that, so they have to be careful.....of course, it won't matter much with all of Iran surrounding Kuait
But seriously, most military would be aware of that happening. Even if Bush is thought to be an idiot, he is still an idiot who knows how to pick smarter people than himself for their jobs....

"I believe we learned from Vietnam, in that we can't simply 'drop' soldiers in to combat zones to take out our enemies. That's suicide. How else are we to fight (and win) a war that's oceans away?" lol...multiple mean points here.
1. Democrats were the leaders of this country during the Vietnam War, not Republicans.
Not too serious on that...but this is the serious reason why my dad would never elect a Democrat into a major office....because they screwed up one war already (his words).
2. We would have won in Vietnam, if our media had not reported a particular skirmish as a severe loss for us when we creamed them, AND had the N. Vietnamese on the way to the negotiation tables....until they heard our media whine. There is much more wrong with the vietnam War than just bad miliary practices. This was a psychological mess. This was in a jungle. If we dropped the whole US army in the Congo, we'd have some similar problems. Another problem is that you don't have people reacting like they did in WWII: "Loose lips sink ships" Now we are at the point where we have to ignore the media. We can't trust them, look what they did last time.
A lot of people remember the stupidity that went on and what it cost us. Just because we believe a war is wrong doesn't mean that we need to harm our troops with our whining.

*sigh* I'm glad to see that Afganistan was now invaded like Iraq was. We didn't go over there to remove the ruler of a country, people. Afghan's ruler's are still in control of their country and are helping the US. Iraq has much more unrest; we took away the control of that country. "And if a country is a threat maybe if might be wise to ask yourself why they are threat instead of bombing the innocent in the name of National Security." We have taken percautions. We didn't turn this into Hiroshima; we easily could have. If the war was on our soil, we'd die too, whether or not we were tree hugging hippies or not. That is the nature of war.

"So, again, I'd like to ask members on this board... How do you propose these prisoners be treated? How do you propose we get information from them?" It's a good thing I'm not there. I'd have the whole group watch one of the beheadings, with our military interspersed. Then I'd tell them that we need a death in retaliation....havign my guys tell someone they are next to "you're next"....then I'd start bringing them out in front of firing squads, setting up for execution.....not saying anything to them, lettign them babble. Or maybe I'd do the hangman thing, but put a noose that's not tied to the wood when I pull the plank out from under them. Someone's bound to crack...espeially if we describe Russian Roulette.

"A pre-emptive attack on the worlds only Super power what a brilliant tactic. I wonder why many countries havent given that a go yet." Because most countries don't wanna face the wrath of Bush...(lol, wrath of Kahn)....and because a Superpower is like a nest of Hornets....more sting per bee/wasp. And most importantly, most countries don't have you in control. *innocent look* I wonder why that is? jp.

"I am really curious to see what China and Russia will do when the war starts." Russia will do nothing. They did nothing during the cold war, nothing during the Gulf War. They will do nothing now. China? China hasn't done jack yet, why start now? They know they are too big for us to do anything BUT nuke. Seriously, the US is too big to do anthing but nuke. Look, 9/11 pissed us off, as a nation. It crippled our emotions, sure, but the nation??? And didn't Russia support us, verbally, through much of this?

"....many here disavow war and yet look forward to a US versus Iran scenerio? How strange..." Not really. No more strange than two peaceful people fighting over the same girl. It's in human nature, no matter how much we detest it, to see who has the bigger Cahonas...always was. Just be glad it's our men who mostly fight. Women are too vindictive, lol... I would use "when" because this posturing between the 2 countries has gone on forever and a day. It isn't a matter of if, but when, and has been so for nearly 20 years. I don't see either the US or Iran changing to stop this.

".....maybe the biggest threat to the world is America? What can we all do about this?" An even more scary thought, maybe the US is the only thing that stands in the way of a global nation? that's scary enough right there?
So what is America going to do about the world???

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
It is far easier for me to blame someone else than to think of giving up my way of life to make it better for others.

But no one is asking from you to give up your way of life. I am just asking for more justice and democracy.

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Items 1-17 are the the single greatest example of "revisionist" history I have ever seen. You have no "clue" as to the truth. If you are an exapmle of how history is taught in the world today, the world is doomed........

DrHoracid, you claim that my claims are wrong. By simply claiming that they are wrong, do not make them wrong. Do you have any proof for otherwise?

Originally posted by Veltro

Originally posted by muzzleflash
you said negative remarks about nuclear weapons being dropped on Japan, but agian you leave out the FACT that without such occuring at least 2 to 3 million more could have died.

Least I'm not the only one who took notice of that one, those who made the remark haven't answered.

Japan was ready to surrender when the two bombs were dropped. They just did not want an unconditional surrender. It was too humiliating for them. Some random links:

www.coursework.info...
free.freespeech.org...
history.sandiego.edu...
www.dannen.com...

The argument that it would have needed 500,000 American lifes to invade Japan was simply wrong. There were many other means to stop the Japanese, including aerial attack only with conventional bombing of military targets, naval embargo etc etc. Japan's economy was destroyed; it's Navy was totally destroyed, after sinking its great battleships (the Yamato, the Mushasi, etc).

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
The level of hatred in here for American policy is beyond comprehension....I would even call it Insane!!

To call IDIOTIC policy what it is, is NOT wrong. It's sane.

Arab's always talk the big talk, but when push comes to a shove, they run and hide. Lets face it, Iran is scared....and they outta be!!!

Ignorant, jingoistic NONSENSE.
I wonder what you would do if an equivalent force descended upon you and yours - having barely nothing to defend yourself with.

Such empty trash talk.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Would Iran not be well within their rights to defend itself in such a way?" That is their only option, really. But there are other problems with this. They may be putting Arab against Arab if they do that, so they have to be careful.....

Iranians are not Arabs. They're Persians. Big difference.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join