It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran boasts 10 million martyrs ready to fight US to the death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES
Bootcamp, I am a disabled veteran. Do you have a problem with it? U2U me. Your experience is not what I call greatness. Must a been the low man on the pole of respect in command. P***Y!

Bootcamp?

I see how you are, someone - a vet no less - disagrees with your views and you attack and malign them.. That's mature and enlightened. Maybe some counseling would do you some good.

I do not like it when someone ask when I deploy, and I have to answer I can not. Do you know what it is like when you can not, disability that keeps you out. I would go!
I will laugh with ya
I feel better now.

Amuk, I posted after you said be nice. Thank you for the reminder

[edit on 29-1-2005 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
unlike the Iraqi troops which mostly all lined up to surrunder

the chances are the iranians will keep fighting after seeing what happens to POWs under the US

Yes, Iranians will be highly motivated. I am really curious to see what China and Russia will do when the war starts.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Apparently, many here disavow war and yet look forward to a US versus Iran scenerio? How strange, huh?

How about instead of using "when," use the proper word: "if"!?
I wonder sometimes about some....*shakes head*

seekerof

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

the chances are the iranians will keep fighting after seeing what happens to POWs under the US

Then there will be no POWs.

I don't think a lot of you Iran supporters understand the military might that is the US. There is only 1 nation in the world that could stand up toe to toe with the US, and that nation is Russia. Even so, Russia would be the big underdog.

Iran would not have a chance against the US. 10 million martyrs equates to 10 million ants on an ant hill to step on. If they choose to stand up to the US military, they will be crushed. It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
America could crush the world i'm sure, maybe the biggest threat to the world is America? What can we all do about this?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i would trust america long before i would trust iran!

its inevitable that strikes are going to happen to shut down irans nuclear program.
iran has made it clear that it wont stop, and that it will defend an attack.
there's no way the 1st world is going to let iran have nukes, that just goes without saying.
i think after the india/pakistan shock, people are going to be hot on others developing nukes.
the situation in n korea is diey, too.
in other news earlier this week, it was reported that the u.s. has scouts on the ground, already verifying targets.
although not a welcome proposition, i dont think we have any choice but to force iran into dropping their program.
of course, this isnt going to be an all-out war. the objective is too remove the threat, which are physical installations. no doubt america will have immediate air supremacy, and will be able to flatten most targets the first day. maybes a few ground units to take out bunkers etc, then get out.
the threat-points will be along the afghan-iran, and iraq-iran borders.
id expect some flare ups there, but nothing outrageous, especially with the intelligence they have, and air supremacy, iran would be hard pushed to have any kind of large scale movement of troops or hardware to the area.
getting rid of their govt is a different kettle of fish tho.
it may be possible to create exclusion zones, like they did in iraq, so those who oppose the regime can have somewhere to organise.
anyone have maps of iranian oil fields and pipelines handy, lol....
im proud we have countries and men who will risk themselves against threats like this.
who is next; n. korea or syria?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Iran would not have a chance against the US. 10 million martyrs equates to 10 million ants on an ant hill to step on. If they choose to stand up to the US military, they will be crushed. It's that simple.

and the Iraqi fighters are only a couple of thousend

being ants compared to the US armed forces can be used in a very good way.

they are small
US armed forces are large numbers

they can conseal them selves easily
US armed forces cant

in other words its better to be small

( only usefull in goreilla warfare )

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Apparently, many here disavow war and yet look forward to a US versus Iran scenerio? How strange, huh?

You are very intuitive, Seekerof.

I've noticed that the anti-Bush camp wants America to lose in their endeavors to bring about democracy to Iraq all the while claiming to be freedom loving Americans and condemning the U.S. presence there.

Then on top of it all, after being against the war in Iraq, they want the U.S. to go to war with Iran so these so-called martyrs can killed even more U.S. soldiers!

Isn't it quite amazing!

I believe that if America should ever fall (God forbid), it will be caused by people that live in the U.S., carry the name "American" all the while despising the virtues on which this nation was founded upon!

These, my friend, are the real enemies of this nation!

[edit on 29/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

American Mad Man!

Where the hell have you been?

Glad to see you back!

BTW! Love your post!
It's quite literally the truth, is it not?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

You would then be the leader of a nice nuclear wasteland.

A pre-emptive attack on the worlds only Super power what a brilliant tactic. I wonder why many countries havent given that a go yet.

nah i said if i was attacked first i would launch everything i had

if i am i going to go down i would make sure that i take some of theirs with me

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
another thing, while someone has mentioned the US's military power....
theres a huge simulator division in england, that simulates combat scenarios etc.
one of the things they did, was put the best fighter craft up against each other. they run these simulations hundreds of times, to determine approx outcomes.
the winner was a russian aircraft (sukoi su-47?), and second place was the last incarnation of the MiG (29?). now, the scores for MiG versus F16, were roughly 1.20 v .80 for f16. so, for every 8 migs lost, there would be 12 f16's downed. the figure was larger for the #1 aircraft ( i think it was something 1.8 - .8). now, into that simulation they added the new f-22. the ratio against the mig became 10 -1 in favour of the f-22!!!
i dont have the link to original report ( it may have been memoryhole?).
heres some other links on the f-22 to enjoy.
www.globalsecurity.org...
www.ausairpower.net...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

One is tackey and the people involved should be punished.

The other is the work of murderess psychopaths.

Can you guess which one is which?

yes the terrorists are barberic ( no one can argue with that )

also tell me this would you surronder to your enemy
if you knew that would prob happen to you ( abuse and so on )

also

I don't have the link to the burg beheading but which would you prefer naked pyramids or having your head sawed off with a knife and having it showed on video so your family can watch it? Which one do you think has the MOST sick sense of humor?

this i dont get

i said

you said

I know I would fight to the death before being placed in a prision where women in thongs gave me lap dances

Heck I am ready to surrender NOW

^you make it into a joke

i post the images to why Iranians wouldnt surrender

so what relivance does it have to the beheadings?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

and the Iraqi fighters are only a couple of thousend

being ants compared to the US armed forces can be used in a very good way.

they are small
US armed forces are large numbers

they can conseal them selves easily
US armed forces cant

in other words its better to be small

( only usefull in goreilla warfare )

Uhhh - in case you didn't notice, the US took Iraq in what - 3 weeks? The government which we were fighting was defeateded. There for the US won.

In Iran, it will be the same thing. Their government will say "everyone fight to the last man" and every army that fights us will be crushed within a month. Then they will go to the terrorist way of fighting like in Iraq.

THAT IS FINE. THAT IS A VICTORY FOR THE UNITED STATES AND A LOSS FOR THOSE IN POWER.

The US objective to rid Iran of nuclear ability is achieved, Irans objective to keep the status quo is failed.

Therefor the US wins.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
mUzzleflash said it better than I ever could, The level of hatred in here for American policy is beyond comprehension....I would even call it Insane!!

Insane? what are you talking about? what really bugs me with Americans is that they can't really see beyond their nose. So let's iterate on what USA has done over the last, let's say, 60 years:

1) dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, for testing. The war was pretty much over, and the Japanese were ready to surrender.

2) forced a total embargo on Cuba, burning all their agricultural fields.

3) destroyed Vietnam, for no apparent reason. Created hatred between north and south Vietnam.

4) created the Iran - Iraq war in the 80s. Helped Saddam with weapons and money.

5) used Bin Laden for fighting off Soviets in Afghanistan.

6) sold drugs to themselves to buy weapons for the Contras in central America.

7) Completely destroyed Yugoslavia, one of the few left independent countries, which produced cars, tanks, airplanes, and lots of other things, including the 2nd biggest soya production in the world right after the USA.

8) was behind numerous dictatorships, including Chile, Greece, and many others.

9) was partially responsible, along with Britain, for the Cyprus tragedy.

10) destroyed Iraq totally.

11) lied about the presence of WMDs in Iraq publically.

12) USA is the only country to have military bases all over the world.

13) USA is one of the few countries that goes against established authorities like the UN.

14) USA is one of the few countries that does not sign the environmental deals, like the Kyoto one.

15) USA is one of the few countries that do not recognize the international court of Justice.

16) the American lifestyle appeals to the lowest of human instincts. Capitalism has invaded through the media in all countries and destroyed their customs and traditions.

17) America has forced the world to live under the balance of terror for more than 30 years; it is called the 'cold war'.

18) America is the country that alters history in order to serve its interests. For example, they have accepted the name 'Macedonia' for Scopjia, offering them on the plate the Greek history as if it was theirs, for exchange of support for the 'war in Iraq'. Since I am Greek, I know my history very well, and I have listened to many stupid excuses from Americans for this act, all going against history.

Of course there are good things about America; USA has gathered the best minds from all over the world, giving a huge boost to human technology, sciences and knowledge. But the good things of America do not cancel its wrong doings. And there are many more.

For all these reasons, there is anti-americanism all around the world. You know, by claiming that the rest of the world is insane, you really insult the rest of the world! what are they, stupid? that's 6 billion people out there!

I don't want to sound hostile, and I don't feel hostile at all. In fact, I wish all the best for Americans, as I do for all the people worldwide. But the fact that you don't recognize your wrong doings and keep calling the others idiots is truly annoying.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The majority of what you say is true but being a American myself I will tell you most do not see themselves in that light. It is far easier for me to blame someone else than to think of giving up my way of life to make it better for others. The only way some countries will ever get better is the same way we did by starting a civil war to take control of their countries. Mexico would be a good example and yes the US and other countries need to stay out of it,but then that wont happen due to money.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Items 1-17 are the the single greatest example of "revisionist" history I have ever seen. You have no "clue" as to the truth. If you are an exapmle of how history is taught in the world today, the world is doomed........

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Master P: Sir, about the validity of your point #1

Originally posted by masterp
1) dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, for testing. The war was pretty much over, and the Japanese were ready to surrender.

(Regarding the Potsdam Proclamation)

On July 28th, Japan rejected the proclamation with a verb that could be translated as 'treat with silent contempt' or 'ignore entirely'. The government, Prime Minister Suzuki asserted, would 'resolutely fight for the successful conclusion of this war.

Perhaps Operation Olympic, the projected invasion of Japan would have been a wiser choice in your mind?

With this sizable ground force supported by the special attack forces, it is easy to reach a total casualty figure of close to 500,000 Americans. This is the same number used by Truman in later accounts in his diary to justify the use of the atomic bomb. In addition to U.S. casualties, the Japanese on Kyushu would likely have suffered upwards of 2,000,000 military and civilian casualties.
www.fas.org...

Another thing to note these casualties would have also included huge numbers of British, Commonwealth and other troops who would have been relocated from the European theater and other sectors of the Pacific.

How exactly would the fact that Japan's civilian population were being trained to repel invaders with farming implements and swords and hundreds of kamikaze planes, speedboats, and even human explosive packs being constructed in the summer of 1945 signify to you that the "war was pretty much over"?

In keeping with the spirit of this topic, this also applies to present day Iran. No doubt the civilian population is being prepared in a similar fashion, To use any means necessary to repel the invaders. Though whether or not they would fight with as much ferocity and determination as the Japanese is anyones guess.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Items 1-17 are the the single greatest example of "revisionist" history I have ever seen. You have no "clue" as to the truth. If you are an exapmle of how history is taught in the world today, the world is doomed........

I agree the world is doomed DrHoracid, but please correct me if I'm wrong, but the events listed were correct, they were the truth, they happened. Fact. However I also agree they are not the whole truth, would you care to enlighten us?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
I agree the world is doomed DrHoracid, but please correct me if I'm wrong, but the events listed were correct, they were the truth, they happened. Fact. However I also agree they are not the whole truth, would you care to enlighten us?

Can you back up your claim that point #1. is "fact"? You did say all the events listed were indeed "fact".

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
all i see is bias , yet agian

i am a texan and i am not pro-america or anti-america in this particular situation

i am just waiting for the aliens to come down and make all of you look like idiots

anyways
anyone who takes sides in the controversy goes insane frothing foam at the mouth

to the anti-americans
you dont know what your talking about
im a history major i can tell BIAS one-sided reporting when i see it

americas done alot of good things too in the past 60yrs
but did you mention how we gave literally TRILLIONS OF $$$ to all the nations of earth??? nope , hell we even gave Greece Billions of dollars

you said we blew yugoslavia to dust , which is true, because Yugoslavia WAS SYSTEMATICALLY MURDERING MUSLIMS IN A UNIFIED ACT OF GENOCIDE

maybe you love watching people be murdered in the thousands, but here in america we are quite offended by such acts, and usually we jump into the conflict and show both sides who the real big dog is....

you said negative remarks about nuclear weapons being dropped on Japan, but agian you leave out the FACT that without such occuring at least 2 to 3 million more could have died
do you like watching millions more die?

you mentioned we dont listen to the UN, well we INVENTED IT and WE PAY THE BILLS; SO WE MAKE THE RULES
WHEN YOU PAY THE BILLS YOU CAN MAKE THE RULES OK? FAIR?

you said "america doesnt recognize international justice" agian you leave out half the story
they are also anti-american , and want to scold us despite the fact we INVENTED THEM
why do you think we ignore them? what ? you actually expect us to convict ourselves and punish ourselves? if that was the case, why doesnt this so called International Justice body go and try to convinct the leaders of SUDAN where literally dozens of thousands are being murdered
why dont you go convict the leaders of Iran for torturing their civilians?
why dont you go convict N Korea for being the most oppressive govt on earth? murdering or imprisoning ANYone who disagrees with the govt there?

i could go on and on and on about the hypocracys of the anti-american boat

i need not mention whats wrong with the pro-american guys, because the anti-american guys have already pointed that out 5 trillion frickin times

in the end tho; in my eyes
it all looks really stupid

Black or White ? NEITHER! Reality is Grey!!!!!!!!

i made this mistake of thinking i lived in the "modern world"
well my Mistake
im obviously in the primitive iron ages or something still
we r all cavemen with guns obviously LOL
that means all human kind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join