It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Trump tweet, ethics office to U.S. employees: do not endorse products

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Right he's in public office and his words can effect people's livelihoods. There have always been rules governing this kind of thing but trump doesn't know words like ethics. He knows terrible, and horrible and crooked and failing and weak but he doesn't know the word ethics or too many positive phrases for that matter.
Presidents don't endorse or oppose products. They are obligated by law to protect the nation and causing stock failures doesn't fall under that.
He's just not supposed to.

Which rules?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I'm sure you've said something there....

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Don't kick grannies.
I guess ethics is out of your vocabulary too?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Don't kick grannies.
I guess ethics is out of your vocabulary too?

Has he kicked granny's? Not sure how that relates to the thread ???
Is this the rule you think governs whether he can talk about a product or company? Or, are there other rules?
Explain the rules you think exist...
edit on 14/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I can actually answer that. [ whoda thunk ]
Obama wears hand made suits, made by his own tailor. That is much more prestigious than wearing some mass produced suit by a big name designer.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wonder how many of the ethics guidelines for federal employees is Trump going to break?

energy.gov...

I was curious who signed the executive order that includes these ethics guidelines. Well, lookie here:

en.wikisource.org...

Bush Sr. - NOT a liberal. What do ya know.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Wonder how many of the ethics guidelines for federal employees is Trump going to break?

energy.gov...

I was curious who signed the executive order that includes these ethics guidelines. Well, lookie here:

en.wikisource.org...

Bush Sr. - NOT a liberal. What do ya know.

He can change them any time he likes and he is also not subject to the conflict of interest laws that provide legal means to prosecute violations of some of the rules.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I suppose you're right. Kim Jong-Un-Trump could change the ethics guidelines to allow him to promote his own products, and use his public office for private gain. I suspect he planned to do that all along.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Words is legal. He can verbally endorse his own products because that does not force people to buy his products. It is a suggestion, not an act that forces people to do something.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Words is legal. He can verbally endorse his own products because that does not force people to buy his products. It is a suggestion, not an act that forces people to do something.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I suppose you're right. Kim Jong-Un-Trump could change the ethics guidelines to allow him to promote his own products, and use his public office for private gain. I suspect he planned to do that all along.

Whoa...you really are crazed, aren't you!!!

Holy cow!

Triggered much?????

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Whoa...you really are crazed, aren't you!!!

Holy cow!

Triggered much?????

Apparently not as triggered as someone who had to type their words in extra large type for one of their posts on this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
There is an ethics committee? lol!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

Good one!!! HAAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

Indeed, however they are usually only triggered to act or respond to ethical issues when it involves conservatives. Liberal progressives are often inherently immune to such actions.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

False equivalency and speculation does not strengthen your argument.
Fact is that the President is not bound by conflict of interest laws and if he wants to change the ethics rules of his dept, then he can do.
So you are left really with how YOU think he should behave, which is one of many voices. I can't imagine his supporters caring that much that he helps out a company being targeting and attacked by left wing activist groups.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position, including endorsements."

Ya think the President of the US is an Executive Branch Employee ? Always read in-depth before you post.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
There is an ethics committee? lol!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

Good one!!! HAAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

Indeed, however they are usually only triggered to act or respond to ethical issues when it involves conservatives. Liberal progressives are often inherently immune to such actions.

Yes, strangely silent when Obama lies to the country about air dropping cash to Iran, but apoplectic about Trump talking about LL Bean

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position, including endorsements."

Ya think the President of the US is an Executive Branch Employee ? Always read in-depth before you post.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well, the president IS part of the executive branch. You think the boss shouldn't have to abide by the same ethics guidelines as his employees? How Kim Jong-Un of you.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Both the POTUS and the VPOTUS span the executive branch and the legislative branch. The VPOTUS is the head of the senate and has 1 vote to break a tie. The POTUS signs bills into laws and can reject a bill.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Both the POTUS and the VPOTUS span the executive branch and the legislative branch. The VPOTUS is the head of the senate and has 1 vote to break a tie. The POTUS signs bills into laws and can reject a bill.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join