It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Trump tweet, ethics office to U.S. employees: do not endorse products

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What's even funnier still is the fact that LL Bean's stock will probably go up 25 points, and people will buy LL Bean products more than ever...despite all the whining, screaming, hand-wringing and teeth gnashing of the lefties!!!

LOL!!!

ETA...Heck, when I first hear this story my very first thought was...hey, LL Bean makes some pretty nice shirts and I could use a couple new shirts!

edit on 1/14/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Are ppl even allowed to own hunting gear up in Maine anymore?

I thought Trump was half-joking based on the way Maine voted. Remember the slogan when we were younger, "As Maine goes, so goes the nation!!"?? What a crock.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

When have we ever had such a person in office? He lies as casually as others smile.

link   
What next? Donald Trump is not allowed to say Tiffany Trump is hot because that is a favoritism? BS.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Is rights? Fix your sentence so I know what you're asking.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeremySun
What next? Donald Trump is not allowed to say Tiffany Trump is hot because that is a favoritism? BS.

It does seem as though a lot of people on the left are coming forward to tell Trump how he should behave, not realising that nobody else really cares what they think.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
He lies as casually as others smile.

At least we won't have to look at this fake smile for another four years.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JeremySun

Eww. I would have hated it if my father ever referred to me as hot.
He said I was pretty he said I was smart, he said he was proud of me but he never said I was hot. That's disgusting. My Dad didn't see his daughters as sex objects though. He was a decent man.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

He lies as casually as others smile.

At least we won't have to look at this fake smile for another four years.

Ah yes, just look that ethical high ground America gave up when they booted HIllary into touch. Such a shame.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Very mature. Do you have anything to add to the discussion or is this thread just going to be a defensive for trump lovers?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I agree, I felt that he was out of line telling people to buy LlBeane.

However I also felt Obama actively campaigning against Trump was out of line.

A line has been crossed over the last few years...Ifeel tge office of President requires it stand above these type of machinations in order to foster unity and unbiased leadership at all times.

Both Trump and Obama could take a cue from Bush jr. I was no fan, but his respect for the office by not interfering has been praisworthy.

Trumps tweet was potentially damaging to their biz as well...poor form.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Very mature. Do you have anything to add to the discussion or is this thread just going to be a defensive for trump lovers?

I think you were explaining how Trump had no right to tweet about a company... do go on , it's fascinating...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

But everybody cares how he acts.

link   

Actually, I think what Trump said was GOOD for America. He's showing he can still support a liberal state, with a liberal populace ... that voted 'against' him.

Because America.

The way the other team leans is sorta like, "If you're not with us you're against us." Talk about unnecessarily divisive. Some people just need to get over Trump and act like grown-ups.

link   

/shudder
Thank God
Oh lord I am so thankful we dont have to listen to her scream and put on airs...

link   
Never heard of L.L. Bean but now thanks to the Donald I now have a hankering for something else I don't need.
Oh the power of advertising , damn you Profusion and the Donald !
**shakes fist**

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

There are worse states to live in from a hunting and gun ownership standpoint. Surprisingly, despite their left leanings, Maine actually ranks better than midland in a ranking of states in this way.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Actually, I think what Trump said was GOOD for America. He's showing he can still support a liberal state, with a liberal populace ... that voted 'against' him.

Because America.

The way the other team leans is sorta like, "If you're not with us you're against us." Talk about unnecessarily divisive. Some people just need to get over Trump and act like grown-ups.

Excellent point!

Which bears repeating!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Right he's in public office and his words can effect people's livelihoods. There have always been rules governing this kind of thing but trump doesn't know words like ethics. He knows terrible, and horrible and crooked and failing and weak but he doesn't know the word ethics or too many positive phrases for that matter.
Presidents don't endorse or oppose products. They are obligated by law to protect the nation and causing stock failures doesn't fall under that.
He's just not supposed to.
edit on 1142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

But everybody cares how he acts.

Sure, but nobody cares about the views of a dying liberal progressive ideology except themselves. It's therefore unlikely he is going to get swayed by the left's virtue signalling.
edit on 14/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join