It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Trump tweet, ethics office to U.S. employees: do not endorse products

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Trump did words. Obama did action. Action speaks louder than words.

There's a world of difference between saying kill someone and actually killing someone.

The president is also a person. There is nothing wrong with the president verbally endorsing a product. He or she cannot make people buy that product.

Sheesh, ethics office. Sheesh.
edit on 14-1-2017 by JeremySun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeremySun
Trump did words. Obama did action. Action speaks louder than words.

There's a world of difference between saying kill someone and actually killing someone.

The president is also a person. There is nothing wrong with the president verbally endorsing a product. He or she cannot make people buy that product.

Sheesh, ethics office. Sheesh.

It's funny that all of a sudden NOW some Democrat politicians are shouting about ethics.

edit on 14/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Once again, the absolute hypocrisy of the left is stunning!!

Just STUNNING!!!

If Obama had said the same thing (and had similar campaign donations from LL Bean), and Trump criticized him for it, the left would all scream bloody murder and all go out BUY LL Bean apparel!!

Just STUNNING!!
edit on 1/14/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JeremySun

Not true. Obama's action was an attempt to keep the U.S. economy from completely collapsing - NOT to endorse any specific product.

It is not ethical for anyone in an official government capacity to publicly endorse any specific product - that is not what they are there to do. They are there for public service to the people.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Once again, the absolute hypocrisy of the left is stunning!!

No doubt.

The subject fits the forum.

And looky
25% off if you support Trump.

Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

ETA: Awww ... Damn ... the discount doesn't apply to Bean Boots ... and I was about to order a pair.

edit on 1412017 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

He can endorse what he wants and the government doesn't have ethics. Kind of hard to have ethics when you lie for a living.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Wrong poster. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I had to laugh yesterday...

I was listening to Rush for a few minutes (about all I can take, but that's another story) on the radio. He was going on about this whole LL Bean thing. At one point he asks if the listeners know who LL Bean is, and then goes on to explain they sell all manner of hunting and fishing gear.

I had to laugh at the irony of that statement. I've long been critical of LL Bean for caving in to the left and actually getting OUT of the hunting and fishing gear market. You can barely find a single piece of "hunting" gear in their entire product line anymore! They USED to be in this market, but they've long since sold out and pandered to the mamby-pamby lefties. Now they're all butt-hurt because the place they buy their cardigan sweaters and Birkenstock shoes is being defended by Trump!

What a gas!!

edit on 1/14/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

He can endorse what he wants and the government doesn't have ethics. Kind of hard to have ethics when you lie for a living.

You mean Trump? Yes, he definitely does lie for a living, so I guess he's perfect for the job.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How about the dress makers for Michelle?

Or who makes Obama's suits? Ties? Watches?

Isn't that endorsing?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No he should remain out of it. Boycotts are a form of free protest. We are guaranteed that right by the constitution.
He needs to mind his own business and stay neutral. But like I said...He doesn't even know what he doesn't know and he doesn't know much.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You mean Trump? Yes, he definitely does lie for a living, so I guess he's perfect for the job.

I can say with great confidence that liberal democrats will be last people Trump will listen to regarding ethics. Hardly a great track record for democrats to justify taking the ethics stand now.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No I mean all of them. You can add to the list as you see fit.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

No, that is not endorsing. That's called "wearing clothes".

If Trump wants to buy and wear clothes from LL Bean, no problem. It's when he tells everyone else they should buy from LL Bean that the problem comes.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No he should remain out of it. Boycotts are a form of free protest. We are guaranteed that right by the constitution.
He needs to mind his own business and stay neutral. But like I said...He doesn't even know what he doesn't know and he doesn't know much.

What about his rights, guaranteed by the constitution?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Trump won't listen to anyone when it comes to ethics, because Trump has no ethics.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Michelle shopped off the rack.
Obama too.
What suits does he wear?
Can you say without googling it? I can't which tells me he doesn't endorse the designer.
What would you have him do ? Go naked because then he's not endorsing clothing manufacturers?
Or maybe have his mother in law make them for him.

Trump has directly affected the market with his tweets. It's not the same as Obama wearing clothes.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Words may influence people's decisions, but he cannot physically make people buy that product. Any person has the right to endorse a product. The POTUS is no exception. This is a non issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just ordered me a pr of boots from l.l.bean.
I officially endorce ll bean products!! (not a gubment employee tho)

Folks if they are publicly traded company i would definitely be buying some of that stock.

Me thinks ethics department will be pretty busy for the next 8 yrs. Where theres smoke theres fire and i smelt alot for the last 8 yrs.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Trump won't listen to anyone when it comes to ethics, because Trump has no ethics.

Interesting insight

I'll be happy if he takes no advice from liberal democrats on the subject. That would at least put him on the right track.

...ah just found out I can get LL Bean products in the UK. Excellent... will be adding to my summer hiking gear. Thanks for the tip President Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join