It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm looking for a book

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm looking for a book I owned a years ago. (From I'd say 2000-2006, but I have no idea.) I had the book for as far back as at least 1999. (Not sure where it came from but I do remember having it for as long as I was in my childhood home (which I had moved into in 1999) during this period of my life, I was a voracious reader. I had two massive bookshelfs of books from a variety of sources. Among these books was a large black book that was essentially an Alien Encyclopedia, albeit a rather elementary compared to some I suppose. I don't Remember a single detail about the cover of the book but I remember on the back was what I can only describe as a holographic trinity. The one proverbial "smoking gun" that I can remember in order to identify it was a page that.listed several Alien encounters. It had depiction of the aliens along the page too I remember it had a artists rendition of the Flatwoods Monster, a little black gremlin looking Thing with red eyes. And an alien that was a tentacled thing on a barstool like leg. (I know these are all examples of world-famous cases, I just can't remember the names of them other than Flatwoods)

Anybody no what I'm talking about?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

No clue.. but like to help.. found this which was published in 2002:

www.amazon.com...

(fingers crossed)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I do not but am following this out of curiosity; I want to read it for myself.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Funny thing, I remember the same book that you describe. From around the same time, more like 1996 though.

the strange pert for me is that my mother has told me repeatedly that we had no such book when I was a kid. I however wasn't much of a reader as a young one and wouldn't have read it anywhere that I was apart from her.

The book your talking about had good illustrations along with descriptions and seemed to be factually written, correct?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its based on leaked kgb studies of extraterrestrial lifeforms...
It has not been been an english translated copy for that long I don't think...
But there were specially made English versions gifted to some that were both stolen and regifted...
The secret book of alien races...

edit on 12-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A Timothy Good book?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is kind of blowing my mind. For all these years I thought I was a delusional child, you know how they were with Ritalin back then.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Trying to help out. Could you describe the holographic trinity?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sure it wasn't one of Whitley Strieber's books ? I seem to remember one of his later re-issued books having a cover or maybe a back with a raised 3D hologram pic

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams
I'm looking for a book I owned a years ago. (From I'd say 2000-2006, but I have no idea.) It had depiction of the aliens along the page too I remember it had a artists rendition of the Flatwoods Monster, a little black gremlin looking Thing with red eyes. And an alien that was a tentacled thing on a barstool like leg. (I know these are all examples of world-famous cases, I just can't remember the names of them other than Flatwoods)

Anybody no what I'm talking about?

Seriously it sounds more like a comic book than an actual book...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

No buddy. It is a kids book (10-14ish) that has a good amount of information (true or false) about the different species of alien that have been recorded throughout human history.

It's sort of reminiscent of the books "Trolls" or "Gnomes" with the beautiful illustrations and light hearted descriptions. If you know what those are.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I've got a book here called The Field Guide to Extraterrestrials, but that's a small-ish book.

HOWEVER, When I googled it, I found another book along the same vein called Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials.

I hope that might help you along your way!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Maybe one of Maximillien De Lafayette's books.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Is it this one by David Chase?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf633001a9d8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
exopolitics.blogs.com...
That seems to fit the description, except the hologram isn't very holographic on the pdf version.

I like the part on page 47 about aliens delivering documents and video to the UN secretary general about several planets within Earth's solar system with earth-like temperatures and oceans.

I hope nobody actually believes this stuff? But then again 1 in 4 adults still thinks the sun revolves around the Earth so you never know how misinformed people can be.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

From the late 80s-early 90s, Time-Life published a series of books called Mysteries Of The Unknown. The first of the 33 set was Alien Encounters. It was a large black book, maybe 9x12ish, but not super thick.
Check here

IN 1985 Reader's Digest published Mysteries of The Unexplained. Not entirely about ETs, but covering several topics. The book itself was blue, large and thick. But the dustjacket is black as seen here.

Good luck with your search!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
welcome humanoidlord!
which coicidentaly is an expert at the subject you are interested by your description your book is probaly one of those:
alien portraits by jenny randles that book wich i cant remenber the name by Patrick Huyghe and the encyclopedia of alien encounters by alan baker(wich im also looking to find what are the odds?)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Havoc40k

The Field Guide to Extraterrestrials oh yeah thats the name of the book by patrick huyghe

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join