It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm looking for a book

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: StookieWilliams

No clue.. but like to help.. found this which was published in 2002:

www.amazon.com...

(fingers crossed)

I don't think so. It was a large, black hardcover book. (That being said, I suppose it's not impossible I just lost the book Jacket, if it even had one) I really can't remember a single thing about the cover. But I don't remember it having anything standout.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal

Funny thing, I remember the same book that you describe. From around the same time, more like 1996 though.

the strange pert for me is that my mother has told me repeatedly that we had no such book when I was a kid. I however wasn't much of a reader as a young one and wouldn't have read it anywhere that I was apart from her.

The book your talking about had good illustrations along with descriptions and seemed to be factually written, correct?

1.) The 1996 claim lines up. I know I had mine in the wry beginning of the 2000's and. Almost none were new so that's highly probable

2.) That is true for me too! My mother,father, brother, cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles all have absolutely no recollection of the book. Which is strange because it was one of my favorites yet no one can say they bought it or even heard about it.

3.) Yes. They were professionally done. These weren't action movie illustrations re artist was trying to depict what a witness saw.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Its based on leaked kgb studies of extraterrestrial lifeforms...
It has not been been an english translated copy for that long I don't think...
But there were specially made English versions gifted to some that were both stolen and regifted...
The secret book of alien races...

Ok idk who's ass you pulled that out of but I really don't think so.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Basically take a Trinity from Celtic folklore Trinity

(The one on the book didn't come to a point on the ends though)

and by holographic, i mean not a design effect like on CD's or something like it looked like a hologram that would be in a movie

H ologram example

just like the globe in this picture but green

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

no. this wasn't Strieber. I'm familiar with his work (never read his books, want to) but this wasn't him. It was more so a reference book. the hologram wasn' raised either. I elaborated a little more on that in a reply to another user.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Not a comic book by any means. I'd describe it as a reference book for beginners in Ufology.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal
a reply to: MarsIsRed

No buddy. It is a kids book (10-14ish) that has a good amount of information (true or false) about the different species of alien that have been recorded throughout human history.

It's sort of reminiscent of the books "Trolls" or "Gnomes" with the beautiful illustrations and light hearted descriptions. If you know what those are.

I don't know if I'd call it "lighthearted" or "Beautiful" Bare bones? Yes. Accurate? Yes. But not lighthearted or beautiful.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I don't know what hobbies you have... But i don't share your interest in pulling things out of anyone's ass...
Im assuming you were attempting to be clever and trying to say my claim was that which is derived should one choose to partake in your pastime...
But I was being serious...
You can download it in pdf form in seconds...
Just do a search kgb alien races book...
Then choose alien races book with suddenlink below the title...
edit on 13-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Havoc40k

I don't think that's it. for all I know dude, the cover could have been solid black. Also, i don't think there was an authoer listed with it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

it's Not Barlowe's. It had no author associated with it from my knowledge. and the format's all wrong the book i'm looking for Also cataloged UFO sightings too. This is too literal of an "Alien Encyclopedia"

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Not this. i read this a year ago or so. their aren't any existing Published copies of this anyway right? (if so, I want one!)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

at a quick glance none of these seem right.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yeah thats the one you are describing...
big black book with a holographic symbol for the council of 5 on the back...
Not a symbol for the trinity...
The same book I was referring to...

edit on 13-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

This is my Prime Suspect. I'd need to see the inside pages to confirm it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I dont think that's it either. but the book by baker is on Amazon for ya

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I'm sorry. I misread what you were trying to say. but no it's not the Russian aliens PDF. was that every formally published? I'd also question the true validity of that book as i'm pretty sure i saw it using graphics from Mass Effect. but like i said to another poster, this takes the "Alien Encyclopedia" Thing too literally. It also included famous UFO Sightings and i think it discussed the Trent Photos too.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I dont know if its ever been published for the public...
But like I said in my original post copies of the original were made... There are 2 versions the actual one that is based entirely on kgb information gleaned from case studies... Its not just alien races and types inside but information about cases crafts etc...
Then there is the other the one with bits and pieces of the real deal filled with alot of other useless hooey...
That is the one that you can find in pdf form...
However physical copies of both do exist and they are bound the same way... And fit your discription of the cover and the holographic image on the back...
Otherwise I wouldnt have wasted my time...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Huh. Maybe. I suppose I'd have to see a picture. The back of the book or the page with the pictures of The Flatwoods Monster and The Antonio La Rubia Aliens on it would be the nail in the coffin for me

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

uh ok then those books are the only that i remenber having portraits of alien beings
also the tentacle with a barstool one is probaly this one:www.abovetopsecret.com...
the gremlin one however is total mistery to me could be the infamous kelly-hopskinville humanoid encounter but the description doesnt really match

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I can't remember the Gremlin one. maybe it was Hopkinsville. i think the story was they were hiding in some elderly couples attic. but I don't know.

The Unipodal Tentacle one was the Antonio La Rubia case.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join