It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer: I Told CNN’s Jim Acosta If He Behaves Like That Again I’ll Have Him Removed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Donald Trump White House Press Spokesman Sean Spicer went on with Lou Dobbs tonight after the president-elect’s turbulent press conference today at Trump Tower.

During the televised press gathering Acosta screamed at Trump and demanded that the president-elect take his question.
Trump told him he was “Fake News.”

This was after CNN ran with a bizarre media smear that Trump was with hookers in Moscow.
Trump owes CNN NOTHING.

Spicer told Lou he warned Acosta he will not be allowed to behave like that in any future press gathering.

Sean Spicer: I Told CNN’s Jim Acosta If He Behaves Like That Again I’ll Have Him Removed

Actually I think Mr. Spicer was to nice and he should have pulled CNN'S white house press status. If this is what we can expect from CNN and other far left news agencies then these next four years are going to be exciting.

I loved how Mr. TRUMP handled the attack and hopefully he has set the bar and shown the news agencies that want to attend his news conferences in the future they better start biting their tongues and be more respectful.

Some might think Trump was too hard on Mr. Acosta, not me.... I would have had him removed due to disrespect and being unruly.

Do you think Trump was too hard?
edit on 12-1-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How many threads do we need on this topic?

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

As many as it takes to remedy the left.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Trump acted like a child cause he has beef with CNN.

He should have directed his ire towards Buzzfeed, which are the ones who leaked the report with those nasty details that nobody believes.

CNN didn't report on them, they actually had a disclaimer stating they would NOT because they were unverified claims. The fact that they then updated the story to include the fact that buzzfeed had released it, is just news reporting, and in no way a violation of ethics or anything of that nature.

I don't like CNN and they are mostly a bunch of fools and idiots for what has transpired in the last 18 months, but there was no reason for Acosta to be treated that way for what Buzzfeed did.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But HOW Mr. Acosta approached the issue was totally wrong by being rude, don't you agree?

Was Acosta true about how passionate he was or was this all show..... which is how that looked to me.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Trump acted like a child cause he has beef with CNN.

He should have directed his ire towards Buzzfeed, which are the ones who leaked the report with those nasty details that nobody believes.

CNN didn't report on them, they actually had a disclaimer stating they would NOT because they were unverified claims. The fact that they then updated the story to include the fact that buzzfeed had released it, is just news reporting, and in no way a violation of ethics or anything of that nature.

I don't like CNN and they are mostly a bunch of fools and idiots for what has transpired in the last 18 months, but there was no reason for Acosta to be treated that way for what Buzzfeed did.

~Tenth

Oh come on. If BuzzFeed hadn't published the source documents for us all to LOL at, CNN would still be pushing this story as credible. And you know it too. Everyone knows it. CNN is just trying to save face. They're desperate.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Oh come on. If BuzzFeed hadn't published the source documents for us all to LOL at, CNN would still be pushing this story as credible. And you know it too. Everyone knows it. CNN is just trying to save face. They're desperate.

The original story contained nothing about the salacious allegations from buzzfeed. The original CNN Report was about how he had been briefed about Russia potentially having political, person and financial information that can be used to black mail him.

That was a credible, legitimate story.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I dunno, first news conference in over 6 months from Trump, there was a lot of ground to cover. I can't imagine a reporter being stupid enough to act that way on purpose, or willingly, knowing that Spicer and Trump would be all too happy to pull a press pass from them, the first chance they got.

~Tenth

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I think it's enough to put Acosta on notice that his behavior is out of bounds.

If BuzzFeed had press credentials, I'd yank them. And if CNN continues to publish the equivalent of gossip rag material and promote it as hard news, then I'd consider yanking theirs too.

But for now, it's enough to threaten to bar Acosta if he continues acting like a child, and to let CNN stew in its own juices until it returns to at least pretending to be a hard news outlet.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wait did I miss something? Perhaps I watched an edited video, what exactly did Acosta do/say that's considered rude?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

OK..... but that still does not give any reporter the right to attempt to bully TRUMP by being rude and disrespectful. I hope others try this same move after TRUMP is sworn in.... lets see what happens then...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Not exactly. The original briefing had some of that material in it, but it wasn't about damaging material in the sense that it was fact, it included that stuff as examples of the rumor mill -- a contrast between real news and fake news as it were. The dossier in question was an example of fake news.

But when it got published, it was presented as if it was real because it was in a briefing.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think it's enough to put Acosta on notice that his behavior is out of bounds.

If BuzzFeed had press credentials, I'd yank them. And if CNN continues to publish the equivalent of gossip rag material and promote it as hard news, then I'd consider yanking theirs too.

But for now, it's enough to threaten to bar Acosta if he continues acting like a child, and to let CNN stew in its own juices until it returns to at least pretending to be a hard news outlet.

this is confirmation bias in a nutshell...

What did Acosta do besides try and ask a question at a press conference? what was out of bounds? Interrupting the president and trying to ask a question? Jesus criminy, I suppose every reporter ever has been out of bounds since the inception of the free press.

link   

Wait did I miss something? Perhaps I watched an edited video, what exactly did Acosta do/say that's considered rude?

~Tenth

Did you miss the applause from the rest of the press pool when Trump finally got him to shut up and stop demanding an answer?

Most of those reporters are not Trump's friends. That they clapped when he finally got shut down should tell you that even they were tired of his behavior in demanding an answer when Trump had clearly moved on to another reporter and was trying to let her ask her question.

link   

Not exactly. The original briefing had some of that material in it, but it wasn't about damaging material in the sense that it was fact, it included that stuff as examples of the rumor mill -- a contrast between real news and fake news as it were. The dossier in question was an example of fake news.

But when it got published, it was presented as if it was real because it was in a briefing.

and that is 1000% buzzfeed and NOT CNN.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

They try to get the president's attention, yes, but when another reporter has been called on and begins to ask their question, how many of them continue to try to override that choice and that reporter and continue to yell and loudly insist they be given the floor the way Acosta did?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right but CNN had nothing to do with that, they just updated their story to say, ' HEY BUZZFEED DID A THING".

It was all stated as unverified at the time of posting. The problem is that some in the Trump camp it seems want to ignore the financial and political parts of what Russia could have and focus only on the 'showers' thing as a means to discredit the entire story.

So yes, 4chan could have trolled them into having that little piece put into the report, but it can't all be nonsense from start to finish if a large group of top intel officials thought it was worth presenting to him.

~Tenth

link   

~Tenth

Did you miss the applause from the rest of the press pool when Trump finally got him to shut up and stop demanding an answer?

Most of those reporters are not Trump's friends. That they clapped when he finally got shut down should tell you that even they were tired of his behavior in demanding an answer when Trump had clearly moved on to another reporter and was trying to let her ask her question.

Wow are you poorly mis-informed. Trump had his same cohorts in the area clapping. As usual.

when Bernie Goldberg rushes to the defense of CNN and Acosta on Fox, then maybe you should take a second and take a breath.

link   

a reply to: RedDragon

The original story contained nothing about the salacious allegations from buzzfeed. The original CNN Report was about how he had been briefed about Russia potentially having political, person and financial information that can be used to black mail him.

That was a credible, legitimate story.

~Tenth

Wrong. It was in the brief as examples of disinformation to demonstrate the difference between good intel and bad, made-up intel. And it wasn't ever presented to him.

The question is: Did CNN know that? Their credibility is so shot that who knows. Due to past behavior, they're not getting the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 1/12/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join