It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer: I Told CNN’s Jim Acosta If He Behaves Like That Again I’ll Have Him Removed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by Zimnydran removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bknapple32

Nah, Obama just tried to bar them from the press corps entirely.

would love a link to what youre describing here

www.cbsnews.com...

Trump only learned from the best, but in this case, he hasn't barred CNN. He has only signaled that he didn't like their jump on BuzzFeed's gossip. He felt no inclination to take Acosta's question on it which is surely what it would have been.

Not quite barring them from the press corps, but he was cutting them off.
edit on 12-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

"people like you..."

"intentionally blind"

I think people dont get along naturally when someone comes at them trying to sling sht.

So Ill address this AGAIN. Its a presser. Reporters shout over themselves multiple times. Acosta knew he was being ignored, as was his network, and he had a job to fix that. Its that simple. If youre a reporter for CNN and you let Trump ignore you the entire presser, CNN is probably going to remove you themselves

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I never thought the day would come when I would see media apologists on this site, especially for a fake news outlet like CNN...

edit on 12-1-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I do remember that, was the 1st year of him being POTUS. Fox were being Tea Party harsh with him then, I can see why things got tense, but yeah, went a step too far for sure.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I think they should have set an example and revoked CNN's White House privileges and let all the rest of the "Fake News" organizations (formerly known as MSM) know that their bull# wasn't going to be tolerated anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Trump acted like a child cause he has beef with CNN.

He should have directed his ire towards Buzzfeed, which are the ones who leaked the report with those nasty details that nobody believes.

CNN didn't report on them, they actually had a disclaimer stating they would NOT because they were unverified claims. The fact that they then updated the story to include the fact that buzzfeed had released it, is just news reporting, and in no way a violation of ethics or anything of that nature.

I don't like CNN and they are mostly a bunch of fools and idiots for what has transpired in the last 18 months, but there was no reason for Acosta to be treated that way for what Buzzfeed did.

~Tenth

so it's cool to try to talk over the president elect because your question supersedes decorum? Trump did get testy, but that guy was being an asshole. The office deserves respect and that bonehead showed none. CNN spent a good bit of time speculating on how this news could be used to impeach Trump, so CNN isn't the shining beacon of truth you seem to portray.
edit on 12-1-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Nah, Obama just tried to bar them from the press corps entirely.

would love a link to what youre describing here

www.cbsnews.com...

Trump only learned from the best, but in this case, he hasn't barred CNN. He has only signaled that he didn't like their jump on BuzzFeed's gossip. He felt no inclination to take Acosta's question on it which is surely what it would have been.

Not quite barring them from the press corps, but he was cutting them off.

He called the entire network Fake. He didnt just ignore someone. And that was NOT acostas question- He stated clearly his question was " did anyone on your team have contact with any agents as representatives of Russia"

And to your link- I assumed you would bring that topic up. this was something from a treasury dept. Not the white house. and notice all other news organization came to the defense of Fox News to turn the treasury dept's decision.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Actually I think Mr. Spicer was to nice and he should have pulled CNN'S white house press status.

Presumably he doesn't have the power to do that until Trump is actually in the White House.
He could then twist the knife by making their access depend on a public apology.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Read the rest of the posts on that page and this one, I'm sure I didn't see the whole exchange.

And I wasn't defending CNN as a company, come on ND, you know me better than that. I give credit where it's due and take it away where it isn't.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Imo, It was an attack. Very plausible it was as a bait.

Acosta surely had to anticipate this. And was ready to keep blabbering for attention after not being called and others being called.

Acosta this morning spoke about it. Completely trying to look innocent and not biased. A minute later they cued the morning news with a video intro so hardly biased against Trump. Anti trump. Only trump. Anything to slander, only Trump.

Shocker.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I think they should have set an example and revoked CNN's White House privileges and let all the rest of the "Fake News" organizations (formerly known as MSM) know that their bull# wasn't going to be tolerated anymore.

so... were back to, if we dont like that certain press agency , THEYRE BANNED.

This will go well for the 1st ammendment...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

No, I don't.

I think Acosta's behavior was out of bounds, but I think it was enough to refuse to take a question on the story to register disapproval with CNN. The exchange between Trump and Acosta never should have come up because Acosta should have behaved properly and waited his turn to have his question answered, and Trump would not have taken it knowing what the question would likely have been about.

Then there would have been nothing in the news cycle to talk about. This is why Acosta behaved like he did. They needed the headline.

Plain and simple.

This is why Acosta is now being threatened with disciplinary behavior.
edit on 12-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So Ill address this AGAIN. Its a presser. Reporters shout over themselves multiple times. Acosta knew he was being ignored, as was his network, and he had a job to fix that. Its that simple. If youre a reporter for CNN and you let Trump ignore you the entire presser, CNN is probably going to remove you themselves

What we saw was not typical behavior for a reporter.... continuing to shout over another reporter after they have been called on for their question.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

He was told he wouldn't get a question and then proceeded to disrupt the presser. It's pretty standard to let the press know who will get the questions. They lobby the staff for that and seating.

(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I just caught the whole exchange un-edited this time.

I agree Acosta was out of bounds. I still think Trump is walking a dangerous line with how he's after CNN as a whole, but I get it now.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Trump is going to be walking a fine line with the entire press. They are never going to like him.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Spicer is a bad ass.......

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Acosta couldn't be more obvious in his agenda.

And then have the audacity to look innocent. Yes innocent to create a typical CNN news day piece on anything to bash Trump and sparkle up anything that's Clinton backed when they can.

It's not balanced news simple. It's an focused attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join