It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Christ Doubts???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well the bible does tell you that it happens over 7 years* and if it were to happen over a millenium then how could any one man be the Anti Christ? It wouldn't be possible, that is why it has to happen over a much shorter spand of time.

*Correct me if I am wrong

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Could it be possible that we may end up creating the 'anti-christ' ourselves?

Aren't we sort of playing God by continuing to advance the cloning technology and other biological advances? Maybe such a thing could come back to 'haunt' us in the end. Much like nuclear science. Did we ever imagine how dangerous this was, until it fell into the wrong hands?

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So wait you mean to say that we would genetically enginere Satan's Son? I don't understand how that would happen. Could you please expand on the idea.

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think SourGrapes made a great point. A new theory of which took me some time to ponder.
We exhalt ourselves above God by acting as God through science, and then society becomes anti-christ.

Good analysis, sourgrapes.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wow that was a very good point. I am sorry I didn't look so deep into what you said SourGrapes I apologize for my ignorance. That is a good point, the only thing is that it interfere with the Bible. But it has been wrong how we humans think that we can play God. I believe that this theory has been stressed in many movies such as Jurassic Park

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm still amazed by what SourGrapes said. Its so simple yet so complicated.......wow, I wish i'd thought of it. I'm still pondering the implications of it and the relationship with what the Bible says..........still amazed.....
Good work, SourGrapes.

Reminds me of why I love ATS. I'm voting for SourGrapes to be "WAY ABOVE TOP SECRET"

[edit on 28-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

[edit on 28-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Satan and his demons can be taken care of quite easily....zoloft is much more effective than exorcism. I'd imagine someone would up their doses if Satan asks them to fufill the role of the anti-christ. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
antichrist = satan. 2thess2, john 17, ez 28, isiah 14, rev 12/13, job 1, matt 4:9 and jude 1:9 (not proving antichrist = satan but that devil exists as an individual), rev 2:10 & 2:13.

silly stupid cults dont know down from up. (the ones who think they know who the anti is).
. btw that idea usually occurs to most people, no , your not it either.

btw im not a cult, haha yeah u caught me in my own words cus i think i know who the anti is. agree with me or not, decide for yourself please.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
Could someone clarify to me the differnce between a Christian or a Catholic, because I would really like to know.

We are Christian Catholics, Christian Protestants, and Christian Eastern Orthodox. Believers in Jesus as the Christ. Religion based on the teachings of Jesus. We each have our own ways of worship, and that is where the difference comes in.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
On our own we are incapable of grappling with Satan. He is a spiritual being—a fallen angel—whose intellect and power far exceeds that of any man. The lone exception is the God-man, who strengthens and protects His flock from evil (cf., Thess 3:30).

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
There are some that belive the anti-christ is the Pope and is allready here

1) The pope teaches that he has authority over the whole church and that he can make laws binding on the whole church, such as not eating meat on Friday, priests not marrying, no remarriage after divorce, etc. This is against the authority of Christ and Scripture alone.

This is where the authority of our Pope comes from. Jesus chose Peter to be our leader here on earth. The Pope does not just sit around making up new laws. He guides us in following the teaching that Jesus left for us.

The New American Bible - St. Joseph Edition
Matthew 16:18,19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the
gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the
kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever
you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

By apostolic succession with the laying on of hands, the authority given to Peter by Jesus has been passed down to the present Pope.

2) The pope teaches that salvation is by faith and works, not by faith alone. This is against the work of Christ

This is not true. Salvation is by faith, works follow because we have faith.

I hope this helps you understand Catholic teaching and our dear Pope John Paul II.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yes thank you all for all of your U2U's and posts helping me with understanding my religion better I thank you. I really didn't want to start a new topic for it. I think that you pretty much killed the idea of the Pope being the Anti Christ. Has anyone tried to expand on the idea of people making their own Anti Christ through our new technology? I would really like to hear that more indepth.

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
Yes thank you all for all of your U2U's and posts helping me with understanding my religion better I thank you. I really didn't want to start a new topic for it. I think that you pretty much killed the idea of the Pope being the Anti Christ. Has anyone tried to expand on the idea of people making their own Anti Christ through our new technology? I would really like to hear that more indepth.

Thoughts on Rumors-

Take a look at this thread, one member talks about Prion diseases:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just one example of our own technology and experiments can back fire and be our own demise. When I mentioned technology, I'm thinking on terms of 'mutation' and human experiments w/disease and biological strains.

What do you think? (Maybe the 'drink milk' campaign is straight from the Anti Christ himself....hmmm, just thoughts!)

[edit on 29-1-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anti Christ will appear at the end of the world?

I could suggest that Mohammed is the last prophet at the end of the world (reference to a Holy book) and Mohammed is therefore already born as Anti Christ at the end of the world?

If Mohammed have been accepted as the last prophet by all Christians then Mohammed is not Anti Christ

Since the Holy Book mentioned that Mohammed is the last prophet at the end of the world and coinciding with the non-acceptance of the Christians, perhaps, Mohammed was already born as an Anti Christ that appear at the end of the world. The world, however, already have developments towards self-destruction (nuclear threat, wars, veto powers, super powers, racial / religious evils, new evil orders, natural disasters / catastrophies etc.).

It will approach to its end (Doom).

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

This is where the authority of our Pope comes from. Jesus chose Peter to be our leader here on earth. The Pope does not just sit around making up new laws. He guides us in following the teaching that Jesus left for us.

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the
gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the
kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever

By apostolic succession with the laying on of hands, the authority given to Peter by Jesus has been passed down to the present Pope.

Well the quote is badly taken out of context and ignores the original text, beacasue it is first a play on words "Peter" (kefa) means rock, Jesus could very well been using Peters name in the form of Symbology based on Peter's confession of faith, not by being a leader, not by literally buidling a church, and not by building The Chruch. It is not clear enough to base this text on apostolic succession. To do so would be arrogance

In fact, it was Paul who spent more time in Rome (he was a Roman Citizan) and was even caleld the Apostle to the Gentiles while Peter was the Apostle to the circumsied. If fact, they is very little evidance that Peter was ever in rome to set up the first Roman Church, when Paul was doing most of the work there.

It seems to me that the Catholic Church is doing the same thing to Peter, as muslims do to Mohammad. Put them up on a false pedistal and trace your ancestery to him in order to figure out how holy you are

2) The pope teaches that salvation is by faith and works, not by faith alone. This is against the work of Christ

Well i have to say you do not follow the normal Catholic teachings I know. Most of them do works to keep thier faith strong. The Catholic Church has some things in common with the Judaizers. It says that, in order for people to be saved, in addition to having faith in Jesus, they must also obey laws (official declarations of popes and church councils) and participate in religious rituals (the sacraments).

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat

Originally posted by Mahree

Well the quote is badly taken out of context and ignores the original text, because it is first a play on words "Peter" (kefa) means rock, Jesus could very well been using Peters name in the form of Symbology based on Peter's confession of faith, not by being a leader, not by literally building a church, and not by building The Church. It is not clear enough to base this text on apostolic succession. To do so would be arrogance

It seems clear enough to me. Spoken in plain words.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
Page 50
Paragraph 161
Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation. "Since 'without faith it is impossible to please [God]' and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life 'but he who endures to the end.'

Jehosephat,
I have not answered your post to correct or undermine any of your beliefs. I have, however, needed to show you that the views you have expressed about my religion are either incorrect or misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Why assume a link between the anti-christ and satan? Satan isthe creation of god. The anti-christ / false prophet / beast are also creations of god. There's nothing that says the anti-christ is a 'virgin birth' but with satan as the father.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why ask so many questions
just relax about it

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its not assumed that there is a link between Satan and the Anti Christ. It is told to us in the bible. Satan is to Anti Christ as God is to Jesus.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Where does it state this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join