It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Christ Doubts???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What if the Anit Christ is born, and doesn't want to be? I know this may sound stupid, but maybe this is a major reason why we haven't had one yet... because everyone Satan had choosen did not want to go through with his plans. I mean what if tonight while you are dreaming Satan asks you to become the Anit Christ? What would you say??? No, ofcourse. Because your though process was thinking that you could not be responsible for the death of millions and the end of times. Right. Well if you were a devout Chrisitan would you do it? Would you go through with it to show everyone that God does exist, and that the scriptures are true even if you have to denounce your own Creator? So to me I don't think we will be seeing an Anti Christ anytime soon unless the person hates the world, or Satan makes him.

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The antichrist is of Satan just as Jesus was of God. He will be the servant of Satan.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
What if the Anit Christ is born, and doesn't want to be? I know this may sound stupid, but maybe this is a major reason why we haven't had one yet... because everyone Satan had choosen did not want to go through with his plans. I mean what if tonight while you are dreaming Satan asks you to become the Anit Christ? What would you say???

I'm not Christian, but I do not think it works that way....I don't think he, if he existed, would "ask" someone that wouldn't be capable of carrying it out...that would be absurd on his part if it were to be done that WAY....I think the entity would be "born", not asked to do it....

[edit on 1/28/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
But God still told Jesus that he was his son, just as Satan would have to tell his "son". I think if I was told that kind of pressure I would kill myself, I wouldn't want to be the Anit Christ. I know that probably sounds wierd, but think of it could you live with yourself if you knew what you were going to do? As for the servent part, the person would just have to exist or something??? I don't know what mother would want to born a baby that she knows will create the End of Time. I was just trying to say maybe the fact that humans are involved and that people do not want to be part of this thing, that this could be a reason why if won't happen anytime soon? I dunno just random thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the anti-christ honestly believes that he is doing what is in the best interest of all people. Granted I am an atheist and don't know many of the specifics of revelations but think about it - why do we assume that the anti-christ sees his task as something evil. It could be that he thinks that he is the answer to your prayers and will fix everything that is wrong in the world.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
B.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
the anti-christ honestly believes that he is doing what is in the best interest of all people. Granted I am an atheist and don't know many of the specifics of revelations but think about it - why do we assume that the anti-christ sees his task as something evil. It could be that he thinks that he is the answer to your prayers and will fix everything that is wrong in the world.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
B.

You mean like George Bush?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
You mean like George Bush?

Ummm...no.

I don't see the anti-christ as a political persona - I think he would come to power as a religious leader. A Jim Jones on a larger scale.

B.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
if I remember correctly he (the Anti Christ) is suppose to come into power in Europe, and I think it is suppose to happen through politics but back in the days of the Bible the difference of the two ( State and Chruch) were nearly the same thing. But I don't think George Bush is the Anti Christ, doesn't fit .

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Clearly George W. Bush can't be the antichrist. Believe me once the Clintons set up the guillotines to behead the Christians George W. Bush will be in line to get his head chopped off with me and all of my fellow Christians.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Could someone clarify to me the differnce between a Christian or a Catholic, because I would really like to know. I don't want this to divert the post, if it must be I can set up another topic. I hate how people still believe that George Bush can still be the Anti Christ, get over that ok, because you do not like someone doesn't mean you try to use his religion to hurt him.

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dear djohnsto77,
I have accepted Satan's offer and he informed me that there is no chance of God winning because most people are in hell due to the inconsistency in God's plan. Many hell-bound people waiting in Division One High Court have also been unable to get a fair representation because the practicing lawyers are currently in either a burning inferno or getting treatment in their annual 1,000 year medical check-up to make sure they are regenerating properly in order to serve eternity properly gnashing their teeth. Lucifer sends his regards to you and says you are currently labeled a "Prospective Hell VIP" which entitles you to Monday Martini's, Tuesday Anal Bleeding, Thursday Eye Gouging, and the infamous annual Satan vasoline fest.
Sincerely,
The Anti-Christ (A.K.A. The Division Bell)

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There are some that belive the anti-christ is the Pope and is allready here

1) The pope teaches that he has authority over the whole church and that he can make laws binding on the whole church, such as not eating meat on Friday, priests not marrying, no remarriage after divorce, etc. This is against the authority of Christ and Scripture alone.

2) The pope teaches that salvation is by faith and works, not by faith alone. This is against the work of Christ

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I really can't believe someone would say that the Pope was something like that.... I mean c'mon dude, I know you were just saying it. But think about it, how could that work. No end of the world, no 1/3 of the people dying, no marking on the hands nothing is fitting.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I really can't believe someone would say that the Pope was something like that.... I mean c'mon dude, I know you were just saying it. But think about it, how could that work. No end of the world, no 1/3 of the people dying, no marking on the hands nothing is fitting.

Also, how would the he appeal to the majority when he is perfect. Nobody likes perfect people, they envy perfect people.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Could someone clarify to me the differnce between a Christian or a Catholic, because I would really like to know. I don't want this to divert the post, if it must be I can set up another topic. I hate how people still believe that George Bush can still be the Anti Christ, get over that ok, because you do not like someone doesn't mean you try to use his religion to hurt him.

Thoughts on Rumors-

Catholics are followers of the Roman Catholic Church, one of three main branches of Christianity.

The three branches are:

Orthodox (Eastern)
Roman Catholic
Protestant

So all Catholics are Christians but not all Christians are Catholic.

The Protestants split off from the Catholics due to their hierarchy including the Pope, the ban on priests marrying, and the adoration of saints and other icons, as well as general corruption of the Catholic church. In 1521 Martin Luther held the Diet of Worms that spelled out the grievances against the Pope and the Church and is probably where the split occurred officially.

The orthodox split off much earlier over icons as well but I'm not really qualified to speak too much about that since I really don't know that much about orthodoxy.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thank you for that DJohnsto77 gor the clarification. Division Bell, no one is perfect it is impossible for people to be perfect, because we were all born with sin, so even if someone never sinned agian, the fact that at one time we sinned makes us imperfect.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thank you for that DJohnsto77 gor the clarification. Division Bell, no one is perfect it is impossible for people to be perfect, because we were all born with sin, so even if someone never sinned agian, the fact that at one time we sinned makes us imperfect.

Sorry for not clarifying. I didn't mean it in a literal sense, but as position of Pope one is entrusted to be near-perfect as a human being can get. Therefore, I should have used the word, "Near-perfect", instead to avoid confusion.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
read martin luthers bio

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thats cool I just felt like saying that to seem like I felt that agianst it
its cool thought I understand. People shouldn't hate the Pope though, he hasn't done anything wrong he has taken the enormus role of being a large part of humanitys tradition in Catholism.

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

who says the world is not going to end? and wouldn't the Pope be a great place to hide the anti-christ? Heck, you could easily say that the first 4 seals iof the scrool that is refered to in the book of revelations has already been opened. it doesn't have to happen quick like reading it. From the start to the finish it could take a millenium before the grim reaper comes in for the final harvest

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join