It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dylann Roof sentenced to death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No appeal if the sentence is carried out within 72 hours in cases such as this where this isn't even a shred of doubt.

Surely it can't take 25 years to get a firing squad together?

Or one of those lethal injection machines. Whatever. I would I prefer the good old fashioned rope myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

Goodbye Dylan. I'm sorry for the people you killed, for their families, and for anyone who put any ounce of time into raising you and loving you just for you to turn out like this.

-Alee

I feel bad for the parents... Even if they were a bi racist they may not have been murderously so. It is always bad when the Child dies before the parent.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Ohanka
Sounds like the appeals are the problem. It's fairly obvious they're done just to waste time.

Open and shut cases like this should have no appeal. Sentence carried out within 72 hours.

So easy peasy then, get rid of all appeals? What about all those people exonerated on appeal?

"Sorry about executing your innocent son, heres a shopping voucher to make up for it".

Some cases are open and shut like this one. There is nothing to appeal beyond trying to come up with some BS technicality to save this dirtbag's life. No one anywhere is questioning his guilt. Even the defense and Dylan admits he did it. I'd lose no sleep over this cretin being slowly tortured to death.

I am against the death penalty in cases where there could be a question or the evidence is circumstantial at best. In many of the cases that have been overturned, there has been prosecutorial misconduct and very iffy evidence at best. Not really the same thing as this case.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Edit: Maybe he can be released to your custody and you could rehabilitate him.

Why would anyone want to release him? I don't believe anyone in this thread has even alluded to that. We're just saying life in prison is a much better, cheaper and morally right way to go about it. Death, for Roof, is the easy way out - otherwise he'd rot in his cell for the rest of his life.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Or one of those lethal injection machines. Whatever. I would I prefer the good old fashioned rope myself.

When people start talking like that, imagining different ways to kill a person, I get thoroughly creeped out. It's almost as if the people saying it wish they were the ones pulling the trigger, pushing the plunger or tightening the rope. That is worrying to an enormous degree.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Why would anyone want to release him? I don't believe anyone in this thread has even alluded to that.

Derp, neither do I. But put your money where your mouth is... if you keep him alive you expose every guard and fellow inmate to that kind of friggin crazy.

Executed killers never kill again.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

No appeal if the sentence is carried out within 72 hours in cases such as this where this isn't even a shred of doubt.

Surely it can't take 25 years to get a firing squad together?

I was reading a story last week where a character took revenge on a guy who murdered his family. It was post apocalyptic fiction so no law...

Hung guy above a pig pen. Cut his toes just enough so he was bleeding and pigs could get his feet. Pigs will eat anything, so they begin to nibble on his toes and feet after he got tired of holding his legs up. After awhile, his executioner cut his gut open so his entrails fell down into the pen. The pigs obviously grabbed them and begin to fight over the guys guts while he was still alive.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Already posted.

Please post your comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join