It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dylann Roof sentenced to death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC just reported that Dylan Roof has now received the death sentence.
As despicable as his crime is I cannot support the death sentence. I must hold up my hands however and say he did not Kill anyone that I was even close to.

I find it interesting that as he was doing this ghastly act he was obviously cleansing his beloved white race of rapists an protecting white womanhood an also attacking those who were taking over his country. So he has killed six black women in Church!!!

What struck me was how the survivors of Mr Roof’s sane acts reacted with the quiet dignity of the Old school Black people I know.
Of course now the idiotic New Black panthers have something else to Yell about. Meanwhile America goes into more division!
Let's hear it for Mr Roof an unrepentant (and very sane) white supremacist!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

I wish we put him and the SJWs in a deserted island. Since the SJWs are looking for racists, Dylann Roof is the person they are looking for.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I am for the death penalty, but I'm not personally sure if it's worse than a life sentence with no chance of ever leaving. On one hand, I feel people that commit heinous acts like this should be removed from our existence, and on the other hand, a more evil side of me wants them to suffer for the rest of their lives trapped like the animals they behaved like.

Goodbye Dylan. I'm sorry for the people you killed, for their families, and for anyone who put any ounce of time into raising you and loving you just for you to turn out like this.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
An tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye, a life for a life, Old Testament style justice. There is probably a discussion to be had as to which tenets of Old Testament teachings our modern "enlightened" world does, and does not find acceptable.
edit on 11-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Good. He won't be missed. Hopefully it's carried out as soon as possible with no stupid delaying tactics.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I wish we put him and the SJWs in a deserted island. Since the SJWs are looking for racists, Dylann Roof is the person they are looking for.

Sure, Dylann Roof was the only murderous racist in the USA. With him behind bars we can now sleep safely in our beds... OMG I forgot about the SJWs and their guns (the control the NRA) but don't tell anyone!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Good. He won't be missed. Hopefully it's carried out as soon as possible with no stupid delaying tactics.

Hopefully someone is smart enough to hold him in a prison with a very large black population, and put him in general population..... That way he can be butt raped, tortured and mercilessly murdered by the very people he despised..
Karma....

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

OR he'll just join the local white supremacist group that exists in that jail for protection.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I personally think putting someone like Roof in a prison cell and leaving him there for life to rot away from society is a far better punishment than simply killing him. What does that achieve really other than to relieve a sense of vengeance in the victims? From his perspective it just goes black, that's it - punishment over.

The victims families, however, carry on with a hole in their hearts that they thought would be filled by his execution because others told them so, yet it doesn't and the void remains.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Hopefully someone is smart enough to hold him in a prison with a very large black population, and put him in general population..... That way he can be butt raped, tortured and mercilessly murdered by the very people he despised..
Karma....

I think that would qualify as Old Testament Justice to the max.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I agree. It's even cheaper (when taking into account costs of appeals and such) to put someone in prison for life than it is to execute them.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah I was going to mention that too but got sidetracked.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sounds like the appeals are the problem. It's fairly obvious they're done just to waste time.

Open and shut cases like this should have no appeal. Sentence carried out within 72 hours.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sounds like the appeals are the problem. It's fairly obvious they're done just to waste time.

Open and shut cases like this should have no appeal. Sentence carried out within 72 hours.

So easy peasy then, get rid of all appeals? What about all those people exonerated on appeal?

"Sorry about executing your innocent son, heres a shopping voucher to make up for it".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

That's nice. In reality the only time these cases don't get appealed is when the murderer himself ends the appeals. Like what happened with Timothy McVeigh.

Also. You don't just appeal to make sure the court made a correct ruling on the evidence. You also appeal to make sure all the legal proceedings were carried out correctly up to your sentencing. Appeals are how people get off convictions for not having been read their rights for instance.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Kryties

I agree. It's even cheaper (when taking into account costs of appeals and such) to put someone in prison for life than it is to execute them.

Please don't think I'm defending that p.o.s.

I would gladly execute his ass myself.
I'm not for appeals or life sentences.
Why should we keep them alive when they are sentenced to death? I don't like paying for sh#tbags to live.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

I don't like paying for sh#tbags to live.

So you prefer paying even more for them to be executed?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I am for the death penalty
-Alee

I don't believe in punishment. But, I do believe in removing the threat.

For me, death penalty is just a secure and certain way to ensure that the killer can never kill again.

Every other option has risk. Life sentence could be overturned by a future court...putting the killer back on the streets. Sending the killer to prison could put other prisoners at risk..etc..

But execution is permanent and final.

The only problem with the death penalty, as I see it, is that they could have convicted the wrong person.

So, I don't approve of death penalty for circumstantial evidence cases.

But, once there is no uncertainty. Death is the way to go.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The BBC just reported that Dylan Roof has now received the death sentence.
As despicable as his crime is I cannot support the death sentence. I must hold up my hands however and say he did not Kill anyone that I was even close to.

Some criteria...

Edit: Maybe he can be released to your custody and you could rehabilitate him.
edit on 11-1-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Don't worry. I'm not thinking you are defending him. Though as for your point about appeals, that is certainly not fair. Yes in the case of Dylan Roof we'd all like to just see him get zapped and be done with it, but not every capital punishment case is a high profile one like Dylan Roof. There are plenty of innocent people who get put on death row and the appeals process is their only defense against wrongful execution. Here's a list of them

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join