It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Eric Dyson Calls for Whites to Have an I.R.A. – ‘Individual Reparations Account’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

When I was about 12, I was stopped by a group of black kids on a work release program. I had just come from working all day at a older couples home doing yard work. I made $20. These kids went through my bag, found my money and took it. I followed them to the van and told the guy who was supposed to be watching them what happened, and he laughed and asked if I'd like to get in the van and talk about it with the guys. Sadly, I lived in an area that had little to no black people in it, so I assumed these guys were just like anyone else, they weren't. That is not to say all black people would rob me, but these particular ones did. That one incident made a lasting impression on me that was hard to put aside. These guys acted exactly like the stereotypical thugs that comes to mind when you hear something like this happen.

So I propose a fund be set up for me. I would like all black people to contribute to the loss if my faith in humanity, the hatred that I fostered after such a traumatic experience, and the loss of my $.

(I in no way equate my suffering to that of the black community in their daily struggle, but we all have choices to move on, or let the past fester hatred inside you) I never owned anyone, nor did my father.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All you whiny whites. Cry cry cry. Oh the blacks get it all free. Oh the blacks get it all handed to them for who knows what stupid reasons. All this I didn't do it, I don't owe them nothing. Blah blah blah.

Every day here there are these threads, hunted up so that they can be posted to show just how unfair the world is to you poor white crybabies. It's not fair mommy, it's not fair. Post after post after post. Repeat, recycle, rinse and repeat again. Over and over, day in and day out, threads for white people to cry their big tears of oppression into.

I agree with you that this idea of reparations is out of touch with reality. But to come here day after day to express your contempt is just cry baby self stimulation. Can it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This guy is a waste of oxygen.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I will gladly pay repairations to anyone who served as a slave.
Just tell me where to send the check.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Care to show us some proof of what you mentioned? Ive never seen anything of what you talk about.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think this is the first time ive ever agreed with you but, Well said

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Imagine that! We've finally come together on something! See, there is hope yet! Brilliant statement.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
*&%@%#& him .
Bastard can go to hell . Not about to pay extortion to bunch of thugs and druggies .

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hmmm...might I suggest to him that all black people have a WPDF (White People's Defense Fund) set up so that we can start having these assbags charged in court for libel and slander on behalf of white people.

Or, maybe, that's makes as little sense as his idea. What a douche.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
White guilt is hilarious to me.

" your religion is stupid! Why am I a sinner and on the hook because Adam sinned years ago! That had nothing to do with me!"

"Your ancestors owned slaves and you being white means you're responsible and it's on you to make up for it!

I heard the same person make these same comments in the same conversation. He was confused when I started slamming my head against the bar.

Funny thing is it applies in the opposite way too... Religious folk buy into original sin but not their responsibility for their ancestors slavery.

Both are stupid, to me.
edit on 9-1-2017 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
www.cnsnews.com...

Professor Michael Eric Dyson thinks that white people should have an ‘Individual Reparations Account’ to make donations to black institutions and individuals.

The proposal is part of his forthcoming book, “Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America.”

Dyson, a professor at Georgetown University, made the argument in an interview with Ana Marie Cox in the January 8 edition of the New York Times Magazine.

The exchange:

At the end of your sermon, you do a “benediction” section, in which you talk about making reparations on the local and individual level: donating to groups like the United Negro College Fund or a scholarship program, but also, to cite your example from the book, paying “the black person who cuts your grass double what you might ordinarily pay.” That gave me pause!

It seems the more money thrown at the Black community, the worse things get. I think it is high time for personal responsibility, but this guy doesn't think so. But IMO things are going to get much worse real soon. The events going on in the last 5 or so years cannot continue on much longer as more and more people are waking up to the lies and hypocrisy. What is America to do.. What do you think Trump will do as the new President?

Michael Eric Dyson is one of these bojangling pro-black psuedo-intellectuals enriching himself off the misery of black people. What is amazing is that buffoons like him get full professorships at top universities. I can't believe Georgetown would hire this clown.

His entire shtick is how bad the black community has it in America and all the supposed institutional racism. Of course, he never stops to consider his employment at a white school or all the other success he's obtained in the country he hates so much and that is so racist against blacks.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This does nothing but separate people further rather than uniting them. Whites are getting pretty tired of being blamed for things that they had nothing to do with.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My answer to that is a high flying middle finger.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This thread is a waste of electronics.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

should everyone check with you before posting a news article from now on?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe Blacks with African ancestors who sold their brothers into slavery should do the same.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A lot of us are more than sick of it.

A lot of us are f*****ing damn sick to death of it. I came back to the States in 1974; its been nothing but race talk and blacks need this and whitey owes in the news day after day, month after month, year after year and it never changes.

You're a writer. I used to live in Italy..........close your eyes and try for just a few seconds and imagine waking up of a morning in a land where, when you sip your coffee and watch the local news...........its NOT ABOUT Blacks or race relations or liquor store hold ups, gang land killings, the Crips and the Bloods, and all that. Now, imagine your self waking up in the same place in Italy day after day, week after week, month after month and the TV news NEVER MENTIONS racial tensions and Ferguson and BLM and Reparations and shootings in Chicago, and speeches by Farakan and protests in St. Louis.

You do that..............and you'll come to realize...........you're paying a very steep price for living in the US.

Is it really worth it?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

should everyone check with you before posting a news article from now on?

Phffff. Point at me, the only voice in this threat that is not slapping everyone else on their crybaby on the backs and slathering out stars of racial protest.
No dude, Im just a guy who gets sick of the wha wha wha around here, especially the wha wha wha of one race over the wha wha wha of another.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Might want to reword that a touch, there are some former slaves that got here recently.

But yea the gist of your statement bang on.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Are we supposed to do a Native American account as well....cause to be quite honest, what we as a nation did to the Native Americans makes the black cause seem selfish. I'll give my extra to the native American's cause they damn sure got the crap end of the stick. Enough will never be enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join