It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Eric Dyson Calls for Whites to Have an I.R.A. – ‘Individual Reparations Account’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

should everyone check with you before posting a news article from now on?

Phffff. Point at me, the only voice in this threat that is not slapping everyone else on their crybaby on the backs and slathering out stars of racial protest.
No dude, Im just a guy who gets sick of the wha wha wha around here, especially the wha wha wha of one race over the wha wha wha of another.

It was a news article, the OP didn't write it. News gets posted here all day, every day in order to have conversations about it. You feel that arguing about race it stupid? Good, me too. Perhaps you could contact the dude in the article and let him know how idiotic you think he is for providing fodder for such an enraging topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was under the impression that United States slaves had the option of going to Liberia after the civil war. Which led me to believe that anyone who stayed in the States did so voluntarily.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I know it's screwed up here, but it's all I have ever known and my family is here. Plus I suck at languages and would be completely lost.

Growing up, things were never as bad as they are now. It is getting worse and scary. So much hatred and crime. Blaming whites for the crimes of their ancestors is a shame and just makes things worse. Besides, some people back then were helping slaves, not oppressing them.

I am French and Irish mostly but have Native American ancestry. Natives also fought amongst themselves for food and land. None of us alive today had anything to do with the tragedies of past generations against blacks or Native Americans.

To continue on and find peace, the blame has to stop, the hate has to stop. Then and only then can we heal as a Nation. I don't see it happening though and that is horrible!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

When I was about 12, I was stopped by a group of black kids on a work release program. I had just come from working all day at a older couples home doing yard work. I made $20. These kids went through my bag, found my money and took it. I followed them to the van and told the guy who was supposed to be watching them what happened, and he laughed and asked if I'd like to get in the van and talk about it with the guys. Sadly, I lived in an area that had little to no black people in it, so I assumed these guys were just like anyone else, they weren't. That is not to say all black people would rob me, but these particular ones did. That one incident made a lasting impression on me that was hard to put aside. These guys acted exactly like the stereotypical thugs that comes to mind when you hear something like this happen.

So I propose a fund be set up for me. I would like all black people to contribute to the loss if my faith in humanity, the hatred that I fostered after such a traumatic experience, and the loss of my $.

(I in no way equate my suffering to that of the black community in their daily struggle, but we all have choices to move on, or let the past fester hatred inside you) I never owned anyone, nor did my father.

Yea I have had my fair share of experiences being bussed to school's in bad areas in Middle and High school. They constantly tormented White kids daily. Not all of course just the "thugish" ones. Our vice principal was the one who handled disciplinary matters (she was Black) and racist as hell. The Black sports players got in fights daily but never suspended. She would hunt us burnouts down every morning though and try to bust us for smoking cigs. I could go on and on but it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

edit on 9-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

"French and Irish"

You would be a shoe in for Canada. And even if you do suck at languages, I'd be willing to bet you could master French.

I read your post and shook my head. Sorry you're scared. We moved to the extreme hinterlands to avoid the fear and it has worked quite well.

Don't know your age, but...................if you're young and thinking of having children and a family, I'd strongly recommend relocating. Things are bad now for someone of "French/Irish" ancestory, believe me.....its only going to get worse.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Then why bother?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

My French side first came from France, then Canada, then the US. In my area, we haven't seen the violence like elsewhere in the States. I'm 58. I'm not so much afraid for myself, but that of others and who knows how far this craziness will go and how bad it will become in time.

I wish people would see others as people and not a color. I wish others would understand that blaming people for something they never did, will never help matters.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Another imbecile with a PhD. Bloody wanker and a toss off!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This bottomfeeder is a perfect example of why racism in America will continue to flourish - he's obsessed with victimhood and reverts to skin color as the root cause of his 2017 woes.

Can you imagine the diatribe from one of his lectures? - it'd likely be full of butthurt and devoid of facts.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This bottomfeeder is a perfect example of why racism in America will continue to flourish - he's obsessed with victimhood and reverts to skin color as the root cause of his 2017 woes.

Can you imagine the diatribe from one of his lectures? - it'd likely be full of butthurt and devoid of facts.

I seriously do not want to imagine it to be honest.

No wonder the states are producing great numbers of snowflakes if they are being lectured to by like minded, blameful people.

The slave trade was an abhorrent episode in human history, but it does go back to the beginning of time, and outlawed in most civilised societies not so long ago in real terms. However, I was not born during these times and neither were the people calling for reparations now.

edit on 9/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The example of M E Dyson's attitude is what got Trump elected. We the people are tired of this sh!t. Their are no legal slaves in the US for over 140 years. That's like 7 generations. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well let's face it they have a right to be a bit pissed, just like any other group who have been wronged, sure it doesn't resolve anything, but you are asking them to move on, yet not compensating....apartheid in the US is still in living memory, as is white supremacy, hell they are still active.

Could I also take this opportunity to remind all you Trumpheads that you think Mexico owes you a wall.

Check yourself and your double standards.

Until then, just as with the Irish and countless others who feel they have been wronged in the past, it will keep on being dangled in your faces, regardless of past lineage.

Should Mexicans be made to pay for illegal immigrants who didn't stem from their family line?!

You can't just pick and choose what you wish to justify.
edit on 412017MondaypmMon, 09 Jan 2017 18:19:41 -06006America/Chicago92017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think we need a national DNA test (/sarc)

The native american part of my DNA gets some $
The white-euro part owes some $
The black part gets some $
The Irish part gets some beer

Edit: Forgot about the Reptillian part. It says FU to all humans
edit on 9-1-2017 by bluesjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think who ever this guy is doesnt understand the connotations that IRA has or maybe he does and is trying to start something stupid?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I have never heard this. I have been under the impression, from my own research and from word-of-mouth within the northern California tribe of which I am a lineal member, that natives were "worse than blacks" - emphatically NOT my words.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Of course he would ...

He stands to gain from words ... instead of work.

He's a freakin' Libtard!!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
let's see...
my ancestors came here as indentured servants...
later, some were involved with the underground railroad... ya know those people who were aiding the runaway slaves in their journey to canada.. shelters and fed them...
seems like I should be owed some money not only for the slavery that my poor ancestors endured but also payment, with interest, from the ancestors of those that my ancestors assisted...

or we could just call it even, after all me and my husband paid taxes a better part of our lives that were used to help the poor in this country... both the white and the non-white!

this guy is kind of looney!!!
edit on 9-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

well, it seems that many americans think that the poor palestinians should give back land to the Isrealis who haven't held if for much longer, so what the heck...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join