It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Eric Dyson Calls for Whites to Have an I.R.A. – ‘Individual Reparations Account’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

Professor Michael Eric Dyson thinks that white people should have an ‘Individual Reparations Account’ to make donations to black institutions and individuals.

The proposal is part of his forthcoming book, “Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America.”

Dyson, a professor at Georgetown University, made the argument in an interview with Ana Marie Cox in the January 8 edition of the New York Times Magazine.

The exchange:

At the end of your sermon, you do a “benediction” section, in which you talk about making reparations on the local and individual level: donating to groups like the United Negro College Fund or a scholarship program, but also, to cite your example from the book, paying “the black person who cuts your grass double what you might ordinarily pay.” That gave me pause!

It seems the more money thrown at the Black community, the worse things get. I think it is high time for personal responsibility, but this guy doesn't think so. But IMO things are going to get much worse real soon. The events going on in the last 5 or so years cannot continue on much longer as more and more people are waking up to the lies and hypocrisy. What is America to do.. What do you think Trump will do as the new President?

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Some have such a sense of entitlement that it is unbelieveable. All I see from the people spouting this is the "you owe me for [ insert BS reason here ]".
Another racist POS pushing us farther apart.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In the interests of equality lets make it so that people of every hue have an I.R.A. I would be all for it.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I didn't do anything to oppress blacks, youre not getting a dime from me.

Someone owes me money for genocide against my native ancestry?

Genocide vs oppression.

Get over it.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Maybe Soros has put him up to it, in order to recoup the money he has donated to BLM?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
lo..this guy..

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Seeing as my family came to the U.S. in 1900 (after slavery was abolished) from a country that abolished slavery prior, why would I owe anyone anything? Because I happened to be born with light skin? Sounds awfully racially biased to me.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The title of his book has my cringe meter pegged out, can't imagine reading it.

Am I the only one that immediately threw out his opinion when I read "professor". Anything after that is usually just garbage unless it's someone that's in a scientific/math field.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What a "Natural Born Idiot"

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Seeing as my family came to the U.S. in 1900 (after slavery was abolished) from a country that abolished slavery prior, why would I owe anyone anything? Because I happened to be born with light skin? Sounds awfully racially biased to me.

Thats exactly why.

Now check your privilege anyway because youre white.

I say good luck to them figuring out which African americans immigrated after the abolishment of slavery, no one with family from the carribean or africa please....

You need to get into the British, Portugese or French lines.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
He can kiss my big white pimpled ahhhhhhh you get it!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I believe the biggest racists are these race baiters. In addition, to attacking whites they also destroyed the black community by selling them out and promoting violence among the black community.

In fact Malcolm X would have considered them 'Uncle Toms'

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Less than 5% of white americans alive today had ancestors that where linked to slavery.

0% of black americans today have been victims of slavery.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I am nice and cordial with all blacks I know, I have a wife of color, an people still think I am a racist because of a trump sign in my yard.

I am not responsible for what some white dude under his times culture did one hundred fifty years ago by purchasing of a slave. My white side came over from England (we are Scottish) sold into indentured servitude for many years in the early 1700's he they came to Virginia.

And after witnessing what these thugs did it is the blacks who owe us for letting them become such a plague on society.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Ohh, BS. Your family was in the states and owned slaves, lots of slaves. Then, they fled out of the country for a few years and then showed back up all like "Whats going on, ohh wow, that's messed up. No man, we literally just came here from that other place, never even heard about that before we got here, yup, just got here"

Oldest trick in the book.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
F&@# this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one that was alive then is alive now.

And I want reparations for family members that died in a civil war that ended up freeing them.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Even free blacks owned slaves back then, buying and selling their own people like cattle. I didn't even know this little tidbit of fact till I heard a black man mention it. I had to research it, and was surprised to learn that they indeed did. This reparations thing is yet one more tool the agenda-makers are using to stir up the masses.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Delayed double post? 'Zounds!

edit on 9-1-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I didn't lash your back and you didn't pick my cotton, Professor Dyson, so I owe you exactly jack and squat. That said, I am impressed that you were able to conduct a coherent oral interview with your ears and mouth completely covered by your own buttcheeks. That's some damn skills right there.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

As did many native American tribes. They lived more closely with them, but there was separate living quarters for these bought slaves.

Do native tribes get an IRA as well?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join