It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: GreenGunther

...OMG! Meat can carry diseases?!?
How will we ever circumnavigate this dilemma??

Oh look, fire

supermilkman's main concern is with prions - which cannot be destroyed by cooking. Or much else for that matter. At best, prions just shape-shift and mutate into a new strain on exposure. To high temperatures. Or low temperatures, or radiation, or corrosive chemicals, or... you name it.

Even autoclaving does not destroy prions on medical devices.

That's why the best solution is to stop creating the little suckers.

Exactly. You would need temperatures as high as 700-1000 degrees celsius. At that point you're not trying to cook the meat for food. You're just quarantining an area from spreading further contamination.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: supermilkman

Nope. Not that simple. At all. ...You're looking at the little picture, which just generates fear, when there is a much, much bigger perspective to be had.

2016: Grass plants bind, retain, uptake, and transport infectious prions.

Prions are the protein-based infectious agents responsible for prion diseases. Environmental prion contamination has been implicated in disease transmission. Here, we analyzed the binding and retention of infectious prion protein (PrP(Sc)) to plants. ...These findings demonstrate that plants can efficiently bind infectious prions and act as carriers of infectivity, suggesting a possible role of environmental prion contamination in the horizontal transmission of the disease.

On ATS:

2013: Prions Found in Plants

Prions — the infectious, deformed proteins that cause chronic wasting disease, or CWD, in deer — can be taken up by plants such as alfalfa, corn and tomatoes, according to new research from the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison.

The research further demonstrated that stems and leaves from tainted plants were infectious when injected into laboratory mice. ...

....The Bad News

Prions really are everywhere - in meat, milk, animals, plants, insects, viruses, bacteria, fungi, soil, water, the rivers, oceans and air.

The Good News

We are all one. Prions are supposed to be everywhere - they are an important mechanism that helps us all adapt to our planet's changing environments, and evolve.

In fact, long before prions were "officially recognized" by the scientific establishment and well before Prusiner got his Nobel prize for "discovering" prions, various pharmaceutical and agricultural corporations were synthesizing prions and using the mechanism to create 'protein based' medications and to modify plant and animal genes.

More Bad News

The money guys were too ignorant and stupid to realize that their little profit generators would change the biological foundations of our world.

....MORE....

Take Home Point:

If you want to talk about prions, you HAVE to talk about evolution.

Get the stem cells from healthy specimens, replicate them with growth serum.

Hmm. Prions are EVERYWHERE - not just in animals - they're in plants, insects, fish, bacteria, viruses, pretty much every species, family and classification. And they cross-species barriers, kingdom barriers...

So why on earth are you focusing on meat?!?

2016: Grass plants bind, retain, uptake, and transport infectious prions.

Prions are the protein-based infectious agents responsible for prion diseases. Environmental prion contamination has been implicated in disease transmission. Here, we analyzed the binding and retention of infectious prion protein (PrP(Sc)) to plants. ...These findings demonstrate that plants can efficiently bind infectious prions and act as carriers of infectivity, suggesting a possible role of environmental prion contamination in the horizontal transmission of the disease.

On ATS:

2013: Prions Found in Plants

Prions — the infectious, deformed proteins that cause chronic wasting disease, or CWD, in deer — can be taken up by plants such as alfalfa, corn and tomatoes, according to new research from the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison.

The research further demonstrated that stems and leaves from tainted plants were infectious when injected into laboratory mice. ...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
I was replying to a post with links regarding parasites in wild meat - which cooking should solve.
I understand the prion/heat dilemma, but wasn't referring to prions.

Should've quoted, my bad!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

This is still all moot.. don't you understand? How often do you think I eat diseased wolf or other diseased animals at that? And how often do I get sick because of eating meat? I can't remember the last time.. I don't know if it's ever happened so spare me your pedantic paranoia. All this you speak of have absolutely no bearing on my life.. Zero impact, nil.

(post by supermilkman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

(post by supermilkman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

(post by JesusXst removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It's all about respect.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Closed for review.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.
edit on Fri Jan 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join