It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Please look up dihydogen monoxide.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
dihydrogen - 2 hydrogen atoms.

monoxide - 1 oxygen atom.

aka H2O

Dihydrogen monoxide hoax

I hate alarmists.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman

Do you remember how construction workers used to use asbestos until they discovered it was actually fatal?

Are you really comparing asbestos to Dihydrogen Monoxide????

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Please look up dihydogen monoxide.

It's just a breeding ground for dangerous bacteria, let alone the fact it is responsible for multiple deaths each year!!

Mandatory bans on water... err DiHydrogen Monoxide!! Enough is enough!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: namelesss

You know what diet I find works well with me?

Water, orange juice, oats, protein paste, multivitamins.

Less is more.

Sometimes I pig out but then I feel gross when doing that.
I'm going to guess that you get the protein paste straight from the tap? Nom nom nom

No, I just mix two scoops of protein powder, some peanut butter, and milk into a paste.

I'm not being totally strict by the way. I like food too but there are some things that people should be taking seriously.
I'm also going to guess that you have no friends. Every joke is going right over your head which leads me to believe that a vegetarian / "protein paste" diet comes from an antisocial view of the world where everyone is wrong except for you and your body image is more important than your actual health. You would rather everyone one eat lab grown meat?
because it makes you feel better? And i thought atheists were unpopular.

You do know that hitler was a vegetarian?
edit on 8-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman No, I just mix two scoops of protein powder, some peanut butter, and milk into a paste.

FDA allows for certain amount of rat feces and insect parts in peanut butter.
edit on 8-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: bugs

What could be finer than a little feces in your spices or a cigarette butt in your sandwich? Perhaps some rat hair in your peanut butter?

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 8-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: link

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The basic fact is: we are surrounded by a sea of bacteria. Some of it is bad, some of it is good. If the good bacteria were to suddenly die off, we also would be dead in a mater of hours.

As with anything - if you mishandle it, it can lead to serious injury or even death.

Eating meat that has been contaminated is just as bad as eating plants that are contaminated. Both can contain bacteria that can make you violently ill or even kill you, if you are not careful about it.

The same goes for putting chemicals in our body (processed foods).

But I can say the same thing about driving a car.....which kills a lot more people per year. Or handling a gun, or power tools, or just walking down the street to the very air we breath.

What we choose to eat is a personal choice. No, there is no "mandatory" ban on meats, and shame on you OP for making such a untrue thread title.
You've expressed your hate for meat and your opinion what people should eat. The fact of the mater is: no one has to listen to you, and can simply eat what they want to. Be it all meat, all veggies, all fruit, or a combination of everything.

Where you get your food, how it is processed and handled prior to you getting it, and how it's handled and prepared after getting it is all on us as individuals.

Are their risks? Sure! There are risks in everything we put in our body, including the very air we breath and water we drink. We take risks just getting out of bed in the morning.

So one can enjoy life while using some common sense. Or one can hide in their bunker, all worried about a rock falling from the sky. It's a choice. People should go with what choices make them happy.

Not what others dictate to them or try to fear monger into them.

For me I will continue to eat meat. Especially meat that I've taken care of myself, like this smoked pork loins:

Or this homemade bacon I did:

Smoked sausage anyone?

Now I'm going to go back to my hot cup of dihydrogen monoxide that is infused with large amounts of caffeine.....
edit on 1/8/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha
That was why I posted it. Some people believe anything.

a reply to: eriktheawful
Spoil sport :p

But yes, dihydrogen monoxide is water.
-dihydrogen -2 hydrogens, or H2
-monoxide - 1 oxide, or O

Put them together and you have H2O.
edit on 812017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Reminder...

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Quit the bickering....discuss the topic and respect the opinion of others.........You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I like to describe myself as a lazy carnivore, meaning I like my meat, but hate cooking it (I screw it up/ruin it more often than not) So I just skip cooking it more of the time. Since I avoid cooking it as much as possible, I technically have low meat consumption. Ergo, lazy carnivore. I can't turn a crock pot of beans into mush, like I do with meat, or burn it to a crisp in the oven, so that's a protein staple when I cook.
Granted, we do have one kid who's mostly former vegetarian, she's backing off that. Still apologizes to her meats for eating them, then does so with gusto, but that's how she rolls anyway.
Being low meat consumption with a semi-veg kid doesn't mean I'm personally vegetarian, it just means there's some vegetarian staples I do already like and incorporate more of into meals as it is.

But my husband is a whiz with meat preparations, I'm not saying "no thanks" when he cooks. Therefore, no, I'm not giving up meat to make a vegan happy. I'll be lazy and not cook it myself, but if someone else wants to, baby, I'm there.

The better route for the vegans to take might be reduction & moderation, not elimination. I can get behind reduction, we do eat far too much protein for our cultural activity level (sedentary AF) Americans have terrible health & eating habits, going from one extreme to another is simply poor planning & bats# expectations on the food extremists' part. Backing off a little first with a healthy food relationship as a goal isn't ridiculous by any means.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah it's a hoax. Basically an expression for over-exaggerating.

I'm just using the asbestos case as an example of when chemicals actually are harmful and shouldn't be over-looked.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So no, you guys are missing the big picture but I have nothing else to say. I posted all the information that I needed.

Keep comparing real life harmful contaminants to some chemical hoax or whatever. One is real the other is a made-up social science.
edit on 8-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

In the US, almost all food recalls are processed, usually frozen foods. There is very rarely a recall of fresh produce or meat.

I won't serve, nor eat if offered, pre-made beef patties.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Asbestos kills 12,000-15,000 per year
www.asbestosnation.org...

Applying this ratio to the Centers for Disease Control death certificate records for mesothelioma mortality, we calculated that between 1999 and 2013 an estimated 127,579 to 159,480 Americans died of lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure – about 8,500 to 10,600 deaths a year (Table 2).

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

In the US, almost all food recalls are processed, usually frozen foods. There is very rarely a recall of fresh produce or meat.

I won't serve, nor eat if offered, pre-made beef patties.

Wrong, fresh produce and meat is recalled all the time. So is packaged processed foods. I'm just saying that meat poses a bigger threat.
edit on 8-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Your typical fast food burger is actually full of parasites and ammonia

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
FDA: Food Recalls Nov. 2016 to Jan 2017

Looks like mostly processed foods to me.

One reason I like deer meat: I shot it, dressed it and processed it into what I want (ground up, stewed, steaks, etc).

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here is an even better link. Covers all recalls for the whole year. Many, many processed foods and plants in that list:

FDA Recalls, All of 2016

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
FDA: Food Recalls Nov. 2016 to Jan 2017

Looks like mostly processed foods to me.

One reason I like deer meat: I shot it, dressed it and processed it into what I want (ground up, stewed, steaks, etc).

And your hunting gear was made in China.

That redneck stuff is seriously annoying.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join