It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Meat isnt as life threatening as dihydrogen monoxide.

It causes thousands of deaths every year. It's colourless, odourless AND FDA approved. It's in almost everything (including meat and veggies) and I also bet it's in your astronaut food.

dihydrogen monoxide
edit on 812017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

China's plan to cut meat consumption by 50% cheered by climate campaigners
www.theguardian.com...

The Chinese government has outlined a plan to reduce its citizens’ meat consumption by 50%, in a move that climate campaigners hope will provide major heft in the effort to avoid runaway global warming.

New dietary guidelines drawn up by China’s health ministry recommend that the nation’s 1.3 billion population should consume between 40g to 75g of meat per person each day. The measures, released once every 10 years, are designed to improve public health but could also provide a significant cut to greenhouse gas emissions.

It's more tied into climate change but still they're pushing for cutting back.

US nutritional panel suggests to cut back on meat
www.washingtonpost.com... ays/?utm_term=.8be428f5ba19

The meat industry, for its part, vehemently objects to the notion that Americans should be eating less meat. The North American Meat Institute has repeatedly questioned whether the nutrition panel should be allowed to include sustainability concerns in its recommendations, and challenged the notion that meat negatively impacts the environment.

"If our government believes Americans should factor sustainability into their choices, guidance should come from a panel of sustainability experts that understands the complexity of the issue," Barry Carpenter, the chief executive of The North American Meat Institute, said in a statement.

The official dietary guidelines, which are updated every five years, won't be released until later this year, after the department of Health and Human Services mulls over the advisory committee's recommendations. The panel's suggestions are, ultimately, suggestions, which the government doesn't have to act upon. But historically, the government has incorporated the panel's suggestions, especially those that recommend changes and updates, into its guidance.

If the government acts upon the panel's recommendations to suggest lower meat intake, the impact on the meat industry will be significant. While Americans don't necessarily heed the dietary guidelines ahead of each meal, the guidelines do influence prevalent health narratives. They also help dictate what is on the menu of federal feeding programs, like the school lunch program. - Washington post

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Ummm...so I shouldn't have grilled those two rib eye steaks to medium rare perfection last night...?

Why...the latest study told me red meat is actually GOOD for me...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Another article
www.offthegridnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Journalism is bad when it's used for misinformation.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...so I shouldn't have grilled those two rib eye steaks to medium rare perfection last night...?

Why...the latest study told me red meat is actually GOOD for me...

YouSir

Not unless you want tapeworms.

Tapeworm infection is caused by eating the raw or undercooked meat of infected animals. Cattle usually carry Taenia saginata (T. saginata). Pigs carry Taenia solium (T. solium). In the human intestine, the young form of the tapeworm from the infected meat(larva) develops into the adult tapeworm. - medlineplus

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Check this out.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
a reply to: namelesss

You know what diet I find works well with me?

Water, orange juice, oats, protein paste, multivitamins.

Less is more.

Sometimes I pig out but then I feel gross when doing that.
I'm going to guess that you get the protein paste straight from the tap? Nom nom nom
edit on 8-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: namelesss

You know what diet I find works well with me?

Water, orange juice, oats, protein paste, multivitamins.

Less is more.

Sometimes I pig out but then I feel gross when doing that.
I'm going to guess that you get the protein paste straight from the tap? Nom nom nom

No, I just mix two scoops of protein powder, some peanut butter, and milk into a paste.

I'm not being totally strict by the way. I like food too but there are some things that people should be taking seriously.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Meat isnt as life threatening as dihydrogen monoxide.

It causes thousands of deaths every year. It's colourless, odourless AND FDA approved. It's in almost everything (including meat and veggies) and I also bet it's in your astronaut food.

dihydrogen monoxide

Well they should give an update that it's not safe.

You remember how construction workers used to use asbestos for insulation until they found out it was actually harmul? Same concept applies with all of this.
edit on 8-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Dear OP,

Death will come for us all. Why are you so afraid of it?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Being complacent puts other people and yourself at risk.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Both of my son's contracted Salmonella in California from a bad batch of peanut butter in 2009. I will never forget that smell that lingered in the bathroom. High fever, abdominal aches, diarrhea and vomiting. Luckily they both recovered and are healthy.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

And don't kid yourself, everyone's afraid of death.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Who said anything about complacent?

I am being realistic. Even getting out of bed in the morning has its risks. Nothing I do is safe. Everything could end up killing me.

At some point, a person has to strike a balance between being realistic about the risks and living a life. Constant paranoia and fear is not healthy either.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

I believe it. I've been reading the FSIS recall list and peanut butter is known for spreading things frome time to time. I still think meat poses a bigger risk.

Maybe we shouldn't eat food that rapidly decays?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Who said anything about complacent?

I am being realistic. Even getting out of bed in the morning has its risks. Nothing I do is safe. Everything could end up killing me.

At some point, a person has to strike a balance between being realistic about the risks and living a life. Constant paranoia and fear is not healthy either.

Yeah you're right. There's always going to be some type of risk.

I still think pandemics are going to be more common.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

US nutritional panel suggests to cut back on meat

But has nothing to do with your OP which is about an alleged ban and microbes.

Well they should give an update that it's not safe.

You remember how construction workers used to use asbestos for insulation until they found out it was actually harmul? Same concept applies with all of this.

LOL! Do you even know what dyhidrogen monoxide is?

a reply to: TerryDon79

I think someone needs a basic science course.
edit on 8-1-2017 by Agartha because: Added reply to TD

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Do you remember how construction workers used to use asbestos until they discovered it was actually fatal?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join