It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Racist Dem Strategist, 'Chicago Torture Video Not a Hate Crime'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I just find it so funny that the democrats call just one news station biased (Fox News) and the republicans demand that like 5 stations are biased (CNN, NPR, MSNBC, NBC, PBS)

That alone sort of says a lot

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Its a shame you guys don't hold misogyny at the same level as racism. If you did, trump would never have been elected.

Yet here you are feigning outrage over some (admittedly awful) comments from a black woman when your messiah has repeatedly spoken about women like they are objects or plain insulted them for the heinous crime of putting on weight

Ill give you one thing, you are consistent. Consistently hypocritical that is

it's attitudes like this and from the moron on CNN that probably will initiate a go-fund-me for the monsters that committed the crime.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: TheBulk

She's promoting the idea that white people are somehow lesser or should be held to different standards. This is a "main stream" news organization that's reaches millions. The people who kidnapped and tortured this guy hear stuff like this and think they're hatred is justified.

And Fox has had people on their show with equally outrageous opinions on other issues. Did you miss the part where she said what these people did was sickening and disgusting? She in no way condoned or justified the actions.

They livestreamed it...............

I never said they weren't going to be found guilty. What type of crime they will be charged and found guilty of remains to be seen.

Is it surprising that conservatives are cherry-picking and stretching truths to fit their agenda?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's the way all the cable news channels are. They are 95% opinions and pundits, and 5% actual news. All to bring up the ratings.

Therein lies one of the largest problems. People watch these networks 24.7, but they aren't fed news they are fed opinions, filler material, fluff, and baseless controversy because they have to keep people tuned in. These networks use anything they can to fill their airtime, from the stupidest to the most inconsequential things that then take on this Great Importance to their viewers. And this is how most of those viewers form their opinions—from someone else.

They are unable to see the situation for what it is, from the broader and more meaningful context, are unable to think for themselves and form their own opinions on issues. Whatever their favorite (or personally trustworthy) pundit says over and over they parrot right back to their peers, coworkers, etc as if it were fact instead of someone else's opinion.

We see this on ATS in practically every single thread, and it's a microcosm for the real world.

It's really sad.

I don't watch any of them.

Neither do I. haven't watched cable news in...probably over 5 years.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Its a shame you guys don't hold misogyny at the same level as racism. If you did, trump would never have been elected.

Yet here you are feigning outrage over some (admittedly awful) comments from a black woman when your messiah has repeatedly spoken about women like they are objects or plain insulted them for the heinous crime of putting on weight

it's attitudes like this and from the moron on CNN that probably will initiate a go-fund-me for the monsters that committed the crime.

Well, how can i reply to such an intelligent comment?

Im sorry i cant be as two faced as trump supporters are. Ill try harder.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I believe its a psychological disorder. Many people do not have opinions of their own or have trouble forming them but still have the need to relate to others. They watch news as factual and are not open-minded enough to watch these news sources with a grain of salt, therefore leading to extremism and ignorant actions and racism.

This disorder will never be admitted to one who has it, for they are always correct in their mind for they can cherry-pick and twist and stretch truths to keep themselves happy and ignorant. It is very hard for a person like this to admit they have been wrong and want to better themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the true deplorable[s] are slowly shedding their ' at-least-im-not-a-deplorable' skins....

if this is the same woman who said blacks cant be racist, im not surprised.
and the [black] police chief refusing to call it a hate crime doesnt surprise me either.

there's dirt on every surface though.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

One might also call that confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If misogyny and misandry are crimes, SJW definitions of such would likely put much of the world on death row. Even I occasionally complain about EPU's [estrogen poisoned units] which would make me guilty. This usually has to do with driving or parking automobiles, so I forgive myself for my truthfulness.

Interestingly, Holy Hillary is married to Bill, who acted on his thoughts rather than blather like a frat boy. As First Husband, Bill would have liked the exhilaration of a new crop of interns.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
FBI definition of Hate crime

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

The moment you shout "F.... white people" while torturing a white person for over 24 hours ->
Hate crime. End of discussion, at least in my personal view.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

One might also call that confirmation bias.

of course, but those pesky little facts...its easy to point out cherry-picking when you are broad-minded enough to see the whole picture (truth) and I didn't make up the "need to belong", its a real thing. Some more than others but still a real thing. Its normal and natural...except when you use extreme tactics to do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Eyes wide open, we get the narrative. a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
One of the other resident racists at CNN is saying the same kind of stuff and rewriting the history of BLM.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Its not a disorder. Its part of a normal human experience, and served us well for millenia.

To be otherwise is actually the disorder. Its only recently that black sheep have truly been praised for being unique.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its not a disorder. Its part of a normal human experience, and served us well for millenia.

To be otherwise is actually the disorder. Its only recently that black sheep have truly been praised for being unique.

hence why I wrote...

" Its normal and natural...except when you use extreme tactics to do so" - veracity

and i never called it a disorder
edit on 5-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So the cops are evil lying racist bstards that need to get gunned down.... UNLESS it happens to be a case where they come out and say the black on white hate crime wasn't a hate crime.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Okay, was it a hate crime?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I personally consider this a hate crime but I could be wrong.

If it is not considered a hate crime...what are the rules for it to be so?

I do not know the law very well in this area.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I just find it so funny that the democrats call just one news station biased (Fox News) and the republicans demand that like 5 stations are biased (CNN, NPR, MSNBC, NBC, PBS)

That alone sort of says a lot

you left out CBS and ABC.

because leftist idiots run all the news outlets except Fox (and Blaze). common knowledge.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The rules are similar to this, if you are some leftist tool.

I say it was a hate crime. I watched the video, I saw hate, I saw a crime. It's not difficult to surmise, unless mentally handicapped by liberal indoctrination.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join