It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinbad and the Genie movie, Mandela??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So theres been a lot of talk on social media lately about the Mandela effect reguarding a movie called Shazaam, starring Sinbad. Apparently alot of people claim to have seen it, and more say it never existed. And in a thread on Facebook I came across this pic:

Interestingly, shortly after the user posted that pic, the thread was deleted. Anyone know what this pic is/was? Sinbad even tweeted that he hasnt done a genie movie yet, but now he want to.

Sinbad ✔ @sinbadbad
Okay for all you people who think I did a genie movie.. well haven’t done one YET , but I am going to do one so we can close this chapter
10:15 PM - 22 Dec 2016
724 724 Retweets 2,152 2,152 likes

I cant say Ive seen the supposed movie, but I do know that Shaq did a movie called KAZAM. Is anyone able to add anything to this theory?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just found another pic that appears to be a VHS tape.

and another:

edit on 4-1-2017 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've heard that the picture of Sinbad in the turban with Legendary_Photos in front is actually from a time when some cable network was showing the Sinbad the Sailor movies and Sinbad was hosting. He is dressed in accordance with the characters of those movies.
edit on 1/4/2017 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Fuzzy memory of something like that too. A cartoon host thing, back when. Sufficiently blurred together with all the other sinbad yore fantasy that is perfect to confuse people with in a new genre called the Mandela effect.

Which is a hoax by the way. You can tell it is a hoax because the only references to it are associated wth anything produced with the history of tv, film and video.

There are no real world 'Matrixy' ME scenarios that everyone goes oh, yah I remember when reality winked...

The written record is altered all the time, the real one... not.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I remember the movie.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

believe at least that particular image was shown to be photoshopped see here I'm actually open minded on the whole mandella effect idea, but if it is a thing and tptb don't want us to know,than this 'feels' exactly like a fiction or psyop created with maybe false memory implanted or shills to throw people off the track......?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
I remember the movie.

What year did you watch it? What other actors were in it?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I remember the movie.

I felt like I remembered it, too. Then I did a quick Google search and found that people may be confusing it with Shaquille O'Neal in Kazaam and believe that's what I did, too.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

and another:

Give us some info from the box! What year was it made, what other actors were in it?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I was a kid and don't remember exacts but I think Jonathan Brandis
was in it and he was a kid that got picked on.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: coop039

and another:

Give us some info from the box! What year was it made, what other actors were in it?

What was the movie about? If you've seen or remember it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Yeah that image is so obviously photoshopped it's not even funny...

It would be an interesting experiment - if anyone is reading about this supposed case of the "Mandela Effect" for the first time. If you recall watching the supposed movie "Shazaam": What was the story-line? And as jjkenobi inquired: Who else played the movie? Answer those questions before reading other people's recollections...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I liked Sinbad and I don't remember seeing it. I remember him on Star Search, His special "Son of a Preacherman", the movie First KId and the movie Houseguest and that's about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I remember the horrible movie Kazam with Shaq. I wanna say maybe Sinbad was in it? IDK anymore. To much pot in my teen years deleted my childhood lol

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I saw this on FB the other day and it bothered me the rest of the evening. For some reason, (in my head), after reading about this strange movie, I feel like when I picture Sinbad, I picture him in a genie costume. I do feel like I've seen this movie. Only explanation I can come up with is his name. Since I compare the word "Sinbad", it also makes me think of genies. But even the word Shazaam, makes me think of the actor Sinbad in this genie costume. It also doesn't help the fact that I remember the Bernstein Bears, and not Berenstain Bears, when I was a child. Which also has a mandela story to it. Nonetheless, still strange.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

I was a kid and don't remember exacts but I think Jonathan Brandis
was in it and he was a kid that got picked on.

I loved Brandis as a child actor! It's a shame he's gone. But that's good, we can try to find correlations of him in the movie as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can't recall watching it, but I wanna say it was Shaq, but I still thought it was called Shazam though?

IDK I remember it looked like garbage and I refused to watch it as a child.

Another movie that sucked?

Meteorite Man.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's gotta be kazam 96 seems about right timing?

Shaq Fu came out in 94/95ish right?

Seems about right for him to riding his fame?

somethingto think about:

Shazam is music service, Kazaa use to be a p2p maybe still is? :p
edit on 4-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

*ahem* you mean Meteor Man starring comedic genius Robert Townsend!?!

yeah it sucked . . .haha
edit on 4-1-2017 by denybedoomed because: ETA: NOT eddie murphy

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Oh God that was it

All those little black kids w bleached out hair in that gang lol

Initial release: 1993
Director: Robert Townsend
Box office: 8.017 million USD (USA)
Producer: Robert Townsend
Budget: 30 million USD

Ouch guess thats why there wasnt a sequel.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join