It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinbad and the Genie movie, Mandela??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

People don't just experience those things when stressed. You can have an abduction experience when driving home from a date that went really well, looking forward to making love to your lover. You can have a "Mandela Effect" apparently, when thinking about a childhood movie. There's no connection between 'level of stress' and 'likelyhood to experience these phenomena".

In fact, the vast majority of abduction experiences are in the middle of the night, because they're connected to sleep paralysis. Literally the least stressed a person can be. Fast asleep. And most Mandela Effect stuff comes from misremembering trivia, apparently. Which isn't particularly stressful for me, but does seem to induce stress in some folk, as they would rather invent an entirely new dimension than misremember an actor. That's odd to me. That 'weird feeling' you guys are getting is being wrong. That's literally what that is. You're realizing that your memory, which you count on to /live/ is fallible. This is the same mechanism that you use to remember which things are edible, and which are deadly poison. That's not an easy pill to swallow. And if you aren't particularly used to it, the first time you have something that you were /positive/ about turn out to be incorrect can be really jarring, because you're also /positive/ that raw meat will kill you, but now who knows? This idea that you can't trust your own mind is incredibly uncomfortable, but you /have/ to work through it. You can only do the best that you can do, and the brain is wired to keep itself alive. So it's more likely that you'll forget whether or not a character has teeth than you are to forget something genuinely dangerous.

But that is, psychologically, what that feeling is. It's the realization that you can't trust your own perception or count on your own memory. That doesn't necessitate an outside force at work or anything. It doesn't mean that there's some kind of paranormal or supernatural explanation. The most likely explanation is that it's an internal force, just being confronted with irrevocable proof of your brain's own fallible nature.

Though in the end, it doesn't really matter, from the perspective of the person experiencing this change, whether the source is internal or external. The thing is still /real/. Psychosomatic things are /real/ to the person experiencing them. So I suppose that if you /must/ believe that the universe around you has somehow changed rather than... you were just wrong about a movie, the result is the same. You can no longer rely on your mind to give you the correct information about the world around you, past, present, or future. The people who accepted that young have already worked through that, and basically the conclusion that you are /forced/ into, is that you can only do what you can do. You do your best, and you get through it. Because the truth of the matter is, you want to live as long as you can, but life is a resource with finite qualities. Even if nothing "changed", that is, even if your mind /were/ infallible, you still wouldn't make it out alive.

If you've ever seen Bojack Horseman, there's a character that gives the best piece of advice I've ever heard on the subject. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: takocos

I hear you, I didn't think you were arguing or anything. We are on the same page I think.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'd like to visit a parallel universe and see the version of Star Wars that has Kurt Russell as Han Solo and Cindy Williams as Princess Leia.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Junkheap because: Forgot to add an 'i'. To make up for it and keep the balance here's a word that's missing an 'i' -----------------------> mportant.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I justsohappened to talk to my little brother, the same one who went to see Kazaam in the theater with me, and whom I mentioned as being correct about the actor in Scrooged, and who remembers the snake lady in Willie Wonka. He remembers a Sinbad Arabian movie. He says that it was a direct-to-TV thing where Sinbad was a genie who wasn't actually /in/ the movie, he introduced cartoon segments. Like the overall movie was a series of cartoons based on Arabian Nights, and between the cartoon segments Simbad did live action intros and transitions, kind of like the lady from Mapletown.

I have no memory of this. It seems really unlikely that he would have watched something and I wouldn't have. But that concept is vastly different from Kazzam. However, keep in mind that he is also BIG into this Mandela Effect thing, and when i mentioned it he went on and on about it. He's spent his entire life DYING for something paranormal to happen to him. But no one will ever haunt him and the devil doesn't want his soul. So he's kinda desperate for SOMETHING.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2017 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: takocos

the only time i get stressed is in sleep, stress doesn't affect me when i am aware, i can wake up sweating profusely from dreams that are stressful.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
clever how they even made a mockup with wrinkly old Sindbad recently just in order to say that (the memories of) the movie was a CollegeHumor April Fools 'prank' thus not 'real'

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Shazam is the just about the only movie so far the masses remember yet nobody can present tangible evidence of. we don't just remember of the movie, but its name(most spell it shazaam but i remember shazam), actors (ie, Sinbad, Mowry(who was around the same time on sets with Full House), theme(JINN), storyline (3 wishes, like in Aladdin), moral/lesson (careful what u wish for, at a kid level), release year, posters, renting at Blockbuster, etc.

thing is, dc already had a huge lawsuit with marvel where it was ruled no character could use the name SHAZAM except DC as it was intellectual property of dc. so marvel changed their previously named 'shazam' character captain marvel instead.

face it. Shazam (1994) was disappeared by Disney so as to avoid massive lawsuit. who knows what strings can be pulled in Hollywood with so many souls acquired already.

the biggest debunk seems to be 'you're confusing it with Kazaam' (1996). i remember deciding with family not to rent it, cause we had just seen shazam (1994), and kazaam seemed like a wannabe copy.

indeed after Disney pulled Shazam from blockbuster shelves nationwide in settlement and NDA with DC, it threw together Kazaam with Shaq as a replacement. the storyline, actors, etc were very different. and crappier, from what i saw in the preview.

Sinbad in one of his most famous Hollywood quotes, warns don't sell your soul.

<< 1  2   >>

join