It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory I've been toying worth since I was a teenager

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here's a question:
If you could build a time machine , would you travel to the future or the past ?

I choose past

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I say they're all just as real.
If I get sick or injured right now in the present second the effects stay with me for some time.
There are even instances of healing time that can almost be exactly estimated in the future.
So a cut I get now will instantly have happened in the past yet the after-effects will be with me in the future. I know this for a fact, undeniable.
I also undeniably know that with proper treatment in the present and near future it will heal, like it never happened but may cause a scar so I never forget that past.
To me, past present future are all just as real.
Same as I am currently traveling to work and I know there is almost a guarantee I will be there in the next 10 minutes. It is going to happen because I planned it that way.
An unforseen event has a miniscule chance to change that plan but day in and out it is a given.
It's all as real as reality.
When I renovated my bathroom, I changed a part of the world.
It's a change I see and remember everyday so I know for a fact it happened.
I am in the process of renovating my kitchen and I know for a fact, unless I did soon, the kitchen will look exactly as I planned it some time in the future.all it takes is time. And money.
edit on 3-1-2017 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Don't be silly, you can't remember the future. Err, but if you can could you please tell me the six numbers for this Saturdays lottery? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Isn't all time supposed to be happening at once?

I did read that the statement above was a misunderstanding from a statement Einstein made. But also could make sense.

Also I love this subject because of the implications that there could be alternate realities in where you have realities for every choice you could make and every outcome that could occur.

If you could remember the future, would you be remembering the data that happened in the future your present would become?

Or would you be remembering alternate realities that aren't your own, is this what some mental disorders are?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.

edit on 3-1-2017 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If the present is the only thing that exists, does time exist?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The only time that matters is the present, you can`t change the past,you can`t predict the future,you may not even have a future, now is the only time that you have any control over.your now will be the past that you can`t change.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join