It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CENSORSHIP: The Universal Language of Dictators

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That was one hell of a thread.. Wish I could give you more tha just a few stars and a flag..... Salute

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Man, details the sins of both parties and get nothing but crickets?

no, just now showed up

amazing job
marvellous presentation

a real gem IIB

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is the best thread I've ever seen on Above Top Secret, hands down. This is the most informative, unbiased, organized, and necessary piece I've read in years, maybe ever.

Your ability to focus and provide the data, even in the same way that I perform my research, is refreshing. And this is all the most relevant information, right now, in this age. I'd put your book on the same shelf as my Bible.

Well done.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Awesome thread, OP! You have provided a real eye-opening, info packed, and fair point of view on this topic. I can only imagine that most realize that what you have shared here is indisputable and naturally, leads to the same conclusion that you have directed. Censorship is leading to dictatorship. One question I have... What can we really do?

Many Americans voted for transparency via Obama and we are where we are at now. Many have tied their hopes on the new President elect to be the new change...but what if it is still the same or worse after 4 -8 years? Are Americans doomed to their future state of dictatorship?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thanks. The whole "CENSORSHIP: The Universal Language of Dictators" concept popped into my head one moment about a month ago.

But of course the Fake News melodrama that inspired it is a big issue so I decided I needed a separate chapter for that. Which then it was obvious that the whole backstory of DC+DOD+MSM propaganda+censorship fake news (scaremongering and so much more) to properly set 2016 into perspective for everyone, and just the happenings of 2016 alone, are such big stories that will require their own separate chapters to even tell. So I've got the 'history of fake news' piece done, the pieces for the 'new fake news' all together (which involves tons of meme work crafted for the project)...

...the entire two part "Double Feature" which is framed around vintage horror cinematic and public service announcement themes inside and out...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Unfortunately, even the intelligent among us are basically fools. If the world inconveniences us at all, there will be sellers and we will be buyers.

We've forgotten how to live with forgiveness, without cream in our coffee, with a vehicle we work on ourselves; we've forgotten how to kick the school bully's ass and then become his best friend the same day.

This nation has been largely steamrolled by the squeaky wheels. The greatest irony is that the roles have reversed and those of us who could survive cannot so easily because the law wouldn't allow Tarzan to live in his own tree without hooking up an electronic line, without telling him which animals he can defend himself against.

This supposedly evolved culture can be equated to a soldier who throws down his rifle and Kevlar and runs across the war zone to hug a bag of Skittles while being eaten alive by a lion - and then blaming everyone else for shooting, for not liking Skittles, and for not petting the lion instead of shooting it to save him.

That is the new United States, and the whole world, besides the ME, in my potentially cynical point of view.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
we are one of the only western countries that HAS NOT lived under a fascist government at sometime in their history...it seems we are getting it now....don't think so?...look up the very definition of "Fascism" in the dictionary, it is spelling out what we are about to experience.....
you "frogs" need to realize that the pot of water you are now in, is heating up quickly.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks, and well said everyone.

I would have had a lot more Dubya in there, but not as much was coming up its so long ago now. There was even one story I remember about the FBI harassing journalists that I recalled but was hard pressed to find despite deliberately looking for it. I knew the SJWFRONT had too much materials, but didn't realize how much sin would come up for Obama until I dug in. Note I didn't even hardly touch Hillary, or Trump. I understand Trump has been in a little war with the MSM, to which there are some juicy sounding "anti-press" soundsbytes that on the surface would make for great fodder, except its the MSM we're talking about here (my next 2 chapters will destroy their credibility once and for all) while he's not even in yet. May he never truly warrant becoming upcoming chapters in my little series here....
edit on 3-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Always lots of random unused materials leftover in the scratchpad(s) on a project like this...

ijr.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Real Time with Bill Maher: Liberals vs. Liberals (HBO)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Check out Project Censored for their annual "Top 25 Stories Censored by the Media", and more:
projectcensored.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And some more random scratchpad leftovers:

Interaction between Censors and Censees
www.lse.ac.uk...

Top 40 Threats to Free Speech Right Now!
ncac.org...

2013 Department of Justice investigations of reporters
en.wikipedia.org...

History Brief: Joseph Stalin's USSR
www.youtube.com...

YouTube Censoring Anti-Radical Islamic Video Content
www.nowtheendbegins.com...

Why Media Literacy Education is Preferable to Censorship
www.ntia.doc.gov...

George Carlin - Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Julian Assange Warns US Media of American Government Censorship Attempts

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
From disinfo.com:

We Are Watching The Long Game to Total Censorship Play Out

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans
STANFORD, Calif.--President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said.
The Obama administration is currently drafting what it's calling the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace, which Locke said will be released by the president in the next few months. (An early version was publicly released last summer.)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I didn't even get to the EU, which is a complicated superstate, and I'm only semi-familiar with how censorship would work there. If anyone in the know on the scene over there could chime in that'd be awesome!

Germany may fine Facebook up to 500,000 Euros for every fake news article it publishes
Facebook could face fines of up to 500,000 euros (£420,000) for each fake news story it fails to take down from its site, under new rules suggested by the chairman of Germany’s Social Democrat Party.

The German government will take a “tougher stance” against Facebook and other platforms ahead of the 2017 parliamentary elections, Thomas Oppermann said, adding that legislators would discuss the fake news problem intensively after the Christmas break.

Facebook has come under heavy criticism for its role in spreading news articles containing misinformation in the run-up to the US presidential elections.

European Union Declares War on Internet Free Speech
June 3, 2016
-Opponents counter that the initiative amounts to an assault on free speech in Europe. They say that the European Union's definition of "hate speech" and "incitement to violence" is so vague that it could include virtually anything deemed politically incorrect by European authorities, including criticism of mass migration, Islam or even the EU itself.
-Some Members of the European Parliament have characterized the EU's code of online conduct -- which requires "offensive" material to be removed from the Internet within 24 hours -- as "Orwellian."
-"By deciding that 'xenophobic' comment in reaction to the crisis is also 'racist,' Facebook has made the view of the majority of the European people... into 'racist' views, and so is condemning the majority of Europeans as 'racist.'" — Douglas Murray.
-In January 2013, Facebook suspended the account of Khaled Abu Toameh after he wrote about corruption in the Palestinian Authority. The account was reopened 24 hours later, but with the two posts deleted and no explanation.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Man, detail the sins of both parties and get nothing but crickets?

I am still not done reading it buddy but i remember you mentioning to me you were working on this and i was looking forward to it so thank you.

S&F"ed all of it

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Dig!

So I decided I'd go check if anyone had already asserted the my thread title here. Not that I can tell on the surface, but this one did come right up:

The Corruption of Language
We didn’t have an office, the regime [said] that this association [was] dead, they denied it. We believe that, as much as we are writing, our association or organization is alive, even if we don’t have any publishing or magazine or even a room where we can get together to choose, for instance, our editors. Because of it and because of my talks here and there, against censorship, of course they picture me as a poitical writer. Although I don’t believe in any ideology, I’m not a religious writer, but this is the way that censors look at you. There were times that I couldn’t publish my book because censorship [became] worse and worse in that era. There were times when the censorship machine was a little bit better—then someone like me could publish his books. They didn’t even let me continue my studies in the university. I wasn’t somehow…at their standards. But it was wonderful that there were times when Iranian students could have a sort of NGO, and they invited somebody like me. And 700 students were sitting in the cellar listening to someone like me. After Ahmadinejad…came to power…or [was] elected in a fake election, they banned 99% of students or NGOs. They banned independent magazines. I was chief editor of one of them [and] they banned it. Right now in Iran, Iranian writers hardly could publish their books. But someone like me, I’m here. Of course it’s my job to maybe shout against censorship, write about censorship in my essays. If I get a good idea for a story, like what I got in my last novel, I write about it. Censoring an Iranian Love story…I’m a writer in this novel, or the writer would be a sort of alter ego of me. He wants just to write a love story, and he starts to say [why] he can’t write just a small, simple love story in Iran…and he writes about censorship, how much it corrupts the language even. If you write a beautiful sentence, it would be against censorship, it would be against censorship. You know how dictators use language, to fool people, to fool their followers. Iran is a religious regime…the clerics [and] the supreme leader of Iran—they fool people with language..They use language in a way that I call corruption of language. They use the best words. For instance, Ahmadinejad …claims that Iran is the freest country in] the world. Imagine it—he is using the word of freedom. Someone like him. Thousands of students were arrested. Two of them were sentenced to [be] lashed. One of them just wrote a light [criticism] against Ahmadinejad. People [were in] the streets because they asked “Where is my vote?” in a peaceful protest…When somebody like him talks about freedom, it is the corruption of language. So, for writers, maybe it is their best job to make the language clean.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This look at old school censorship between USA & Japanese Nintendo games is a fascinating look into the mind of censors:

Nintendo Censorship in the 8 and 16 Bit Eras!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join