It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent 24hr Royal Media Blackout in the UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

well, there's this one

yournewswire.com...

but that's a different story than the one I heard really..
the one I heard was a little more far out there.. they were also claiming that quite a few high powered people were assassinated in the war against the evil globalists... or something like that...

like I said, there's a rumor out there that she is under house arrest, but considering the source...
more than likely she is just sick and home taking it easy this holiday season.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Just woke up......kind of anyway.....i think......hang on till i ask Twitter.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

(post by TemporalMental removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You're up Chuck!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Never mind Twitter

Computer say's no!

Just like everyone else.

edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TemporalMental

I'm not trolling.

I'm merely pointing out that your "speculation" is based on "someone tweeted" and they haven't been in the news for 24 hours. You also CAN'T prove that those radio stations had to take anything down.

It's not my fault if you can't handle scrutiny of a thread YOU created.
edit on 29122016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Damnit!

I was just searching for that to add to my reply

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The very latest twitter story on the relevant hashtag is the claim that Victoria Beckham is going to receive the OBE in the New Year's Honours List. I think those lists are normally embargoed until New Year's Eve, so perhaps this is the story we have been waiting for.

edit on 29-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: redchad

This is actually a really good point.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Royal news stories have been spiked in the recent past. Prince Harry's deployment to Afghanistan, for example, was initially covered by a DA Notice, later relaxed. So even in this modern age it's still possible for news about the Royal family to be concealed when that news is significant.

I'd imagine the Queen's failing health would be dealt with as that of her Grandfather King George V ... an announcement from the Palace along the lines that "the Queen's life is drawing to it's end" or some such thing, to prepare us all for bad news.

I've listened to the ITV "behind the scenes" instructions to the regional broadcasters on the night of Diana's death, as ITV tried to coordinate it's news coverage that Sunday morning, bringing the regional broadcasters together to facilitate only one news output. It's a pretty complex procedure. What's clear from the recording I listened to was that the media knew about her death at least two hours before the official announcement was made at 5am, this giving the Palace/Foreign Office time to inform other Commonwealth governments, Governor Generals etc etc. Protocol rules, you know.

It'll be the same when the Queen dies. Twitter will be the last bleedin' place they'll announce it.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Some of you are insufferable.
The OP stated nothing as fact, only conjecture based on certain sources. No matter how dubious.

This website would be a better place without some of its most prolific posters.
edit on 2016-12-29T17:47:00-06:002201629America/Chicago12 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecastIt'll be the same when the Queen dies. Twitter will be the last bleedin' place they'll announce it.

Your entire post was effectively defending my point until this last part, not sure if this was directed at me. If so you've either misinterpreted what I actually said or missed it completely like the other gentleman as nobody said anything was announced on Twitter the entire point made there was the fact I wasn't the only person on Earth who was aware of the apparent blackout scenario. Nothing more. Nothing less.

In any case you're completely right about the protocols and the Governing laws etc. Niall Boylan (host of the Niall Boylan show in Ireland) stated one of his staffers mentioned & posted regarding a Royal announcement tomorrow at 8am and was then requested (ordered?) To remove it and that's when this started.

I think most confusion has been due to panicked people instantly assuming it's involving a death and the hoaxers jumping on the story and coming up with things like the fake BBC tweet. However as previously stated the initial blackout report was hours before that had happened so again not mutually exclusive.

Already been reported HRH is fine and dandy, as for Philip not so much. Regardless not once did this thread claim any of this was 100% or even 75% true. It's in the GA for a reason and I guess we'll find out in the morning.

Dislike how Reuters have referred to her in the past tense though.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that my friend Barri Ghai, a Paranormal Investigator here, has just said (and I didn't hear this at all) Theresa May (Prime Minster) will be "Speaking to the Nation" at 8am and "...Apparently Royal staff across the country have had their leave cancelled and are going to work at 11pm."

He was asked where he got that from (about May) and he just said "a newsworthy source."
edit on 04/11/2016 by TemporalMental because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TemporalMental

Wow. I must say I am appalled at the behavior of other members on this thread. Please don't let their incredible rudeness prevent you from interacting here. They are not representative of everyone on the site at all, and I am sorry that you have been treated this way.

I have searched for about fifteen minutes for other references to the rumored media blackout, and found several. Most people seem to be, as you stated very clearly in your OP, speculating that HM has crossed over the Veil, but it was not a Twitter post that started it. It was a Facebook post from a Scottish radio show tacked onto a post about Debbie Reynolds, from what I read. I'm having trouble getting things to load, so I can't post a link right this second, sorry about that. But I believe the story showing the Facebook post was from the Daily Caller. Easily found with a Google search.

Something that I cannot believe no one else thought about is the possibility that HM took a turn for the worse and has been placed on life support. She was reportedly ill with a cold over Christmas, and in elderly people, that can morph into pneumonia very quickly, which can also in the elderly be a fatal blow, especially after the body is weakened by the initial illness. Eventually, they will lose their airway and require assisted breathing via ventilator. And once that happens, death very quickly follows.

It is entirely possible that something of that nature has occurred. Taking her off life support and allowing her to expire would be planned, and likely not something that they would want to share with the public. There have been several articles in the past couple of days that seem odd, talking about what will transpire when she dies, so it is perfectly understandable that people are thinking that she might have actually passed...and we still don't know that she hasn't. The article I mentioned earlier stated that the Palace declined to respond to queries about the rumor, and that is odd as well. If it were a hoax, it would seem that they would want to disabuse the public of such a notion as soon as possible. That they have not should raise eyebrows.

And of course, it could be due to something entirely unrelated, or could be completely false and there's no blackout at all. So far, it is speculation and rumor, precisely as you stated, more than once. Providing links to the rumors would serve no purpose anyway, because they are as of right now at least, only rumors...and you did not claim nor even imply anything otherwise in your OP.

I sincerely hope that everyone who is attacking you is adult enough to apologize, should it be proven that there really is a media blackout and/or HM really has passed.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TemporalMental

originally posted by: TheShippingForecastIt'll be the same when the Queen dies. Twitter will be the last bleedin' place they'll announce it.

Dislike how Reuters have referred to her in the past tense though..

I read that earlier then saw this thread and thought....Hum how interesting.

If the Queen did die, I'll say that again, IF the Queen did die then how would the Royal PR handle it? Would they wait until after the New Years to announce it, Wait till the day before so that the people could contemplate it before the end of the year (this could explain an announcement for the 30 Dec 16), or would they create a situation where the King is appointed before making the announcement?

Though the possibility of the Royal Blackout is interesting since Buckingham hasn't released any "The Queen is alive and well" announcements, which given the British people and the Queens relationship I would have expected on short order to disprove these rumors. The other issue is I see is; Has any members in London seen any unusual changes outside the Palace? I would think that there should be some irregularities out there regardless of where the Queen is if she died (I'm not a Royal follower so I could be wrong on this)

Anywho. Thanks TemporalMental for bring this topic up, and I guess we'll find out tomorrow if there is anything to this report.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Thank you, I very much appreciate the post, and the understanding which seemingly others weren't capable of.

Tbf knowing the site as I do. I should have expected some backlash and perhaps need thicker skin

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The Mirror oddly enough are the one place who have given the "Queenie is alive" speech.

IF the latest reports (Staff leave cancelled & them coming in at 11pm and Theresa May making an announcement at 8am) are remotely true then perhaps one of the two are "on their last legs" as it were.

Apparently according to a paper written regarding this very topic. An announcement would be made at 8am IF an incident occurred "overnight."

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've backtracked on twitter. Niall Boylan's staffer posted about the death of Debbie Reynolds, adding that news had come in of yet another death, that this new death was unconfirmed but that if true it'd be the most famous death of the year. And that the announcement of that death had been delayed 24 hours.

They didn't specifically mention a Royal death, although that's what his followers are speculating about. He's removed the post because of their speculation. That's what he's said anyway.

Quite how a broadcaster in the Republic could be spiked by the Palace is beyond me, although I guess the Irish state has its own ways and means.

This one doesn't ring true for me, doesn't sound right tbh from this side of the Irish Sea. Guess we'll find out in 7 or 8 hrs time.

Time for bed. Boing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join