It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent 24hr Royal Media Blackout in the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Archonic
Actually the tabloids appear to be not guilty, this time round. The Mirror link reports the story as a hoax. This is "tweeting" nonsense.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Checking Google it appears to be a hoax.

Already established that people making things up after a blackout called doesn't make the blackout call itself a hoax.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This thread has nothing to do with the "faux report" mid afternoon regarding The Queen.

This thread is about an apparent Royal Media blackout...

They're two separate circumstances. Please stop referring to the "Fake BBC tweet." Thank you.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TemporalMental
This thread has nothing to do with the "faux report" mid afternoon regarding The Queen.

This thread is about an apparent Royal Media blackout...

They're two separate circumstances. Please stop referring to the "Fake BBC tweet." Thank you.

Agreed. that was a blind alley.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

As a UK citizen i say if the claims were true(which they are not) and given the fact that she is someones mother and grandmother, never mind the time of year, your sentiments are not exactly well thought through.

Funnily enough if someone was to shoot your Donald Trump in the face with a 12 gauge the rest of the world would probobly celibate. Might even fix his haircut.

See how easy it is to be childish?

Not often i will stick up for the monarchy but its Christmas, apparently a time of good cheer, so wishing an old lady good riddance just don't cut the mustard in my opinion.

edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Again. Read the entire OP, they're not "my" claims sir.

You posted it without a source, these are your claims.

Blaming it on someone else is lame.

edit on 29-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As a Republican I really couldn't care less.

The Queen will never abdicate, she has given her whole to the role, so has Phillip, albeit one he wasn't anticipating.

They are old, and despite the fact that some claim they are Reptiles, they are nearing the end of their lives. It will happen, I've lost my Grandparents and they were only a few years older than the Queen. I lost my father-in-law and he was a fair few years younger than the Queen.

Whilst she's able to remain compos mentis, they will keep giving her the cure to any illness that would kill the likes of me and you.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Again. Read the entire OP, they're not "my" claims sir.

You posted it. Without a source these are your claims.

Blaming it on someone else is lame.

This'll be the last time I address you because either you're being purposely obtuse or just aren't getting it.

It is referenced at the top of the OP about an apparent MEDIA BLACKOUT that aside from mumblings and a couple of Radio Stn announcements an apparent MEDIA BLACKOUT is self explanatory.

If you can't grasp this sir, there's nothing I can do here for you.

Good evening.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It is referenced at the top of the OP about an apparent MEDIA BLACKOUT that aside from mumblings and a couple of Radio Stn announcements an apparent MEDIA BLACKOUT is self explanatory.

I see, so this hoax 'blackout' was so effective that the media could not even report there was a blackout. Makes sense.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TemporalMental
You have provided no evidence whatever that there is a "blackout".
If there is an explicit refusal to answer explicit questions, or if something is known to have happened which is being concealed from the public, then you can talk about "blackout".
Obviously official authorities are not going to confirm an event which did not take place, so the mere fact that a sensational story is not being confirmed does not in itself constitute a blackout.
You need something more.
First prove to us that an event has taken place; once you have done that, you have evidence of a news blackout.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Can you back up claims of a media blackout?.

link   
there's a rumor going around the web that the queen is under house arrest, maybe they arrested the prince also....
but well, considering where that is coming from, I have to admit that it's more likely that the queen is ill..

link   

Why do you think there's a "blackout"? Because they haven't been mentioned in papers or the TV for 24 hours?

Neither have I. OMG!!!! There's a media blackout about me!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Link?.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Link?.

Normally, in the UK, "rumours" are unsubstantiated claims on Facebook and/or twitter.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Mao-tse-Tung once had to debunk a death-rumour by allowing himself to be filmed swimming across the Yangtze. I wonder what they will make the Queen do. ("Ma'am, do you remember that helicopter stunt in 2012...?")

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Love to know what for also

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Best bit of telly ever that

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You have provided no evidence whatever that there is a "blackout".
If there is an explicit refusal to answer explicit questions, or if something is known to have happened which is being concealed from the public, then you can talk about "blackout".
Obviously official authorities are not going to confirm an event which did not take place, so the mere fact that a sensational story is not being confirmed does not in itself constitute a blackout.
You need something more.
First prove to us that an event has taken place; once you have done that, you have evidence of a news blackout.

Now try explaining how you personally would go about doing that when the only two places that announced both at 10 this morning and at some time this evening were ordered to remove their posts regarding a Royal announcement tomorrow...?

And apparent media blackout as stated more than once now isn't rocket science and pretty self explanatory.

I posted this in the Gray area and I titled it APPARENT I've also said IF true never once forcing the claim or possibility down anybodys throat here. I came here to speculate with others so please, do not sit there accusing me of purposely coming to a forum I've frequented for many years posting "false info."

A quick search on Twitter would show you that I'm not the only person who's aware of this and it's been discussed since before midday today. I'm shocked it wasn't posted here earlier myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Oh. Twitter says so?

Don't worry folks, it must be true. Someone on twitter said so!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join