It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Spoon found on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

In my opinion it is just a rock shaped somewhat like a spoon, with sand added. Not an unlikely occuranc.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
OP's spoon does seem off-center where the spoon head meets the handle. No self-respecting Martian Silver Smith would ever allow for such an inconsistency!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OK its not a real spoon or a fossil spoon, but the question remains: how do perfectly spoon-shaped rocks form on Mars?
edit on 28-12-2016 by Orborus because: mixtype

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Maybe because, it's not really a picture of Mars.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Orborus

Needless to say I didn't have a clue how to answer your question but as it's been puzzling me too I did a bit of Google researching.

This is the best I've got but somebody who actually has some idea of what to look for might be able to help us out.

The White Desert in Egypt (Farafra) features some weird and wonderful rock formations and here's the explanation for them:

The unusual chalk-rock formations in the White Desert are similar to those found on some other planets. These formations result from the disintegration of a plateau, which causes softer sections to be blown away during sandstorms while the harder rock parts remain standing. They are given different names that somewhat describe their shapes such as inselbergs, ice cream cones, crickets and mushrooms.

Source:
whenonearth.net...

Now, Earth's chalk rock and Mar's whatever-it-is rock probably (!) have a different composition but I suppose the principle is the same? *

*Don't all laugh - I'm doing my best.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Cool Thread Beren! Oh, did Ya happen to notice the 'ribbon', way up top just left of center of the image? Moohide posted it.
Go HERE to see the image...
edit on 28-12-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Hey Syx.

I'm on a Tablet so I could enlarge the picture a bit. There are quite a few interesting little bits and pieces lurking about, I had fun guessing what they all might be.

Sadly I've no idea how to highlight my 'finds' for discussion but if anyone else wants to have a go and report back some of us (me) would be very interested.

Haul up until now:

Syxpak - ribbon (top left)
berenike - fish skeleton with face in it (top middle)

Y'all have fun

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Here's some circled items Beren. Save, then blow it up to see em better. I'll try to get some crops that should make stuff larger to see better. Oh. I don't see your Fish?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Thank you!

My fish is just below the round rock you circled, top centre. It's almost spoon shaped.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You're Welcome! Ok Yup! I see the fish now!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Framed in black, one fish.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm guessing ancient Martians loved soup.

Or heroin

Heroin soup? Perhaps that's how they all died out...nobody was minding the massive nuclear reactors, which went critical and blew the atmosphere and oceans away, while they were all baked...then got even more baked...but didn't notice because they were...err...baked.

edit on 28 12 2016 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

hahhaa! thanks for that laugh. Anyways, wow this is so cool! =D

Hrmmm....i think they started with cereal

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI
did you know 'nasa' is a real existing word [Strong's]
meaning "to beguile" ?

Quit spreading nonsensical garbage.

According to Strong's Hebrew:

"Nasa" (pronounced "Nasah", like we say 'NASA') is 5375 and means "to bear, to lift, to carry."

"Nasha", which is a far further linguistic stretch, is 5377 and means "to beguile" or "to deceive."
edit on 29-12-2016 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2016 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orborus
OK its not a real spoon or a fossil spoon, but the question remains: how do perfectly spoon-shaped rocks form on Mars?

I was wondering if they could be impactite, like some of the long, stringy and dumbell shaped tektites on Earth. Melted silica that is stretched into long shapes from spinning, some with dollops on the ends. Caused by large meteor impacts.

How they form...

edit on 29-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling + content

edit on 29-12-2016 by charlyv because: The snake like thingy is there for size compare

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I can only draw one conclusion from this: The dish did not survive the journey. After they parted ways with the cow they ran to the red planet. Was it the cold nights that the dish could not handle. Clearly the spoon is built better for that hostile environment. Maybe ... just maybe they shouldnt have run away in the first place.

Food for thought

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join