It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problematizing Christianity.. why we and the exorcist no longer trust in Jesus Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
It's not Jesus or god allowing any evil. The evil beings are in psychotronics and occluding there attacks from beings that protect us. Evil humans are behind this. This is the end of time.

Satellite terrorism and voice to skull is very real as well..government psychotronic operations would likewise have to be ruled out which would mean that one would need a cat scan and then an mri to see if there were any rfid's embedded in the person's body causing then the demonic torment. In any case though, long before satellite technology and modern government weaponry, there has been the need to remove evil spirits..

The department of defense also has a hand in this satellte terrorism,
edit on 25-12-2016 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: tony9802

I had watched a YT clip from Dr. Heiser on the date of the birth of Jesus .(Sept 11, 3 BC ) and found it to be quite convincing .His latest podcast # 138 is on the same subject but brings in so much more .It is actually staggering what that date of Sept. 11 3 bc actually has linked to it . Any how this is the link . be amazed and be blessed www.nakedbiblepodcast.com...

I tried to open the link but I need to have itunes to complete the download..for the last week i have been having trouble downloading itunes..i will definitely listen to this, and you are right that the date of the birth of jesus as we know it is totally wrong..very interesting that there is information indicating or insinuating that his date of birth is on the eleventh of september..on sept eleventh of 1999 we saw the jewish rosh hashana event and that is quite interesting especially if read or interpreted in the light of nostradamus' predictions..

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So now, we as believers are invincible as far as spiritual warfare

We resist and the evil one runs....that's cool, we are protected magically. That's what you're after, huh!

Refuse to be a victim my brother....yes this world is run by the evil one.....but his time is up......and he knows

One thing though, evil is created by God....so there's an agenda for training I suppose. We are learning from all this, I guess learning right from wrong

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Why do you think anything you just said makes any sense?

As you scoff away, you are proving the Bible "Peter 2, 3:3" is spot on with the end of days.

Believers that have faith in Jesus Christ understand His Word; scoffers keep on scoffing until their spirit faces Judgement for all good and bad deeds that they have done. Then the smile gets wiped off their faces.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I think you are a rather confused individual...
I have never said any otherwise...
Take your time in attempting to understand what people say and exactly who said what...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There are sites on the internet that tells the life's of many faithful Christians that were latter recognized as saints. It saddened me to read that a great many of them were tested by what can only be described as torture, to test their faith apparently.

For the life of me, I couldn't ascertain the difference between their tests and those that follow Satan. If GOD is love then the path of a great many Christians is wrong. Perhaps its because the message of Christianity has been lost over the ages. Its not the desination of Yeshua (his death) that was important, only his journey, and that was serving humanity regardless of the cost (his life).

Perhaps the abrupt ending in worlds oldest bible, telling of no resurrection, is the truth. Those praying on the jesus of Rome and his resurection, inviting evil, whilst those praying on Yeshua of Israel, praising his servitude ro humanity, inviting love.
edit on 25-12-2016 by glend because: spelling

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I wish you only the best on this fine day my friend.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

There are sites on the internet that tells the life's of many faithful Christians that were latter recognized as saints. It saddened me to read that a great many of them were tested by what can only be described as torture, to test their faith apparently.

This is precisely what I have an issue with, if jesus christ chooses to test one's faith by way of torture historically, and by way of demonic attack in modern times, then I have to say that for some people, maintaining faith is simply not worth it. Some people do not want the love of a higher spiritual being that compromises their integrity.

I would not follow Jesus Christ if he put me through trials that destroyed my life, or that put me in the hands of death.

Having and cultivating faith in Christ is a personal choice and should never be an obligation. By putting up demonic influences and demonic obstacles in one's life Christ essentially creates a situation where we are merely his pawns, subjects that can be physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually harmed at any moment by his preternatural team of demonic warriors. I do not wish to cultivate faith in a ChristGod that allows demons to harm humankind. Essentially Christ loses by losing the trust that one ordinarily offers "Him."

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Hi Glend, I wanted to share this interesting example with you..

I met this youngish boy at a bookstore about ten years ago in southern Ca..we were both in the Christian Theology section of the bookstore and that is how we began speaking to each other. I was likely kneeling down looking over the books on the very bottom shelves, and he was beside me sitting in a wheel chair...yes, sitting in a wheel chair. We started talking and he began to describe to me some of his personal spiritual experiences... he seemed like a very nice, blond with a little beard, thinnish type, that probably has a very natural diet..I do not wish to make this too long so I will explain what he told me after I either asked him or after he offered to share with me why he was in a wheel chair: He told me was on a mountain top or mountain cliff somewhere out in nature and that he heard the voice of God or the voice of Jesus Christ tell him to jump off of the mountain for Him. Do you know what occurred? He choose to jump off of the mountain cliff for Jesus Christ and wound up breaking, that's right, breaking both of his legs. I am not sure if he will ever be able to recover his walking capabilities, and to be honest with you, I am not in touch with this young man, but for the life of me, I would never agree with or have faith in a God that could do this to anyone, sorry.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Hello 5star, somewhere in your posts you said that there was no such thing as possession and that it was merely some type of psychological problem that people can have. A couple of members attempted to explain that possession and demonic infestation is real, and that it can be proven with examples in the bible. They presented the example of the legion of demons being cast into pigs..

There are other examples of demonic infestation and all one needs to do is to read books written by exorcists themselves to know that the phenomenon exists..

Some people might have psychological problems, but some people fall victim to demonic infestation and demonic assault.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

Hi Glend, I wanted to share this interesting example with you..

I met this youngish boy at a bookstore about ten years ago in southern Ca..we were both in the Christian Theology section of the bookstore and that is how we began speaking to each other. I was likely kneeling down looking over the books on the very bottom shelves, and he was beside me sitting in a wheel chair...yes, sitting in a wheel chair. We started talking and he began to describe to me some of his personal spiritual experiences... he seemed like a very nice, blond with a little beard, thinnish type, that probably has a very natural diet..I do not wish to make this too long so I will explain what he told me after I either asked him or after he offered to share with me why he was in a wheel chair: He told me was on a mountain top or mountain cliff somewhere out in nature and that he heard the voice of God or the voice of Jesus Christ tell him to jump off of the mountain for Him. Do you know what occurred? He choose to jump off of the mountain cliff for Jesus Christ and wound up breaking, that's right, breaking both of his legs. I am not sure if he will ever be able to recover his walking capabilities, and to be honest with you, I am not in touch with this young man, but for the life of me, I would never agree with or have faith in a God that could do this to anyone, sorry.

Thanks for sharing.
In bhuddism, its said, Gautama studied under different religions that caused him a great deal of suffering before he realized that suffering cannot be a precursor for holiness which is exactly what you are trying to share.

If GOD is unfathomable how can we be 100% certain that we are on the right path.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hi glend,

I intend on writing what you have shared into my personal diary.."suffering cannot be the precursor to holiness;" thanks very much for that, I feel like i am breathing suddenly better..

I was also going to reference another example although in this instance, it has to do with a news article that I read somewhat randomly while reading the general news about a year ago. The story concerned a nun, a nun in africa, that had been sexually assaulted..in the story it is explained that after this horrible ordeal that she eventually became a prostitute. Once again, I do not understand why she would not be lead in the right direction by christ, her spiritual mentor, especially given that she, of all things, was a Nun. I think it's one of the most horrible news articles i've ever read, but in any case it somehow illustrates, for me at least, once again how this whole notion that jchrist is somehow our ultimate protector, that this notion is perfectly absurd and fraudulent. He's not even willing to take care of his own people..

I really should try getting into Bhuddism..

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Lol. You guys are talking about this stuff as if it is real. I hope santa brought you something nice.

Jesus is real

Narcissistic Sociopaths that create global chaos are real.

Demon Possession is not. Possession is not supported by the bible. The bible teaches freewill and man's ability to overcome sin/Satan.

They don't understand that what they believe is both insane and causes insanity.

Is your answer here a rhetorical sarcastic response?

The reason I ask is Paul had a thorn in his side (some type of oppression) prayed three times for it to be removed and the Lords response my grace is sufficient. The penalty of sin was paid for it does not say that a sinless life is possible this side of mortality. Demon possession is very real, have you ever been outside of the US into the 3rd and 4th world countries? Those places are full of demonic oppression, possession, and manifestations.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Nowhere in any post on this entire site have I ever claimed demonic possession was not real...
Once more I say... you are mistaken...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I think everyone who believes in Demonic Possession has watched too many movies.

Insane people who believe they are possessed by demons will often act out that demonic possession. The more insane the better the act will appear.

Exorcism is the invention of the church. No where in the bible is exorcism defined as ritual. It is always a simple prayer that releases the person from their mental illness. Why did they feel the need to make up elaborate rituals that have no bases in scriptures?

You believe that Satan can take over your mind and make you act against your will. This is a type of insanity that must end.

You have freewill. Nothing can make you sin, except your own carnal desires. Nothing but mental illness can interfere with freewill.

Can I tell them in a court of law a demon made me do it?
edit on 26-12-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Nowhere in any post on this entire site have I ever claimed demonic possession was not real...
Once more I say... you are mistaken...

sorry about that here is the quote and it was written by isurrender

"originally posted by: Isurrender73 "

"Jesus is real

Narcissistic Sociopaths that create global chaos are real.

Demon Possession is not. Possession is not supported by the bible. The bible teaches freewill and man's ability to overcome sin/Satan.

They don't understand that what they believe is both insane and causes insanity. "

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I think your perspective is a healthy one, but exorcists themselves speak about demonic manifestation, demonic oppression, and demonic possession; it's what they see first hand, and what they discuss amongst themselves. To common man it seems filmic and sensational, since we have no exposure to it;

Thinking in terms of medicine and mental disease helps us feel as though we have control over things we do not understand.

A medical approach can be useful though..

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I think everyone who believes in Demonic Possession has watched too many movies.
I think people who believe that it is to much TV have never been to a third world to witness the manifestations.

Insane people who believe they are possessed by demons will often act out that demonic possession. The more insane the better the act will appear.

That could be a possibility, that is why any type of deliverance takes prayer for guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Exorcism is the invention of the church. No where in the bible is exorcism defined as ritual. It is always a simple prayer that releases the person from their mental illness. Why did they feel the need to make up elaborate rituals that have no bases in scriptures?

Exorcism is not an invention of the church it predates the church, now the rituals may be an invention. Simple prayer as you said is a sign of simple thinking. Jesus told His disciples that some deliverance take much prayer and fasting

You believe that Satan can take over your mind and make you act against your will. This is a type of insanity that must end.

I do believe that there are a few cases in the NT where the person who is possessed threw themselves into the fire against their will. So to say that a demoniac people have full control again is speaking out of inexperience.

You have freewill. Nothing can make you sin, except your own carnal desires. Nothing but mental illness can interfere with freewill.
Not say that I would do this but a instrument of destruction pointed at you or your family would and could force you into sinning against your freewill
Can I tell them in a court of law a demon made me do it?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
What's always baffled me was the act of Jesus sacrafice.

He knowingly had himself sacraficed ( one of the worst sins ) to cleans the sins of humanity ?

So essentially killing forgives killing ? And any other sin there of .

Just some things i have a hard time wrapping my head around.

It not that killing forgives killing.

It's allowing yourself to be killed, rather than killing others to defend yourself.

The sacrifice is giving up your own life, so that others may live.

This is the basis of life in the flesh.

Once you're in the flesh, you're bounded to violence, you must kill other living things and eat their flesh to preserve your own. You must kill other people, to take their land, to plant your own crops. The flesh is inherently evil. It's the manifestation of sin.

But, when you're in the spirit, you don't have to kill anything. You no longer take the flesh of other living things to feed on in order to survive. Instead, you share your spirit with other spiritual beings, and you both live in harmony.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: Isurrender73

I think your perspective is a healthy one, but exorcists themselves speak about demonic manifestation, demonic oppression, and demonic possession; it's what they see first hand, and what they discuss amongst themselves. To common man it seems filmic and sensational, since we have no exposure to it;

Thinking in terms of medicine and mental disease helps us feel as though we have control over things we do not understand.

A medical approach can be useful though..

You basically said people who believe in Demonic Possession believe in Demonic Possession.

Modern Psychologically does not recognize demonoic possession and the scriptures teach freewill not possession.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join