It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I'm always somewhere lol, what exotic place did you think I was?

I can sing, my deeper voice often make people think i'm a lounge singer or one of those 1940's singers. But i can sing pretty much anything, when i'm up to it that is. I've set my sights on radio dj work, I enjoy that field as well.

Awesome.
We should all have a skype jam at some point!!!
G

PS - I'm not sure where I thought you were from.... maybe South America somewhere?
I have no idea why!
edit on 8-1-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Oh well done! hahaha those were amazing.
Very Creative too!

May I ask, what program did you use to create those? I think I laughed all the way through the second one without pause.

You and Errollore did a great job on those, thank you for sharing them!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
Oh well done! hahaha those were amazing.
Very Creative too!
May I ask, what program did you use to create those? I think I laughed all the way through the second one without pause.
You and Errollore did a great job on those, thank you for sharing them!

LOL
You are very welcome, and if you are smiling, then my work here is done!

I just used the windows Movie Maker program that came with my PC.
The Christmas "animated dancing" clips were made using online animation sites.
Some of the other clips and photos were sent to me by Tom and our shed pals, and the rest I just filmed using my phone or I borrowed clips off the net!
Tom is very talented! He took the lead vocals on both of those songs, as well as playing multiple instruments and writing most of the Christmas one too!
edit on 8-1-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: to add more info

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
OK, real life is calling me.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I shall try and pop back in the shed later on.

I hope you have a.... Sheddy Day!

BigG

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Well they were very well done, you're both quite talented.

Have a grand day Gordi and thanks for putting a smile on my face!

LuX

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh that is interesting about Black Locust. I typically just get a few cords of birch for my primary, and a mix of cedar and poplar for kindling to get the fire going.

You sound like you know what you are talking about, so I will ask you.
I typically start my fires with a quarter log poplar in the center of the woodstove, and cedar kindling the size of 1 -2 fingers width. I will usually only burn poplar and cedar, for close to the first 45 minutes to get a nice coal base.
Then I add my birch once the coals are nice and hot. And will continue with only birch, until its time to allow the fire to burn.
My question is, Am I going overboard by mixing the poplar and cedar?
Should I stick with one or the other to get the fire going?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
And Good morning to you Gordi and Lux!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hi Mac good morning to you too!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Its a brisk -32 out this morning!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

What's up with your mom, man? I hope she gets better.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nope no way!
I'd be a popsicle. It's 6 feels like- 11 with windchill and I think this is freezing.

Good morning everyone!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
And Good morning to you Gordi and Lux!

Hi Mac!
How's life in the fast lane?

G

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

What's up with your mom, man? I hope she gets better.

Hey Skiddy,

It's not too good I'm afraid.
She's quite elderly, and is currently in hospital with cancer(s).

Have you settled into your new place OK?

G

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Morning Jessie!
How are you?
How's your mum doing? (I hope she didn't overdo it at New Year.... toooo much! LOL)
G

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that, man. There is an "herb" that could ease her suffering, if you know what I mean. It doesn't need to be smoked but can be put into cookies or brownies or whatever. There are recipes online. I can't really post them because of t&cs (hopefully I'm not breaking them by telling you about it).

Things are going well. Things have settled down quite a bit. I start the new job tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

..... birch.....
My question is, Am I going overboard by mixing the poplar and cedar?
Should I stick with one or the other to get the fire going?

Hmmm I am wondering if you have a stove or a fire place? Let's assume it is a stove.
Now you are using birch. Down here it the most expensive wood source and usually only used in open fire places due to its "pretty" surface, it looks nice in a fireplace, burns fast and has few sparks. But it has very low BTU's and considered trash by those who actually need to heat a house.
It is sold here to rich people at an astronomical price.

I wonder if you mean aspen when you say poplar? Both retain moisture, and must be very dry before use for safety reasons. I would not use poplar it is too large grained but I have used very fine split aspen for kindling and it is excellent as birch would be too, for that purpose.
Note imust be dry.
Cedar being a conifer contains a high amount of pitch, thus it is beneficial while kindling.

When you build the fire before you ignite it add a small log of the primary wood on both sides so it begins to heat while the kindling burns.
Be very careful buying wood. People will say things like "Oh it was dead in the woods for years when we cut it last week" That is not only impossible to use but dangerous.

Here is a site that has info on wood and stuff.
forestry.usa.edu/htm/forest-products/woodheating (I don't know how to link.)

Thanks for asking, this was fun

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Birch smells good when it's burning. It's good for getting the fire going, that and poplar. Then comes maple. Oak is best. It takes a while to get going (hence the birch or poplar) but lasts a long time.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
LuX, Cody is one of the original members of the shed and has been quite busy with a new home and life and stuff for a while now. He will occasionally poke his head in and say hello. Maybe you'll get to meet him and have a drink together in here. He calls his wife 'the cuddle monster', which I always thought was cute. I still don't know if you are a male or female. Not that it matters, but the nosey Elf likes to know things. LOL!

Gordi, Timely and LuX, wish I could have spent more time with you guys last night/early Morning, but even nocturnal creatures need to sleep sometime.

Rider, My Dad ended up a medic in the Navy too!

Wis, you are so knowledgeable on so many things. I dub thee Wise Woman of the Shedlands.

Skiddy, enjoyed your interview with Mason! I had a lot of fun doing mine with him. I can't wait to see who his next victim is. LOL!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For those of you where it is Winter and cold, don't forget our little friends...'

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join