It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And Marty... Heres what I say. Put the coal workers to work. Give them jobs and pay them well. Pay them what they deserve. I love you too, You are my sweety too says the brandy. The brandy is truth serum

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
It was fun. That guy cracks me up.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Girls get in here now while the most gorgeous guy in the world is telling us he loves us! Have another drink Rider. Just don't make yourself sick or anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
It was fun. That guy cracks me up.

I know, I had fun when he interviewed me too. He is very funny!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Why thank you, I am honored.

a reply to: visitedbythem
Here is a big hug to you.
Now don't let the brandy take your place. You are awesome just being you.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Any Lady would be honored. Your right though, he doesn't need the brandy and can just be himself. We loved him before his brandy, we'll love him with or without.

And yes You are dubbed Wise Woman of The Shedlands. It is your new title. Wear it with pride and honor.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not drinking brandy or anything, just water. Still, I want to send my love out there to all my beautiful fellow Sheddites.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, let the waves of love wash over you. On the wings of the sacredness of this place, may you fly high and free.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

....Oh and by the way I am not wise in any shape or form. You keep saying that silly woman.
I am a "wanna be".

Ahh, but WIS is by definition the very beginnings of WISDOM!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say that we had a pretty difficult night last night.

I was called back to the hospital a couple of hours after visiting because mum had taken a turn for the worse.
Her vitals had dropped very rapidly and they basically told us to expect the worst.
At one point they (well, all of us) thought that she was slipping away... but she's a stubborn old girl and has rallied back to being stable & comfortable again.
She was so tired, and just wanted a good sleep, so she told us to go home and give her peace!!! LOL

I've had a sleepless night, listening for THAT phone call again (I'm only 10 mins from the hospital) but it never came.

We're taking it in turns to sit with her today, and things are still in the balance for her.

I will try and keep you posted when I can.

It's 10.15am here and I can hardly keep my eyes open anymore.

VBT - I've always said that Alcohol (among other things) reduces our "learned" inhibitions.
The mask slips a bit when we're tipsy, and YOU just turn into a big Sweetie-Pie when you've had a few.
It is very refreshing to see, and just confirms what we already knew about you.
Cool as a Cool Thing, Heading South, Riding a Polar Bear with Sunglasses On!

G

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Morning everyone.
only -24C this morning. A very nice change from the - 40 mornings.
Almost feels nice outside....tolerable at least.
Another jam packed day of idiocy for me at the mine today.
I have to check the ventilation from surface to 20 level...vent is so damn boring.

Hope you all stay warm and have a great day

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Try to get a good nights sleep mate ( easier said ... )
We are all on virtual watch for you !

Hope the Morning brings better news ...

Thinking of you and yours big G ... 😊

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hello back... I know this is days later, but I have too much on my plate lately. I'll never catch up, with my work or this thread! hahah

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

hehe yeahhhh I wouldn't mind so much if there were more bass and drum solos too. My husband plays guitar too. I like listening to him play.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I just watched your video, "A Very Sheddy Christmas" and I loved it.

I started playing drums when I was a kid, oh about 34 years ago, and I never did anything with it. I feel very lucky to have taken lessons from Tony Monforte. I know he's well known in these parts. He was a great jazz drummer. I used to get so annoyed with having to do his exercises and play jazz because I was only wanting to learn rock and heavy metal. I am so glad he taught that way though, I feel it makes me more well rounded. He knew what he was doing. I just play for myself for fun. Never in a band or anything. I'm out of practice now though.... I haven't actually played for awhile now. Still got my kit though.

I was looking for a link and sadly I can't find any video, but here's a link to a song he played drums on in the 50s. www.hoyhoy.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hello PrairieShepherd, Thank you for the nice welcome. My real name is not Ellie, and you got it right. I took the name from Contact and used his last name (obviously).

I'm late on herbal advice... I assume maybe your cold is better now?

A good way to clear out your sinuses is with a steam. I just add the oils to a cup of water that was brought to boiling and breathe it in. Or if you just make a tea make sure you breathe in the steam too. Eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, and lavender are good for the steam. Not only do they make your nose run (relieve stuffy nose) but also have antibacterial and antiviral constituents. For a tea, I would say ginger, peppermint, marshmallow (root or leaf), and sage are good for soothing your throat and horehound is an age old remedy for coughs. I find honey a great soother of a sore throat. If you get manuka honey, it has the added benefit of being antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. And it's yummy!

I hope your cold is better now though.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think the ones you gather with the pixies and faeries will be of the best quality! Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Hi LuXTen. Welcome to the Shed. I'm new here too, but everyone is so welcoming and kind... I think I'll stick around.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I read the one he did with you. That was pretty funny.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Good morning everyone!!! Sorry I have been a bit MIA, I have been completing all the paperwork to get enrolled in school. I finished everything Friday and got my official college ID, LOL. So I have one week before the madness begins!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Woke up to 7 F but it is supposed to get up to 32 today so it will feel like a heat wave!

Mac - No way could I handle those cold temps! Stay warm!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi folks, sad news I'm afraid.

My mum passed away about an hour and a half ago. (Just after 1pm GMT UK)
We were with her and she was peaceful and not in any pain.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

kindest regards,
G

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join