It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
You're welcome. It was the only way I knew to show how okay everything is now.

I love that tree. It makes me laugh. I was touched when my friend gave it to me. It was a really nice thing to do.

I hope there's cake. I love cake.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

As we were entering the outer levels of the Keep, a captain of the guard approached us, removed her helmet and
knelt. "Are you the ones named Livias Lightbringer and Angela Wheatleigh?" she asked with a look of despair about
her.

"Yes, that is we," Angela responded.
"What do you need of us dear captain?"

"Please, forgive me my lords, but I am in desperate need of heroism." she plead, her voice trembling.
"Go on, we are here to help if we can." I said, looking into her eyes and feeling rather sympathetic.

"Well, it's my son. *sniff* He's disappeared... and I'm not sure where to find him. If you find out anything please help.
*sniff sniff* There have been kidnappings in the city in recent weeks, dozens of children have gone missing and no one knows
what happened to them. I fear he is one of the victims of this tragedy, *sniff* and I believe some morbid individual is
behind this twisted scheme." she muttered as she was trying to keep from crying, her voice quivering.

"This is vicious indeed, oh my gosh! Terrible..." I said,
"I have heard of these disappearances, we will try to find your son and the others captain." Angela added.

"As women of Honor I trust that if anyone can do something about this, you two can. Thank you for your time, and
I am sorry for slowing you down. You are expected in the Keep by the Prince." She got up, put her helmet back on,
pointed the way, and then returned to her post.

We continued onward into the grand doorway, and I was again enthralled by the ornate setting within this magnificent
castle that towers over the city of Stormwind. I had never set foot in here until today.

"What did she mean the Prince? I thought we were here to see the King?" I quizzed rhetorically.
"We'll see... hmmm" Angela remarked, seeming as confused as myself.

We walked through several spectacularly decorated hallways adorned with statues, huge flags draped over the walls,
and weapon displays, heading upwards higher into the Keep. There were guards and servants everywhere, but none of them
seemed to even notice us as we passed through.

Once we finally reached the throne room the door men moved aside and nodded, allowing us entry. There we did not see
the king, but instead the Prince, Anduin Wrynn.

"Finally! I've been expecting you two!"

We bowed in curtsy, not knowing exactly how to react to meeting the Prince and having him expecting us at that!

"My father the King is gone, his whereabouts unknown. I believe he has gone on a mission to speak to the leaders of
Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar in order to expand the Alliance against the Scourge of Undead that threatens all our kingdoms.
I do not know when or if he will return, but while he is gone I am helping to organize our efforts here."

He held out his hand with a rolled up and sealed letter, expecting one of us to take it.

"I need you two to deliver this missive to Falstad Wildhammer in Ironforge. It's somewhat urgent, but I waited for you
because I need someone I can trust that no one expects to be in my service. Please take the first tram there in the morning,
you can board an hour after sunrise. Here are your tickets. I'll have someone rendezvous with you right outside the Deeprun Station as well. She will give you a few items you might need."

I was wondering what this was all about, and I've never been to Ironforge so I was excited to see the capital of the Dwarves and to meet the Chieftain of the Wildhammer Clan. He served on the Council of Hammers and was nearly legendary even here among us humans.

"And don't worry about Eleanora, she's on a very special mission at my behest as well. She will rejoin you two in a few days when you return to Stormwind, if you survive that is. I hope you all make it back safe..."

He looked around looking a bit saddened by all of the destruction and suffering that has befallen the kingdom.

"I understand how hard this might be. I am facing many difficult challenges too. I want you to meet one of my most trusted friends. Before you leave here, go around the north corridor and out past the library to the balcony overlooking the lake. She's around there somewhere still I'm sure."

Angela responded with another curtsy, "Thank you Your Highness, we will deliver the note to Ironforge tomorrow as you requested."

I made a mistake and forgot to curtsy but Anduin didn't seem to notice, he didn't seem to be one for such things. He was actually somewhat charming and handsome for such a young man. One day he'd be the King after all, his father has been grooming him very well.

"I am very thankful for you choosing us Prince, but may I ask why me? Why us?" I asked, perhaps not minding my manners in front of such royalty.

He responded without hesitation, "Because I've been watching all of you and know that you are honorable and decent. I know that I can rely on your loyalty to our city and that you have the skills to get the job done. I have no doubts in any of you."

I was speechless. I just stood there a few minutes staring, until Angela grabbed my arm and led me to the hallway leading past the castle's library and atrium. Once we found the balcony over the lake I saw a woman that I felt like I recognized but wasn't sure who she was until she introduced herself.

"Hello children, I am Jaina Proudmoore, and I wanted to speak with you before you left on your first mission for the Prince. I know that you are dealing with some of the most deadly foes that there are out there, and that things will become very complicated and confusing, but just remember to trust in your Hearts. Listen to your inner voice and follow it. Know that I will be keeping watch over you and if and when you need some assistance, I will lend you a hand. I cannot always be there so do your best."

And before we could even say anything to her she turned around, opened a magical portal and stepped into it, turning around for a moment to say "Good luck, rely on your Wisdom!" and then she was gone and the portal closed behind her.

I looked at Angela and said "What's next?", and she just looked at me for a moment.
I asked "Wanna go catch some sleep? I got a room at The Gilded Rose tonight".
She just nodded her head and hugged me, and we walked back down through the Keep quietly.
We had a lot to think about and it was a very long and eventful day.

We crossed through town into the Trade District and found the inn after asking a local for directions, it seems we
walked right past it without realizing it.

Once we entered we met the innkeeper, Allison.

She offered us a meal and then gave us both a small pouch with 100 gold coins in each of them. It was unbelievable!

"These are donations collected from the locals, you two have become the talk of the town after what happened in the Cathedral earlier today!" she told us.

I couldn't believe how quickly word spread, and somehow no one noticed that I didn't even do anything except cower and cry in the face of that horrible Shade. I felt so ashamed.

After we finished eating she led us up to our rooms and actually tucked us into our beds, telling us how everyone's putting their faith into us to protect the city. It's a lot of pressure but I finally felt useful and it was wonderful to have a greater purpose in life no matter how hard it might be.

I fell asleep quickly, feeling content and happy.
Little did I know that wouldn't last long.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
That first bout of white stuff is currently on the ground tonight as the snow continues to come down. Been cold enough to snow just about every night here since late October and this our first bit of snow that's actually sticking to the ground.

It's snowing just hard enough that I can't see the hillside on the other side of the river from my house.

Spring needs to hurry up and get here.......

Edit to add......

This is my street as of two minutes ago. They were ONLY calling for a dusting here tonight.........
[editby ]edit on 30-12-2016 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

You know, you may be right.

Edit

BTW cool place you got there.

edit on 30-12-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Thanks. It needs a bit of work but I like it. The girls are inside with me and are happy. That's what matters most to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hello everyone.
I thought I'd post a couple of songs from the upcoming Broadway Musical:
"The Shed of Acassia."

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The hospital just let my mum come home!
Mad rush today trying to get everything in place for her.... but main thing is... she's home!

G

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

While experiencing the biggest day of my life, these following events are what
I believe are the most accurate rendition of Eleanora's journey:

Eleanora traveled through Elwynn Forest, back through Goldshire and then along the road to Westfall. Her
black steed was well fed and swift, but she didn't even know it's name.

Eleanora is a bit hyperactive and when she gets excited her thinking becomes erratic and she tends to jump from
one thought to the next rapidly. Some might even think she's simple minded, but don't let her personality quirks
fool you, she's cunning and deadly in combat situations and she is surprisingly intelligent when she needs to be.

As she neared the western edge of Elwynn she came upon Westbrook Garrison, which overlooks a small river separating
the two regions. Westfall is officially claimed by Stormwind but in recent times it has fallen into ruin and is
overrun with bandits operating through the Defias Brotherhood, a guild of criminals.

Westbrook Garrison is, in a lot of ways, the last real edge of Stormwind's territory and was built to ensure security
against the Defias and Gnolls that have overrun Westfall. Now, when I was a child, Westfall, my homeland, was a rich
agricultural area with many farms and a sizable population at the city of Moonbrook, where I went to school. After the
Second War it fell into disuse and many people left to other parts of the Kingdom, especially Stormwind itself.

As El came upon the Garrison, she saw some posters displayed along the road that caught her eye. One of them said
"Wanted : Hogger, Reward : 250 gold coins", and this immediately piqued her interest.

"Wow, 250 gold!? That's a small treasure! This sounds easy enough." she thought aloud to herself.

She continued reading, "He was last seen in the forest south of this location, caution: extremely dangerous. He is the
chieftain of the Riverpaw tribe and has been working for the Defias Brotherhood. He has killed many individuals and
so is wanted dead, his paw which has recognizable scars and a tattoo on it or his head is valid evidence for collecting the bounty."

Eleanora couldn't help herself, that much currency could purchase her an entire new outfit, new weapons, various
other supplies, and many nights of comfort at inns.

"I know exactly how to nail this Gnoll." she thought. She had heard much about Gnolls and their nature, and was aware
that they were ferocious beastly peoples that cared far more about eating than about gaining possessions. They even ate
humans that were unlucky enough to become their victims, garnering them quite the nasty reputation.

"I've got a few hours before sunset, I bet I can find him and get his claw and be back here for the bounty before it's dark."
she thought, failing to recognize the fact that the many soldiers at this outpost somehow hadn't accomplished such a task.

She headed south into the thick of the forest hunting for Hogger, seemingly forgetting about the mission she was
suppose to be focusing on.

Eridis Embersworn was also hunting Hogger, but she had almost no fighting experience and knew very little about
the psychology or battle tactics of Gnolls. She was also in a land completely foreign to her, Elwynn. She was from
far north on the continent and was also traveling through when she saw the wanted posters and couldn't resist the
temptation of such a large sum of money.

She was an archer, albeit an amateur one with only the basic skills. As a tracker she was somewhat capable, but in terms
of hunting other animals she had only captured or killed defenseless prey such as deer in the past. She had no idea
how ferocious Gnolls were, nor how battle hardened Hogger was.

Gnoll society revolves around brute force and violent domination, and they will even eat their own kind. Similar to other
pack animals such as hyenas or wolves, leaders are decided purely by fighting and killing each other. To a Gnoll, it is survival of the fittest and it indeed is a 'dog eat dog world'.

Eridis had been looking around the area for over a day now, but finally had caught sight of what could only be the Gnoll
known as Hogger. She was impressed by his appearance and stature, surprised that he was so large and muscular. She didn't
expect he would be humanoid and vaguely intelligent, and had no idea these creatures wore clothing and carried weaponry.

She didn't let this stop her though, and she got a little closer to take a shot with her bow.
Hogger smelt her sometime before this and was now hunting her too.

*Thwap* *Foooosh*
She fired her arrow directly at him, but he quickly turned towards her and deflected the arrow with his axe, thanks
to his keen senses of hearing and sight. He then ran into the brush a few feet away, and Eridis lost sight of him.

She thought perhaps he fled and she'd have to give chase, but then on her flank she heard something coming towards her
in the bushes, and she was filled with fear and panic. She went for her blade but was too late, Hogger leap out upon her,
she softly said to herself "Shorel'aran" and then screamed while he laid his axe in her skull...

Eridis was dead, and Hogger had another meal.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Eleanora had heard a brief scream in the distance, and could tell it was a female. She started rushing towards the area
while attempting to remain as silent as she could, realizing that this situation might be very dangerous.

As she got closer, she could hear barking and laughing as if it were a hyena, and she knew this was certainly that of
a Gnoll. She could hear something else as well, a grotesque sound, and once she reached the location she saw a horrible scene.

Hogger was ravenously feeding upon the poor Elf, making Eleanora very sick to her stomach. But she knew this was it, her chance to get the drop on this brute was now or never.

She dashed towards him with her blades drawn and ready to sink it into his neck to sever his spinal cord, but he heard her
approach and turned around growling and barking and then charged her!

She was taken by surprise as she just lost the element of surprise, and only reacted on pure instinct. She ducked as he pounced at her and after he flew over, she threw several darts at him of which two landed in his leg.

He whimpered and grabbed his leg, dropping an axe. Eleanora rolled to the side and threw her dagger right at his neck, landing it deeply within.

As he struggled with blood running from his leg and now his neck, Eleanora moved in for the kill while he was stunned. She swung her blade and landed a sinister strike upon his chest, pulled out the other dagger and caused a massive hemorrhage from his throat which was now bleeding profusely. She then finished him off which an evisceration of his stomach, causing him to lose his innards.

As he lay convulsing and dying, choking on his own blood, Eleanora decided she'd take the paw because there was already enough blood on her and she didn't like dealing in such morbid affairs to begin with. She cut his right claw off and put it in some leather she stripped off Hogger's outfit.

She then went and looked at the body of Eridis, and turned away the moment she saw it. She knew it was over. So she wiped herself off a bit with some cloth she had and decided to head to the Garrison for her bounty and hopefully a chance to bathe. If they didn't have amenities she might have to take a risk and hop in the river, which wasn't her favorite idea considering the dangers this area apparently presented.

After a short journey through the woods, she came back upon the Garrison where she had tied her stallion and went up to the door and gave a loud knock. A soldier answered within a few minutes and let her in, asking if she was ok. She quietly held up Hogger's paw and said "It's done."

He called for Sergeant De Vries to come, and within a moment he appeared around a corner.
"What in the blazes!?"

"Hogger is extinct." Eleanora grimly stated.
"Can I get a bath?" she then asked.

"Quartermaster Hicks, please take this woman to our bathing room and fetch her some hot water!" he shouted.
Not far away you could hear a shout of "Yes Sir!" and some commotion. Hicks then arrived and led Eleanora to
a tub being filled with hot water and then asked the soldiers to leave the room and they closed the door to allow El to
take care of her business.

She could hear them talking loudly out in the hallway,
"I cannot believe it! This is the claw of Hogger! See these scars and this tattoo? It's certainly his!"
De Vries shouted in amazement. "She was covered in blood, it must have been a gruesome sight!" Hicks replied.

After finishing bathing, she dressed herself and came into the main hall to see a feast on the tables, and all of
the soldiers applauded her and shouted "For she's a jolly good heroine!" several times in unison. She smiled and
clapped with them, overjoyed.

She sat with them and ate after noticing a pouch at her seat. Once she opened it she
saw what must have been around 250 gold coins and a note signed by De Vries officially declaring Eleanora had slain
Hogger.

The Sergeant then asked Eleanora if she'd like to rest there for the night, as it was already dusk, but El responded
that she was in a hurry to Westfall and needed to travel by darkness while heading to Moonbrook, and so declined
his offer.

After exchanging farewells, she went back outside and untied her horse, mounted, and rode off heading West.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Flash, good story!

Hiya Skid, Chooch and John!

Tom, thank you for bringing your amazing and magical vids to shed 13! They always touch me deeply and make me smile. The Shed would make a great Broadway hit or movie!

Gordi, so happy to hear that your Mum is home! There is no place like home! Continued thoughts and prayers for your dear Mother! Try to call and or visit as often as you can. I'm sure you will do what you can as you are such a good Son!

Hello to everyone out there!

I don't know if I'm coming down with something or maybe it's just the Winter blues or what, but have been extra tired lately and have no ambition to do much of anything. Yesterday I made stuffed cabbage and a batch of chicken soup. Nice to have left overs where you don't have to cook and can just heat something up.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I like the different colored fonts and pics you add to your story entries. Ok, finally caught up and feeling tired. I might take off for a bit on and off throughout the day and night here. Can't seem to find any energy.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hey! And Hey to everyone else too!

Gordi that's great that Your Mom gets to go home! Great to see that!

Night have some coffee! That might give You a little spunk to your steps today!?

Flash I love that latest in Your Tale! Very cool!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It was very dark as Eleanora and her steed raced into Westfall, and she realized that her excursion after Hogger
put her hours behind schedule. She was already getting sleepy, and knew that she needed to get at least a few
hours of sleep to keep her strength in case more conflicts lay ahead of her in this desolate land that once was
fertile farmsteads.

She came upon Saldean's Farmlands and saw that a building's windows were lit up from the inside, and so decided
she'd check it out. Because she might not be very welcomed here, she stopped her horse a good distance away and tied
the reins to a fence post and crept a few hundred yards up to the building to peep into the windows.

What she saw and heard inside fascinated her...it was over a dozen Defias having a meeting.

"So what are the Scourge anyways?" one asked.
"They are the undead, you know zombies and ghouls?" another replied.

"There are a handful of warlocks in Stormwind, I bet some of them dabble in necromancy!" a tall one shouted.
"I knew it! Stormwind has to be behind all of this, they cannot be trusted!" yelled another.

"I talked to Vanessa and she said that Edwin was trying to arrange a deal to work with Stormwind and even pay
them a tribute of gold! That's why she eliminated him." one of them, perhaps their leader, calmly said.

"A traitor he was!" a shout exclaimed.
"I hope she burnt him alive!" she heard from a rough voice in the back, and then the room was filled with
shouts and laughter.
"I hope Ragnaros tortures his soul forever!"
"Good ridden to that scumbag!"
"He's not even good enough to become a zombie!"

Then the one who must have been in charge yelled "Silence fools!"
"Vanessa wants us to prepare for an infiltration of Stormwind to assassinate some high ranking officials,
including the Prince. She'd like to be ready by next week, so get your acts together scoundrels!"

Eleanora had heard enough, and realized she had better get outta there quickly before she was caught. She heard
some of them opening the door and slamming it to come outside so she ran back to her steed, untied it, and took off.

She was very tired and saw a cave off the side of the road, Jangoload Mine. She figured she might be able to hide
inside there and sleep quietly for awhile.

"What could be in there except rats and spiders? Nothing, who would go in there?" she thought to herself.
She tied the horse and walked into the mine, and after lighting a torch began to wander inwards to find a good resting
spot.

She reached a junction and saw there were several pathways to go, so stood there contemplating if she should head back the way she came when she heard something rustling and knocking over rocks.

She suddenly felt her hair rise as she realized aloud "It's coming towards me!"

Around a corner suddenly it appeared, bathed in a dim light.

"You no take candle!" it screamed with a gurgling voice.
She yelled back "I don't want your candle! Take a torch!"

She quickly smacked it across it's long snout with her torch and then knocked it down with a roundhouse kick, then
turned and ran. She knew that if there was one Kobold in here, there might be hundreds. They congregate in mines and
though they are imbeciles and weak, in large numbers they could overwhelm her.

Around the time she thought she should have reached the exit, she saw she had an even bigger problem...
A giant hungry arachnid!

She instinctively reacted and threw her torch at it, hitting it in the head to an eerie screeching sound.
"Great! Now I can't see!" she yelped.

She turned and moved as quickly back to the junction as she tried holding her hand against the wall, and then noticed the
junction was lit up with several Kobolds standing around muttering something.

She just dashed right past them as fast as she could go, took the turn and within a moment she saw the exterior moonlight of the cave's exit. She mounted and got back on the road, full of adrenaline, feeling very stupid for going into that cave.

She was extremely tired and kept falling asleep on her horse as it galloped down the road. After an hour or so, off on the side she saw another farm, this time it was dark and looked abandoned. So she decided to go up to the barn and open the doorway
to go inside and find some hay or something to sleep on.

After opening the door she was again confronted with something startling, but this time it wasn't moving and it seemed
inanimate.

"Ok ok, it's just a Harvest Reaper, it can't possibly be functional. But maybe... maybe I could use this to guard the barn
while I take a nap?"

She walked over to it and flipped a switch on it's backside, and it came to life and started walking forward, seemingly not
even noticing she was there.

"Cool!" she yelled.
Then suddenly it's torso spun around, it's arms reached out towards her, and it began stomping over to her spot.

"Ummmm?"
It than began flailing it's arms around, and it almost swiped her with it's sharp talons.
She quickly rolled under it's legs, then jumped up and hit the switch back off, but the golem didn't turn off!
It just kept swinging around aimlessly, and marching back and forth.

Eleanora ran out of the barn and shut the door, then led her horse over to the house and took it inside.
"I'm pretty sure it will run outta juice and stop on it's own soon. I don't think it even saw us." she said to her stallion.

She gave her companion a few veggies and then went upstairs, looked around and saw the house was empty. She
sighed a breath of relief and found a spot in the corner to rest, thinking she should get back up by dawn and resume the
journey to Moonbrook.

Several hours later she awoke, and saw it was already around noon...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Lovin this!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just Because....

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Because of the First one!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It was a cold night in Acassia.
The snow fell gently to the ground.
The wind blew swirls of snow about like small whirlpools dancing across the shimmering moonlit hills.
Icicles hung from the trees like sparkling glass chandeliers.

But inside the The Shed it was warm and cozy.
A roaring fire in the large fireplace crackled and set off a flickering glow throughout the festive hall.
Shed folk of all types were gathered and making merry.

Suddenly the large wooden door burst open.
Snow blew in from the wind outside.
Three small beings entered.
The door slammed closed behind them.
They looked all around and then addressed the group of people now standing and staring at the visitors before them.

"Hello" said one. "Has anyone seen jacy?"

-

-

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Flash, I was reading along and then saw the spider, screamed, ran out to collect myself and came back to read the rest. God those things freak me out. Think of Harry Potter's buddy Ron saying, "Can we panic now?" LOL

Nice dragons there Syx!

Awwww, Tom, that was lovely!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

Three small beings entered.
The door slammed closed behind them.
They looked all around and then addressed the group of people now standing and staring at the visitors before them.
"Hello" said one. "Has anyone seen jacy?"

Oh you have me crying as usual you silly you. With your wonderful songs about Acassia and compassion for others, yes where is our lovely Jacy? And others who have grown like mistletoe on my little heart?
Come Home. All of you.

Funny I thought of posting "Some Day in Acassia" today as a little tribute, you read my thoughts.
You in the true spirit of the Shed, together with those with hearts ready to break and reunite in a magnificent puzzle, have encouraged me and many others, I trust, through life's perils.
Thank you.

-

-

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hands Wis an antique lace trimmed hanky to wipe her tears away. All our missing Sheddites know that they will always have this place to come home to. All our lurkers who have never joined, know that they are welcome here and can join in at any time. It is the shed, a place of love and compassion, fun and joy, laughter and tears, magic and enchantment.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join