It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: muzzleflash

To be completely honest, I am NEVER happy with my work no matter how much I edit it. I am perpetually disappointed with it for dozens of reasons. It's just what I see in my mind is never replicated into the physical anywhere near what I envisioned and so many ideas or the way I'll word it when I conjure it simply doesn't survive when I finally put something down into text.

Hmmm, another brilliant Shed writer has made similar statements in the past about her writing which is always entertaining and captivating...
There must be a common thread amongst you writer folks

*turns to go fluttering about the Shed*
"Yooooohoooo"! "Kaelci......."

I think it's the attitude of improvement. When you criticize yourself and whip yourself constantly you always keep setting the goalpost further and further ahead.

And then when you finally reach the goal you turn around and say "I performed very poorly!", and it's easy to find something wrong with it. Lots of something wrong.

For me personally, my 'style' or 'approach' is based on criticisms I had with most novelists and how they write. I don't like it when they spend two pages describing some tiny detail like how a guy is dressed. I would rather leave those things up to the reader to imagine or for the artwork included to convey.

An example from the tale I've written so far, when Liv obtains and puts on her armor suit, instead of describing that in minute detail I enjoyed using artwork created by someone else to express all of those details.

I also greatly prefer the thread format rather than an actual book. I wouldn't ever want to commit to writing an actual book or even an ebook, as I personally prefer creating multiple 'posts' where I can use links to things or photographs/paintings etc. I think these new 'online writing formats' are the future of literature and that although there will always be a place for books in the traditional sense, that's not where the new developments are most likely to occur.

I see this 'thread format' as the place where I can be creative and develop new stylistic approaches, invent new methodologies or innovate small aspects of older styles and methods to produce something somewhat new and unique.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'll add one more thing, my absolute favorite format to write is phone texts. It might sound odd but the way it works is so unique and different that I'm drawn to it.

Only 1 person knows in intimate detail how I did that, and a few people know in minor detail. My plans for the future are to somehow convert the texts to a thread format (which is unbelievably difficult to even consider, due to organizational problems, editing etc).

In terms of texting and creating something I prefer normal phone texting or facebook messenger because I can create these small posts and add pictures (so theoretically moving it to a thread format should be possible while retaining at least some of the 'Spirit' of the original creation).

I have also considered using the facebook updates style, where I'd just create an account for this purpose only and then make updates along these lines to produce something. I don't know much about facebook and all of it's features or options and so even tried it yet, that's still all on the drawing board.

With texting I've written one person a 7 month long story with near-daily additions and another person a 2 month production with near-daily additions. The second one is actually a follow-up of the original one.

In terms of creation potential I don't like "endings", and always see room for more developments. I prefer the open-ended approach that I can add more to every day as I come up with new ideas. So theoretically, for example, this tale I'm writing in this thread could go on forever and I could always add new elements, characters, etc. Another 'never-ending-story' so to speak.

I have actually thought to myself several times in the last few days "aw I'm screwing up Night's thread with my stuff, maybe I should just go put this in it's own thread and continue it there so as to not disrupt or derail what's going on here".

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ok I'm gonna go to the store and then the library and try to finish up the next few segments of this tale (if that's even possible?) and I'm at a cafe having coffee right now.

So hopefully I'll be able to make a few more additions here in the next few hours. I honestly don't wanna do anything today except that, I can't let this stuff fester in my mind all day without expressing it lest it die and I give up outta frustration. I have until 4pm to create something (central time zone) so we'll see what happens!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey there Shedpeeps,

Muzzie - remember to.... breathe! LOL

Well, today... amazingly! on 29th December... in Scotland... I spent a lovely afternoon out in the woods on my own.
Trying out the fancy new hammock that Chrissie got me for Christmas!

It's got a double layer of fabric with a full-length zipper, so you can use it like a mini-tent!
Cool as a cool thing on a cold day, on ice!

How's everyone else doing?

BigG

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hiya Pheonix, John and X!

Flash, I don't think I've met an author yet who is always satisfied with their work. Yes right attitude, just relax and let it flow. You have no idea how many times I have written and then got writer's block and wondered ok, now what? LOL!
Writers are also very humble. Glad to hear that the shed has given you positive energy. It is a magical place and tends to make folks feel better. It is a place of healing, inspiration, laughter and love.

Hiya beautiful Chirp!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ah yes, Gordi the hammock tester! You have your own there I see.
Looks relaxing, but you wouldn't catch me on one in the Winter. BRRRR! We are supposed to get snow. Not sure if it is tonight or all day tomorrow. I'll have to check the weather later.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For those of us experience the cold Season...Think Spring!

edit on 29-12-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night. Did you have a good time?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Mini-tent? That's pretty cool!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Relax, you've got the hang of it. Unlike me, who had to pull my novel off because it received so much bad critic.

You're pretty good, you're a natural at this. Don't force it, forcing it is what screws it up.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Hi Night. Did you have a good time?

I sure did have a good time! My Sister spoils me.

How are you today?

I'm cooking stuffed cabbage. Later if I can deal with it I shall attack my bedroom, sort through all the crap hanging around like bags, boxes, bows tags, all the gifts I recieved and put away the new Christmas cards I just bought. Big beautiful boxed cards, 18 for 2.50 a box!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm back! I finally got internet on. So...here I am.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yay! Missed you Skiddy! Good to see you! How are things?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I sure did have a good time! My Sister spoils me.

Sounds awesome!

How are you today?

Okay, I guess. Well, kinda moody to be honest. I'm currently brooding in fact.

I'm cooking stuffed cabbage. Later if I can deal with it I shall attack my bedroom

Refrain from using heavy artillery; you might need your bedroom later on.

...sort through all the crap hanging around like bags, boxes, bows tags, all the gifts I recieved and put away the new Christmas cards I just bought. Big beautiful boxed cards, 18 for 2.50 a box!

Sounds like a bargain.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
here I am.

Why am I thinking of Brian Adams?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Why are you brooding Hun? It's not mandatory to tell us, but you know you can share things with us here in this sanctuary.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well, some people around take my loyalty for granted and tend to assume that I have no dreams of my own. Additionally, there's the fact that I haven't made anything awesome for awhile. I grew bored of Physics, since no one understands my threads except physicists. Many people enjoy talking about esoteric stuff and see laymen look at them with a clueless expression (makes them feel genius), but I don't. I hate it when no one but physicist understand a word I'm saying. So I'm growing bored from physics. But then I just don't know what to put my mind into anymore. Evolving, making the world a better place, is a primordial drive of mine, I want to shine, but I just don't know in which new direction to put my mind. And I'm finding it hard to concentrate when it's just snowing so much!!! I've gotta use reason to ponder my next moves but my failure to find a solution is upsetting me.

End of rant. Thanks for listening lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hello Shedarians! Woke up very late today. We hauled out a bunch of totes yesterday to the shed. And then took down all the blow-ups. Payin for it now for sure!

Welcome Back Skid!!!

Mmmmm Coffee. Coffee Good!!

edit on 29-12-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hey John. The only way We can make the world better is to land in jail, after we rid the planet of The Elite... Not a very fair trade.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hey, you're supposed to say something like, "Don't worry John, you'll get there someday", or "Love is all you need"! You've got the worst bedside manners ever! lol

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join