It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim students demand prayer rooms in every 'major building'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Muslim students also want “one room in each major building designated for prayer” and “shuttle services to [the local mosque] for Muslim students to have access to a place of worship.”

When it comes to Christian and Jewish belief systems, there is constant pressure to have all things religious banned from the education system. Muslims meanwhile expect more and more accommodations for their belief systems...one room in every building for prayer, and shuttle services, of course...where are the atheist activists when you need them (oh, forgot - they are busy this time of year trying to eradicate Christmas)?

When are we going to stop bending over backwards for a religion that proves time and time again that "all the rest of us" are worth nothing more than being servants for them?

When are the SJWs going to stop their push for the dismantling of Western society?
edit on 24-12-2016 by Uberdoubter because: Minor adjustment.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Praying 5 times a day interrupts work & school time, it singles them out as being "special" and "different". It once again shows the incompatability of people practicing such a faith in a non muslim country.

Before all this pc & bending over backwards to accommodate nonsense, the muslims I went to school with or worked with NEVER made such demands. They kept their religion at home. I recall one girl in discussion who said she was supposed to pray 5 times a day but sometimes she didn't. Often she said she might say a quick prayer in the bathroom she said most prayers were only about 5 mins long so could be done anywhere without disruption or being noticed. She said she regularly prayed on the bus home!

Now we have liberalism and politcal correctness (incorrectness) catering to the 1%

These people knew when the emigrated to a non muslim country that our cultures were totally different. They knew there would be difficulties and non acceptance of certain aspects of their religion which is their culture, but they still chose to come. They accommodated and made allowances knowing that the country they were emigrating to was mainly Christian.

Now they still come in droves because of our ridiculously liberal views as they know their every whim will be acted upon out of fear of the dreaded over-used racist word

They want equality that means ALL treated fairly and equally the same, it does not mean special privileges such as taking 6 weeks holiday for a Haj

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The whole PC thing is directed at freedom of speech and free association of ideas. It begins wth hot subjects like sex and religion, directed primarily at Universities and Social Media, but will eventually 'blossom' into full blown censorship. We already see it happening. One day all YouTube videos, will state:

"Comments section for this video are disabled".

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Methinks these colleges and universities will have to become 100% private funded and the new Trump Admin is not
going to be putting federal money in those institutions that spend money on appeasing the "demands" of their students. When students have to foot 100% of the bill for their demands, then you will see real growth in those students. Welcome to the real world buttercups.........
edit on 24-12-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Swills

Why do I care what college kids are doing these days?

Because in a very short time these children are going to be the leaders of this, and I'm sure, other countries--or some will be anyway... Certainly they will be helping shape society.

That's why I care what college kids are doing these days. Though most will, or so it's to be most fervently hoped for, grow out of it and join the rest of us in the real world...some, however, will not. Those will cause no end of issues in the future.

The ones who waste their time on these types of "issues" (and I use that term very loosely) aren't the ones that are going to end up in charge of anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Students at the University of Maryland have released a list of 64 demands in their effort make the campus more amenable to "Marginalized, American Indian, Black, Latinx, LGBTQIA+, Muslim, Pro-Palestine, and Undocumented" students.

Is it just me, or are letters being added on a weekly basis to the LGBT label. I honestly have no idea what the "I", the "A" or the "+" are supposed to stand for. To save everybody time and effort, why not just contract this to NH (non heterosexual)?

...scholarships for “students of marginalized communities,” a ban on Columbus Day, beginning every on-campus event with an acknowledgement that “this is Indigenous Land,” that African American professors get tenure, that preferred pronouns are included on rosters, and that “queer diversity training” is required

This an interesting mix of nutty demands, entertaining to a degree as well...until one realizes that these kids are likely actually serious.

If I were a parent of any of these kids, I would only have one demand. Knock it off, concentrate on your studies, or next Semester's Tuition cheque is going to bounce.

Muslim students also want “one room in each major building designated for prayer” and “shuttle services to [the local mosque] for Muslim students to have access to a place of worship.”

When it comes to Christian and Jewish belief systems, there is constant pressure to have all things religious banned from the education system. Muslims meanwhile expect more and more accommodations for their belief systems...one room in every building for prayer, and shuttle services, of course...where are the atheist activists when you need them (oh, forgot - they are busy this time of year trying to eradicate Christmas)?

More Campus Craziness

As College administrations and professors continue to slide left, they react to, and try to accommodate, even more left and loony students...safe spaces, play dough, stress dogs, no grade systems, speech control including the pronoun police, etc... One has to wonder what will have to happen before the grown ups will finally insist that students, I don't know, focus on learning their chosen field of study.

Careful sir. You are about to get called racist from every angle.

I agree with you, it's ridiculous

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

When are we going to stop bending over backwards for a religion that proves time and time again that "all the rest of us" are worth nothing more than being servants for them?

When are the SJWs going to stop their push for the dismantling of Western society?

If the game is to reduce all the adherents of a religion into a distillation derived solely from the worst examples, I suppose the Christians get to be defined by Hitler and Timothy McVeigh.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Good lord, I thought the demands thing had died, seems its alive and looking to kick us.

It really is about time that we put a HUGE foot down on Islamic demands, especially from the radical side, its bad enough these education system are already breeding grounds for radicalisation (a fact..No if's or but's) and continues to supply an ever growing army of radicals.

This is why I am an atheist, religion has for me only served to prove why we don't need it, remember, I'm from Belfast and was caught in the middle of two feuding religions hence we left and came to England. Sadly the so called religion of peace has become over run by Radicals and the peaceful Muslims now face a barrage of hate from within to be more radical.

These demands will simply escalate if given in to, history has proved that. We need to simply say NO, you are the only religion wanting this and we won't be obliging any other religion bar the one that is commonly accepted here and even then it will be no special favours!

Buses to the Mosque.....What an unfunny JOKE.

Seriously, we need to stop the radicals dead in they step, it really is time to say there's places that accept your wishes, go to them if this is what you want but you won't be getting it here.

Thank goodness my Muslim in laws are nothing like these entitlement cretins..

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Simple economics: will the school lose more revenue by not complying than would be spent converting a few closets and unused office space?

Im a "path of least resistance" kind of guy. Its just easier sometimes to placate people so they can be free to shut up and go away.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What are they doing now for prayer spaces and bus rides to the mosque? They can find a quiet corner in the library to pray in or go back to their dorm room. Do they need to pray head-down-tail-up? Apparently not. Why not have the mosque send shuttles or take the city bus?
Alternatively, there is Umm Al-Qura University in Mecca that has all the things they "demand."

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Obama better get right on this...We don't want any trouble.
Yah he's only got a few more days left. He might have to get out his mighty pen and make another kingly decree.
edit on 25-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Simple economics: will the school lose more revenue by not complying than would be spent converting a few closets and unused office space?

Im a "path of least resistance" kind of guy. Its just easier sometimes to placate people so they can be free to shut up and go away.

This is not going to go away. They don't even have to pray during the day. My ex used to pray in the morning go to work then pray extra when he got home. No problem they may not like it but it's doable. Also I doubt their college days are as long as a typical work day.
As long as people give in there are going to be more demands after.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

If the game is to reduce all the adherents of a religion into a distillation derived solely from the worst examples, I suppose the Christians get to be defined by Hitler and Timothy McVeigh.
Oh stop! Hitler wasnt Christian, certainly not in the context of What real Christians believe and well Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden are Christian too but believe in killing the unborn. Hitler was actually associated with the Illuminati who infected the Mason's as far back as 1776. Besides it is now known that Hitler actually had Jewish dna.
edit on 25-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
ITT: People throw hate at poeople for having awareness groups, completely missing the pint their outrage is why such groups need to exit in the first place.

Sorry but why do any of you give a #? You come across as a load of ultra-right wing nazi #s. You have a go at others for raising issues while moaning from behind a screen, quit being an oxegen theif and shoot yourself. If something like this honestly winds you up as much as you portray in this thread you clearly have no life, are sick bitter and twisted people and wont be missed when you die.

I bet not a single one of you even knows what a prayer room is they're so unnoticable and open to anyone and everyone.

Sorry for the rant but I thought the KKK were meant to be extinct

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: mobiusmale

About the LGBTQRSTXYZDSBMKNL.....

They should just call it what it really is... EBSM - everybody but straight men.

I'm a straight male and have never been anything but welcomed by these groups because 1) I don't act a complete and utter # to them and judge people based on race, gender colour and creed and b) most people are good people, don't go in with a massive chip on your shoulder and hate slogans and they may treat you with a bit of respect - it goes both ways.
Yah well
Guess what buddy...it was the atheists and secular humanists of the Progressive movement who wanted prayer OUT of every classroom like it or not so now they get to lie in the bed they made!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Its simple economics.

I've employed Muslims before. Getting them out before nightfall during Ramadan? No problem at all...just need to communicate in advance so i can accomodate.

We just let them use an empty conference room or training room. The same room we'd use for breastfeeding moms. Accomodating people isn't difficult at all. You really don't even have to try. You just have to try to not be confrontational. And what i've found: my accomodation was appreciated, and added value to the employee's performance.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its simple economics.

I've employed Muslims before. Getting them out before nightfall during Ramadan? No problem at all...just need to communicate in advance so i can accomodate.

We just let them use an empty conference room or training room. The same room we'd use for breastfeeding moms. Accomodating people isn't difficult at all. You really don't even have to try. You just have to try to not be confrontational. And what i've found: my accomodation was appreciated, and added value to the employee's performance.

Aw, man? There you go spouting that common sense again!
A Merry Christmas to you!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Tough task, huh?

Much to do about not a whole lot. Tempest in a teapot.

Oddly enough, the SDA college here has made accommodations available for Muslim students on campus for just such a purpose.

Which shocked the Holy Spirit outta me... I didn't even know they allowed Muslims to attend, much less make accommodation for 'em... More power to them, I say.

I didn't know this 'til I got curious and asked.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Obama better get right on this...We don't want any trouble.

He better hurry, his time is short!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

He spoke often of his christian faith...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Meant to be a reply to testing testing
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
edit on 26-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join