It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim students demand prayer rooms in every 'major building'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
These kids never got to eat at the adults table on holidays at family gatherings, that much is pretty evident. It won't get better, it can only get worse.

I bet your own parents had one or two negative observations about your own generation back in younger days.
The world is constantly changing, you can't expect kids/young adults to have same views/ values like they did 50 years ago.
You can scream snowflake, safe space, sjw, liberals, all you want but that won't change a damn thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

You can scream snowflake, safe space, sjw, liberals, all you want but that won't change a damn thing.

Very true.

Usually time and experience changes those things.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The colleges made this monstrosity over decades.....

I hope it eats them ....

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yeah colleges have definitely helped create this type of thinking. I think it is kind of stupid and rude to demand a prayer room at a college, especially in every main building. They know that it will cause controversy and thats exactly why they make it seem like such an outrageous demand. Dont get me wrong, if a college already has set aside designated areas for prayer for other religions, then I could totally see why they would demand a room. If there is no others then clearly they are trolling.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reboot23

I say don't give them anything. Why should we? They're here to INTEGRATE WITH US! Not for US to give in to their unreasonable DEMANDS. Their religion belongs either at home or at an official site only. Christians don't make a display of their rites, rituals nor ask for "special" accommodations. Whatever their "prayer schedule" is, it's their problem, not to be made OUR problem, not to be imposed on anyone who wants nothing to do with it, nor be forced to have any part of their life impacted by it.

There are 24 whole hours in a day, usually eight hours of work or school time, which leaves plenty of time to arrange their schedule so as not to interfere with others. If they're EVER going to learn to get along with others, they start by accepting the RIGHTS of others, NOT by imposing their unacceptable will on them...which with Americans will NOT work. Learning HOW to get along with others is the ONLY way FORWARD for them. If they do not want to integrate, or abide by our mores I'm sure the way to the nearest border can be mapped out for them. Otherwise, ces't la vie! Learn to live with it.

We're engaged in building civilization UP, not regressing back to stagnant cave dwelling barbarism.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: mobiusmale

It's time to end this ridiculous PC madness.

Who gives a rat's ass what the students demand?!

College administrators should talk to the student's parents - they are the ones that pay the bills. If they do that, I guarantee this nonsense will be gone/off like a prom dress.

I'm getting disgusted by how often I have to get disgusted lately...

I've been finding myself slightly cynical as of late. But it comes when you witness the pc madness too often. At some point you either laugh or cry. (OR both and in no specific order.)

edit on rd2016000000Fridayrd000000Fri, 23 Dec 2016 04:06:15 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Dec 2016 04:06:15 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Every single one of the students making these demands should be expelled.
edit on 23/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I've got this really radical idea. Lets start sending young people through higher education so that they can concentrate on getting qualifications that will be useful to help them find employment when they leave.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

one has to wonder how the moslem students will handle thier mandatory " queeer diversity training " - i cannot see this ending at all well

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

one has to wonder how the moslem students will handle thier mandatory " queeer diversity training " - i cannot see this ending at all well

A bit off topic but Moslem is the way it is spelled in South Africa and I thought you were in the UK?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I am sure Trump will be all over this demands and will grand them their wishes.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Wait ... if they get prayer rooms, then Christians need to demand chapels in every building.

You missed the memo...this isn't stuff for YOU it is stuff for THEM. YOU are not THEM so THEY don't care. YOU are luck YOU are allowed to occupy THEIR space.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Why do people care what college students are doing? You know, if people spent their energy focusing on our corrupt politicians and their donors, both R & D, instead of what 18 year olds are doing then this country might start making some progress into removing corruption from our political system, you know, draining the swamp.

Well...lets see. Maybe because these same freaks will one day run the country, and if they believe everyone gets a trophy and that everyone deserves special treatment, they will either die of fright and shame or Putin's son will overrun America.

And on that note...I'm sorry but I must be the first to reclaim a word. I declare that it is now perfectly acceptable to refer to these people as PUSSIES!

Ahhhhh...that felt good!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yeah well...i demand £1,000,000.00 to be deposited in every room of my home...i don't think i'll get that either.

Perhaps if i ask really nicely instead of being a petulant, demanding git?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why is it that some people work so hard to get me to dehumanise and hate Muslims? What's in it for them, anyway?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

They're doing a pretty good job of it themselves generally.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Why is it that some people work so hard to get me to dehumanise and hate Muslims? What's in it for them, anyway?

So ya gots no problem with radical muslims?

Coz that's what they are.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Some christians need to hear that as well.

Just because you have the right to a belief doesn't give you the right to force it upon others.

I agree.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

With the Boomers dying off, the only thing left for us Gen Xers is to bitch and moan about millenials.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

So ya gots no problem with radical muslims?
Coz that's what they are.

What kind of kool-aid are you drinking? First-off, the 'demands' of the Muslim students have been cherry picked out of a bigger list encompassing all kinds of wants by students who feel marginalised. What makes these 'radical Muslims'?
Secondly, my university has had prayer rooms for Muslims for well over a decade. You know what kind of grief that has caused?
None.
So, once again, who are these people that want me to hate Muslims? Don't you want to know who's been playing you? And why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join