It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You tell me. So you think you can hand out jihad pamphlets?

I am not saying it's "constitutional" but rather certain things are considered for public safety.

Same reason I can't bring a machine gun to the park.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

That is additional info. Thank you.

If he said that he maybe in deep doo doo.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: luthier

Pics and all

link

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
You tell me. So you think you can hand out jihad pamphlets?

Define 'jihad pamphlet'.

I am not saying it's "constitutional" but rather certain things are considered for public safety.

Same reason I can't bring a machine gun to the park.

In some states you can walk around in public with semi-automatic firearms. Bad example.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: JimiBlack

That is my point.

It's why I keep saying should we consider fake beheadings of soldiers say to the children of kia soldiers, recruiting stations, or soldiers returning home free speech?

Most people were willing to explain away the racist stuff but not soldiers or jihadis handing out pamphlets.

That's the thing that pisses me off. My family on both sides has served this country from WWII up to this very day. 3 generations. And most taking up for this racist $#!& under the guise of free speech really burns my ass when most of those condoning this coward behavior never had family that served or served themselves. 3 generations of serving this country and still disrespected and called primates. May God help the unlucky soul that wastes his freedom of speech by disrespecting me in that manner.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Not a machine gun though. That's not semi auto. So no good example. Grenades? Mines? What are arms? Is it OK to define things or no?

Jihad pamphlet. Why does it matter according to you its protected. He could say meet me to help plot the destruction and attacks on American soil right? It's protected?
edit on 22-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That's silly.

He could say meet me to help plot the destruction and attacks on American soil right? It's protected?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Not a machine gun though. That's not semi auto. So no good example

Open carry of long guns is legal in many states, I do not see any restrictions on fully automatic weapons.

Jihad pamphlet. Why does it matter according to you its protected. He could say meet me to help plot the destruction and attacks on American soil right? It's protected?

Solicitation to commit terrorists acts is not protected free speech.

'Join me in the jihad' or something along those lines is protected.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

That is my point.

It's why I keep saying should we consider fake beheadings of soldiers say to the children of kia soldiers, recruiting stations, or soldiers returning home free speech?

Most people were willing to explain away the racist stuff but not soldiers or jihadis handing out pamphlets.

That's the thing that pisses me off. My family on both sides has served this country from WWII up to this very day. 3 generations. And most taking up for this racist $#!& under the guise of free speech really burns my ass when most of those condoning this coward behavior never had family that served or served themselves. 3 generations of serving this country and still disrespected and called primates. May God help the unlucky soul that wastes his freedom of speech by disrespecting me in that manner.

In all fairness, the gorilla man was disrespecting people that band together based on race and express how proud they are to be that race. That there is racism. No all-white group could do the same without being called racist. Now I look at your chosen name and am I wrong to assume that you don't identify yourself based on your race?

I won't lie. I am a racist. I get annoyed with people that are proud of their race. I suppose that is because I am what some people call a hienz 57. So as far as I am concerned, black, white, brown, yellow... your all racists.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I have been called every name in the book.

I don't care. I was taught not to worry about what is said, but what is done.

For me, it still is stick and stones.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So there are limits to free speech. Thought so.

What about I am going to kill your mom, I know where she lives, she owes me money is that free speech?

Dude you can't just do and say whatever you want. I apreciate you regardless of your contempt for me. Your a smart person but freedom of speech can be limited. This kid was most likely saying stuff to people. He admitted to purposely trying to start a conflict.

Rocket launchers? Can I cary grenades? Do we ever interpret the constitution or is it just cut and dry?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Strawman. No one here said that there were no limits. However dressing up as a gorilla and acting racist is protected free speech.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's a little different when your grandmother could have been in lynching post cards though right? Or your uncle died because the us governement was purposely letting the stages of siphulis kill the people, even with a cure, to see what happens? (Up into the 60's), or the hey were pumping radiation in your air ducts to see what happens, or your mom couldn't use a drinking fountain.

At some point you have to consider history and how to make society more homogenous.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

What about I am going to kill your mom, I know where she lives, she owes me money is that free speech?

Dude you can't just do and say whatever you want. I apreciate you regardless of your contempt for me. Your a smart person but freedom of speech can be limited. This kid was most likely saying stuff to people. He admitted to purposely trying to start a conflict.

Rocket launchers? Can I cary grenades? Do we ever interpret the constitution or is it just cut and dry?

You just uttered threats of violence. Do you really need to be told the difference?

FML.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well of course it there is limits to free speech.

The question is was the gorilla masked banana rope grabbing fool had the freedom to so his little demonstration?

If he said this was to have someone get violent with him, well that is a different story.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What about handing out nooses and saying you should hang from trees?

You said.
He does not have to say anything, the law protects 'symbolic expression' as well as verbal.

I was clearly saying he was probably saying some stuff to these people that was threatening. Going by him admitting he was doing it to get a physical reaction.

So this is actually clearly not free speech if he admitted the purpose was to create physical altercation.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: JimiBlack

That is my point.

In all fairness, the gorilla man was disrespecting people that band together based on race and express how proud they are to be that race. That there is racism. No all-white group could do the same without being called racist. Now I look at your chosen name and am I wrong to assume that you don't identify yourself based on your race?

I won't lie. I am a racist. I get annoyed with people that are proud of their race. I suppose that is because I am what some people call a hienz 57. So as far as I am concerned, black, white, brown, yellow... your all racists.
You know nothing about me and to me racial "pride" is as stupid as being proud of having fingernails and Black Americans are not monolithic. Did you read my previous post concerning BLM? Most of us Black Americans give zero f@&#$ about that ragtag outfit. They don't represent me or MOST Black Americans. And by the way, my paternal grandfather's father was White and both of my great-grandmothers had Cherokee ancestry. So you have nothing on me with the Heinz 57 thing, and not to mention my wife of 15 years is White and our 2 daughters are the product of our union. You say you're a racist? Cool for you. Just don't get in my lane with that.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

No I don't. If you followed my posts I already made this statement.

My point is freedom of speech has limits.

Others said no. Augustus seemed to imply that there is no fighting words clause.

I may have misinterpreted him. But yeah you can't just say anything as free speech.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Strawman. No one here said that there were no limits. However dressing up as a gorilla and acting racist is protected free speech.

false statements of fact are an exception from protection of free speech

The crucial question is whether the manner of expression is basically incompatible with the normal activity of a particular place at a particular time."

In order to overcome the intermediate scrutiny test, it must be shown that the law or policy being challenged furthers an important government interest by means that are substantially related to that interest.

So unless you think the monkey statement is politically substantial, it falls under the category of racism.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I have been called every name in the book.

I don't care. I was taught not to worry about what is said, but what is done.

For me, it still is stick and stones.
When your mother and grandmothers have told you of the things they've experienced the way mine has, then we can talk that sticks and stones crap. You have no clue if you or yours have never worn the shoes. I don't turn the other cheek. Never have, never will.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join