It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: luthier

Ultimately it boils down to the story.

Does the idiot in the mask have the right to wear a mask and hold fruit,(freedom of speech)?

Does the BLM have the right to punch him cause it hurt their sensibilities?

If the riot starts because of non violent activity from the ass hat in the mask, who started the riot?

If the BLM member riot, why is that a natural outcome to seeing a costume and fruit?

no, the idiot does not have the right to wear a mask and hold a piece of fruit in this situation, and NO the BLM protester does not have a right to punch the idiot.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Answer my specific example and stop being a coward.

link   
the key thing about civil rights, it's the word "Civil" which makes it complete.

link   
a reply to: Jahari

Makes for a crappy Halloween. Must have patty wagons full of kids?

link   
a reply to: veracity

It's the noose that is the largest issue.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Ahhh, you finally said it.

He does in fact have the right. And when the courts get done, he will walk away a free boy. You are thinking what you don't like shouldn't be allowed, or outlawed. You are wrong, and you can't and won't see it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

thank you odz, seasonal...look up the word "civil" as well to help you further understand.

link   

originally posted by: veracity
[
no, the idiot does not have the right to wear a mask and hold a piece of fruit in this situation, and NO the BLM protester does not have a right to punch the idiot.

I see 7 pages later and you still have not addressed my post.

If a person cannot dress up like an gorilla and act like a racist asshole how come the Klan still gets to play dress up in public and act like racist assholes?

link   

Your right I'm afraid, repeat your question pretty please.

Answer my specific example and stop being a coward.

link   

originally posted by: omniEther

Stalking Harassment and inciting a riot What if you're mom was strangled and raped can I imitate her screams for help and make fun of her in front of you face while you sit there looking like an idiot you only have two options violence or call the cops

If I am in public you can.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Ahhh, you finally said it.

He does in fact have the right. And when the courts get done, he will walk away a free boy. You are thinking what you don't like shouldn't be allowed, or outlawed. You are wrong, and you can't and won't see it.

I can tell you aren't a lawyer

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Jahari

Makes for a crappy Halloween. Must have patty wagons full of kids?

How bout you read for yourself?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I don't know if that is outlawed of not, if it is I can see the reason. Is it illegal to hold a banana in a noose while wearing a gorilla mask? Sounds silly.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

What does public expression have to do with personal opinion?

In your statement I could go hand out jihadI pamphlets on campus

Public expression is usually a manifestation of personal opinion. I didn't think that part had to be explained.

Jihad pamphlets incite violence. They usually tell believers to go out and commit acts of violence. Therefore, jihad pamphlets would fall under threats of violence, conspiracy to commit terrorism, and inciting violence. It disturbs me, that I have to explain that too.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why?

What about handing out jihad pamphlets?

How about targetting army recruitment centers and setting up fake soldier beheadings?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So there are limits?

What about fake beheadings of soldiers by non jihadis. Is that what freedom of speech is for?

Do you know what this guy said handing out nooses to black people?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I can tell you're not a lawyer, or if you are, not a very good one.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution protects speech no matter how offensive its content. Speech codes adopted by government-financed state colleges and universities amount to government censorship, in violation of the Constitution. And the ACLU believes that all campuses should adhere to First Amendment principles because academic freedom is a bedrock of education in a free society.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If you wanted to dress up in a gorilla suit holding a banana to have a coffe at Starbucks then you are not breaking any laws. If you include the noose...well, that's up for debate.

However, if you do these things at a BLM rally...it is discrimination.

Do you understand now, it's the context as to why you did what you did that must be taken into consideration.

All of this will be hashed out in the courts.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Technically FAKE soldier beheadings (while vile) should be protected speech as long as it is proven that the actions are FAKE. As long as no direct threats are made, it is a legal expression of opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor
Please don't use my own insults against me and please get out of the habit of cherry-picking legal jargon to prove a point.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join