It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I was referring to this country in a time relevant to today not in all of history. I can include jews in Germany sure there are still people alive effected by those events.

Did these cultures have a model like the us constitution or was it all tyrannical kingstates?

Are we going to go apples for apples or do you want to make it apples and submarines because that is what your doing.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

It's the gave to face threat man. It's not the symbolism.

Go ahead and hand trump a burning trump doll and say your going to die, see what happens.
edit on 22-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Is it just me or I dunno, I would rather associate myself as an Ape and not a reptile. (you know 13 bloodlines etc.)

Whether that makes sense or not, perhaps in a few years it will. So toss me that Banana in the meantime.

Im just Saiyan

On a slightly more serious note, Racism should have been a thing of the past. But it was BLM and mainstream media that brought it back to life.
Should the man be charged for it? No
But I think the man was trying to make a point in his own way. I highly doubt it has anything to do with racism, but rather people getting fed up for being called racist when they are not.

People sometimes get fed up enough that they usually end up doing the very thing they are accused of just to send a message.

Morgan Freeman is a Wise man, he knows how to end racism. "Stop talking about it." but mainstream media and BLM will continue to talk about it. Why? Because they actually want acts of racism to take place.

Problem Reaction Solution

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
I'm not racist, but........ I do find this story to be quite funny, and quite sad all at the same time.

Said it before I will say it again, almost everytime someone says "I'm not racist but" some racist ass # comes out there mouth.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yeah it's free speech, but the guy is a complete moron, and a disgusting human being while he's at it. No difference between this kind of BS and the Westboro idiots.

Shouting 'free speech' as an excuse to make yourself look like a despicable, disgusting moron is utterly pathetic. The best thing they could have done is kept it out of the media, as he's obviously desperate for attention.

How the hell these people still exist in 2016 is beyond me. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

On a slightly more serious note, Racism should have been a thing of the past. But it was BLM and mainstream media that brought it back to life. Should the man be charged for it? No But I think the man was trying to make a point in his own way. I highly doubt it has anything to do with racism, but rather people getting fed up for being called racist when they are not. People sometimes get fed up enough that they usually end up doing the very thing they are accused of just to send a message.

Really???.. BLM bought it back to life, so before then, when one of the founding member's family got killed by a cop who was unharmed, there were no racism?? that somehow it just vanished and everyone was living in a post racial utopia, naaw bro, it wasn't so by a long shot, it began to become more overt almost immediately before Obama took his oath, that monkey thing was a staple of racist that infiltrated the Tea party, remember those guys?? all the talk of being P.C is about not having push back over saying certain words like Ni...r ..they cried ooh but but blk ppl get to say it so why can't I, but more seriously Nazis and white supremacist were infiltrating the police force the FBI put out a warning about it as far back as 2006, BLM didn't exist then. and with all respect due to Morgan Freeman not addressing it won't make it go away, the question you should be asking why the heck millennials get caught up in being Nazi/white supremacist, simple they learnt it from their parents and their parents learnt it from them, ask your self why is it a unattractive official get to call

West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘Ape In Heels’ Gets Her Job Back

www.huffingtonpost.com...
This is in comparison to Trump's wife, who showed up in nude lesbian photo shoot yrs, back, Michelle who have an education and smart classy , beautiful at- least in my opinion, vs her self who manage an high school education but some how landed a job that required a PHD, before then she was into cosmetics..yet Michelle is the unclassy ape in heals???
Note I have nothing against lesbians or nudes pics of them, but imagine the massive hypocrisy if had she been Michelle Obama, that alone would be an instantaneous disqualifier yet she is the classy one.
Again I am done giving racist Nazis elbow room or breathing space.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The guy is dumber than a bag of coal but he should be allowed to be openly racist like this if gets a kick out of it...pathetic and petty as it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: JimiBlack

That is my point.

It's why I keep saying should we consider fake beheadings of soldiers say to the children of kia soldiers, recruiting stations, or soldiers returning home free speech?

Most people were willing to explain away the racist stuff but not soldiers or jihadis handing out pamphlets.

That's the thing that pisses me off. My family on both sides has served this country from WWII up to this very day. 3 generations. And most taking up for this racist $#!& under the guise of free speech really burns my ass when most of those condoning this coward behavior never had family that served or served themselves. 3 generations of serving this country and still disrespected and called primates. May God help the unlucky soul that wastes his freedom of speech by disrespecting me in that manner.

In all fairness, the gorilla man was disrespecting people that band together based on race and express how proud they are to be that race. That there is racism. No all-white group could do the same without being called racist. Now I look at your chosen name and am I wrong to assume that you don't identify yourself based on your race?

I won't lie. I am a racist. I get annoyed with people that are proud of their race. I suppose that is because I am what some people call a hienz 57. So as far as I am concerned, black, white, brown, yellow... your all racists.
You know nothing about me and to me racial "pride" is as stupid as being proud of having fingernails

Could not agree more. Being proud of your skin colour, something you had no say in, is about as idiotic as one can get.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This guy deserves all he gets. Free speech? Yes. But free speech has consequences in any civilised society. The idiot who did this is no better than the idiots on the left who incited violence at Trump rallies. Sooner or later people will come to realise that 'free speech' is not a blank cheque to do and say whatever you want to say without consequences.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The hypocrisy over First Lady Michelle is even worse than that. Remember how outraged they were when she first started showing her arms? But apparently Melania's nude and near nude photos are completely acceptable.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

There will always be people that learn to be racist. When race is brought to the forefront showing these differences it will create more racists. Here is the irony failure to acknowledge racism views can and do change. I'm a white guy I married a black woman we went through a couple of problems with acceptance. For example her parents no other way to put it they were racist. However the comments and the jabs were ignored in fact she stopped talking to them for about 5 years. Eventually they wanted to change things so we invited them to my sons birthday. He was 3 at the time and they came and they left realizing I loved there daughter and was a good dad. They started wanting to get more involved in our lives the comments stopped now they may still hate white people who knows but I guess I get a pass. They even will call me if they need help with something. Sometimes I think focusing on the differences doesn't allow you to see the similarities. I'm not a black man but I'm not a white man I am just a man a father and a husband. Trying to compare me to a black man isn't fair since its something I can never be but I can be lots of things so why do people want to focus on things they cant be.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The hypocrisy over First Lady Michelle is even worse than that. Remember how outraged they were when she first started showing her arms? But apparently Melania's nude and near nude photos are completely acceptable.

The problem is that I can't remember a single person on the left defending Melania when she was criticised. I don't recall anyone on the left condemning those that incited violence at Trump rallies. You see, this hypocrisy cuts both ways. So, until people actually start to reason beyond the lens of political ideology, throwing out the hypocrisy accusation is rather moot.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
OK...I get it. The guy was an ass and asked for what he got. But lets revisit equality shall we. Sorry...but I have to spell this out to make my point.

1. 18 year old dons an ape mask and tempts black people with a banana implying black people are monkeys/apes. This is insulting because he is implying they are closer to apes than whites, dumber than humans, etc.

2. Another person burns an American flag implying they hate either the US government, the American citizens or both.

3. A black crowd marches and chants about killing police to "get even". Implied or suggestion for the committing of murder of police...and then later...some people supporting this group actually commit the murder of police.

4. A university "professor" preaches to a class calling the elected President a "terrorist" and a "racist". The "racist" charge is simply a lie but the "terrorist" claim means more. I would assume that a terrorist isn't a terrorist until they commit an act of terror...therefore...killing an innocent person. In that case...that is a lie. So dislike and lies.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment. So what was the result?

1. Charges in court.
2. Nothing...look the other way.
3. Nothing (against those asking for the murders)...dead police (including black police)
4. Not even fired.

THAT is where I have a problem. Someone starts a fire in public (dangerous) and insults and/or threatens Americans...a mob of thugs calls for the murder of police and gets it...and a "professor" calls the elected President a terrorist and a racist from a position (teacher) where she is dictating to students (some of whose school is paid with our dollars) and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS DONE!

I guy in an ape mask acts like an idiot and offers people bananas to insult them. CRIMINAL CHARGES.

Is it just me or has the whole freakin' world lost it's collective mind?????
edit on 12/23/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

With regards to (4) opn your list you are conviniently forgetting that the political right of the USA spends eight years trying to insinuate that the first black president wasn't born in the USA and may be a muslim (like that mattered) and some kind of Manchurian candidate sponsoring terrorism and trying to bring about the downfall of the USA (and one of them is now the president-elect - not even fired.....)

No.3 is abhorrent - that is true, but there are people here trying to justify a white guy in a monkey suit taunting black people with banana's as free speech and suggesting that the two should be linked is kind of ironic in terms of cause and effect.

As for the flag burning at No.2 - at the end of the day its a coloured piece of cloth. Yes, it may represent something to you - that's your prerogative- but burning a flag does not, in any way, shape or form equate to suggesting that people are less than human.

One is a political statement about disagreement with policies and direction, the other is dehumanisation.

There is a big, big difference.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
What about handing out nooses and saying you should hang from trees?

Offensive but protected. No one makes you take anything from another person.

You said.
He does not have to say anything, the law protects 'symbolic expression' as well as verbal.

I did not say that, the Supreme Court said that as was indicated in the link you sourced. I happen to agree with them.

I was clearly saying he was probably saying some stuff to these people that was threatening. Going by him admitting he was doing it to get a physical reaction.

So this is actually clearly not free speech if he admitted the purpose was to create physical altercation.

The act of dressing up as a gorilla and attempting to pass out bananas is protected and that is what is being argued.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
So unless you think the monkey statement is politically substantial, it falls under the category of racism.

You are citing the government's ability (in your unsourced links) to suppress free speech, not how a private citizen can interact with other private citizens.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
I highly doubt it has anything to do with racism, but rather people getting fed up for being called racist when they are not.

If you do not think a white guy dressing up as a gorilla and trying to hand black people bananas is not a racist instigation then you are utterly deluded.

But we all kind of knew that already.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Again I am done giving racist Nazis elbow room or breathing space.

You have made your position and intent quite clear. Just make sure you don't run into someone like me. I know the mad masher story. I was there. And I could pound you into a fine powder and there is nothing you could do about it. All the chest thumping is fine until you get your ass handed to you. And then I bet you run crying 'racist' when you get beat down.

Every time I see someone burn a flag I want to reach down their throat and rip out their spine. That is two separate and distinct problems . One is he has the right to burn the flag. The other is he has no spine. If he had one he might man up and find a better way of expressing himself.

Free speech is exactly that - free speech. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. Promoting violence to stop someone from saying things you don't like - that is wrong. And people have been fighting to defend that right for a long time. Don't expect that to stop just because you got your little feelings hurt.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Following your lead and going backward.

4. I don't remember a University Professor, paid employee who is partially paid by our tax dollars preaching to students that Obama was not born in the USA, and was a Muslim plant with the goal of destroying America. But I do remember stories of people being fired for sending jokes implying that.

3. Are you implying that it is OK to kill cops if the cops were to wear a gorilla mask and hang out bananas? It may seem ironic to YOU but black people (BLM) called for the death of cops...other black people listened and then murdered police officers. If you find that LINK ironic...I don't know what else to say.

2. And the mask and banana were rubber and fruit. And considering number 3...maybe some of them are less than human. Yes...the majority aren't but believe it or not...but you think insult a group is worse than insulting a country full of people? What about a Catholic waving a dead baby doll at a pro-life (which I am) group? Would there be charges then??? How about a Muslim burning an effigy of a President Bush? And if that is OK...how about hanging an effigy of President Obama?

Bottom line is this. If you want fair, if you want equality...I agree. If everyone is treated fairly and equal we would have fewer problems. But putting one person in jail for a mask and a group calling for murder is left untouched...that is far from equality.

We will just have to disagree I guess. I believe in REAL equality. Not the liberal version.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Stupid moronic fool.

They should have stuck that Banana where the Sun don't shine!

Ah well if the idiot receives any gaol im sure there will be plenty of big Gorillas waving there Bananas in his direction.

edit on 23-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join