It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another stray..this time a puppy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I got an early Christmas present! One that I didn't expect..but is one of the best I've gotten in a few years.

(needs a bath..but it's way too cold right now)

This little guy showed up on my doorstep yesterday. We are keeping him in a heated barn until I can get him to the vet and checked out properly. Don't wanna have him around my other dogs until then. He has a collar and is still a pup. Not sure what type of breed he is so if anyone could help with that..and unsure how old he is..but he is a little ball of energy and doesn't seem to have been a stray too long...

As some of you know..this has been an ongoing thing for me..5-6 dogs this year so far have come up to my door seeking refuge..and I like to do threads on them because no matter what happens to the dog,at least I'll have something to remember them. It was negative temperatures here these last few nights...so I dunno if he would've survived on his own out in the elements being so young.

Not a bad Christmas present at all in my book...either I get a new addition to my family (although I'm trying NOT to get attached) or I get to help save him and get him back to his family. Happy to do either one.

Merry Christmas everyone!
blend57

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Thank god he landed at your doorstep. You must have a heart of gold to keep helping those pups. He looks to be pittbull/terrier mix. I sure hope your able to find a forever home for him, he sure is cute. If this keeps happening to you, perhaps something or someone is trying to tell you to start a shelter, lol. But in all fairness, maybe you should start a gofundme page to offset some of the costs of being so caring. God bless you- the world needs more angels like yourself.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Animals seem to know , who will take them in.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
OMG he is adorable! I hope everything checks out at the vet, and if you don't keep him, find his parents, or a good home.

Your not in MI are you? I would be tempted to put my name in the hat for adoption if so.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Natas0114

I couldn't ever ask for money..well, the one with the gimp leg..

I wish I could've helped him better. But, the vet found him a good home and the Vet fixed his leg for free..so, it always works out in the end. I can't turn them away..they need help and out here there is really not that many people to help them.

Sometimes, just like people, all they need is a warm place to lay their head for awhile and someone to show them some kindness..anyone can afford those two things..

blend57

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
chiefsmom

If I can't keep him..I'll find a way to get him to you if you are really interested.. he is very lovey and has a gentle nature about him. Somewhat hyper still being a pup..but, seems like he will turn into a really good dog.

If he is not chipped and I cannot find his owner..I'll PM ya if you think you might be interested..just don't want to put him in a shelter if I don't have to..

thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hmmm.....Brindle Great Dane in there somewhere?

Been thinkin' and it really looks like he's got some Brindle in him. Know anyone in the area with Great Danes?
edit on 20-12-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Think I got it. Sorry to seem obsessed, but I love dogs and if we can find the breed, it may help you find the little guy's home.

Looks like a Great Dane/ Boxer mix.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

a brindle colored pit bull. maybe a mix with a black lab....not sure till he matures.

handsome fella. make sure you get him fixed. Itll make him easier to get along with (whether a boy or girl).

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
DAVID64

omg!! That looks exactly like him!

pretty close at least.. thank you! that means he's not gonna get too big..probably a medium size dog then..yes? I dunno why anyone would not be able to keep track of such a young dog..makes me wonder if they dropped him off or something... just find it concerning someone would do that in such poor weather conditions. It is very, very cold out here right now.

Thanks for your help!
blend57

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Very true. Either way, as we say around here - Good on you!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Hon, that second one is a mastiff I believe. Looks just like my Chiefy and Loki. 175 lb. lapdogs. God I miss them. It would be AWESOME if he had mastiff in him.

At least to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's those feet that keep me guessing. He doesn't have the big feet of either Dane, Pit, Boxer or Lab. He may just be what we call a Heinz 57, with Dane/Boxer/Pit dominate.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Guten Morgen-

If You get the chance read this:

www.sunfell.com...

Especially the part where "animals and/or young children will seek You out..."

Thank You from ALL the Fur Lovers on the intraweb...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

He looks like he could have just a pinch of Staffordshire terrier of some sort in him.

Who cares though? What a cute dog!

If its got more than two legs, then hes probably a winner. Its those two legged animals you want to watch out for. The ones who wear second skins and foot coverings.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It looks like a Catahoula Cur / pit bull mix to me. They make excellent pets, but they need to be kept outside for them to run. and run . and run!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You're as bad as my sister , she's only picked up three so far.

Good for you ... and her , much respect to anyone who can offer a home to animals in need.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I know. I love my 2 giant goofballs.

Yes. 2 of these. I keep the dog food companies in business.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Is that a dog or Falkor from The Neverending Story ?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
TrueBrit , bigfatfurrytexan

I don't care much about what breed of dog he is..like I said, he seems to be a very well natured. But it seems like one of the first questions asked when people are considering giving them a home. That and how big they will get..and how old they are.

DAVID64
omg those are beautiful dogs! way too big for me to manage though..must be very well trained.

gortex
Can't help it..they come to me, I don't seek them out. Usually when I'm running they follow me home. A few just showed up on my doorstep. Just can't let them suffer..they seek you out for a reason. It's all good, I know I can't help all of them, but if I can help at least some of them out in some way..well, I have to... it's my nature.

NightFlight

plenty of space for him to run in around here..if running is what he does best ..lol

JimNasium

Just read through that..it is interesting to say the least, thank you for linking it. Thank you for being an animal lover... for me there is no other way really..they seek you out for a reason..

edit on 20-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join